Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Maybe. I am very curious about this LFC team. At some point last year they looked like bottom feeder. I would be very happy to be wrong about that. I do not think they are good enough and they are very predictable.
Yeah after they lost their top 3 CBs they lagged a little. Who wouldn’t

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leverkusen just sold Bailey for good money, they can afford Sargent.

They also bought a CB for about the price they sold Bailey. I agree though that 2M difference is something they can probably afford. The point is that all Premier League clubs can spend wildly and others can’t, so you get situations where relegation fodder Premier League teams are outbidding good teams in other leagues. It’s not good for those players careers or the structure within European football.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
They also bought a CB for about the price they sold Bailey. I agree though that 2M difference is something they can probably afford. The point is that all Premier League clubs can spend wildly and others can’t, so you get situations where relegation fodder Premier League teams are outbidding good teams in other leagues. It’s not good for those players careers or the structure within European football.

Leverkusen obviously could spend massively with the backing of the pill pushers, but Bundesliga doesn't want them too as they want to hold back the league compared to other leagues and be stuck in the past and not get onboard with the modern football financies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good for them. I wish the others weren't so "modern".

Yeah, you might wish that, but when the governments and banks are giving pretty much any big corporations money for free (without interest) and inflation is running "rampant", there are really no advantages to be had from being fiscally responsible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad