OT: Summer Olympics

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This 14 year old chinese diver is about to demolish the world record.She is amazingly impressive

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This 14 year old chinese diver is about to demolish the world record.She is amazingly impressive
Diving is one of those sports I have a hard time watching because, barring catastrophe like that lady jumping feet first into the pool the other day, everything always looks amazing to me. I have no way of telling what was fantastic and what was terrible. I mean shit I would even jump off the board.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I'm not sure how, but our guy managed a sick come from behind W with no time on the clock in heavy weight wrestling for the gold. What an athlete!

Only Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson has ever had such an exciting last second victory in wrestling before.

Reactions: will1066

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Diving is one of those sports I have a hard time watching because, barring catastrophe like that lady jumping feet first into the pool the other day, everything always looks amazing to me. I have no way of telling what was fantastic and what was terrible. I mean shit I would even jump off the board.

I marvel at the athleticism but I have my troubles with sports that are truly based on judges scoring. Even earlier in the women's springboard comp, the commentator said, right after a US diver's dive, "This should score very high. She doesn't have the reputation yet that the Chinese do but if she did, I think it could've scored maybe some 9s"

I'm not sure how, but our guy managed a sick come from behind W with no time on the clock in heavy weight wrestling for the gold. What an athlete!

Only Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson has ever had such an exciting last second victory in wrestling before.

Unvelievable and insanely cool finish to that match:
(2) WHAT! Gable Steveson wins 125kg wrestling gold AS TIME EXPIRES | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports - YouTube

Reactions: nyr2k2

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Table tennis (ie Ping Pong) is my fav to watch live... I was at the Rio Olympics and I swear I couldn't believe it wasn't CGI but I was watching w the naked eye.

Really f***ing Impressive

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

Yeah,that was a great move by him.The guy he beat was also a 3 time champion.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Did anyone see that woman in the pentathlon or whatever the f*** it is, who was in first place coming into the horse shit and her horse just wouldn't jump? That was tough to watch, the woman just lost it. She ended up finishing 31st overall. Rough.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Did anyone see that woman in the pentathlon or whatever the f*** it is, who was in first place coming into the horse shit and her horse just wouldn't jump? That was tough to watch, the woman just lost it. She ended up finishing 31st overall. Rough.
That horse choked. It just decided, I'm not gonna do this and galloped away.

Reactions: Devonator

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Tonight I discovered the knitting diver Thomas Daley.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The women's marathon is pretty exciting, seeing the American Molly Seidel remain neck and neck with the best in the world after 17 miles

Edit: 23 miles and she's still in the front pack

This is hitting me in the feels seeing her family at home cheering her on. The commentators say this is her 3rd marathon., i.e., she has no business being there. Talk about an underdog story

Last edited:

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
A sports comedy movie needs to be made about the cutthroat world of rhythmic gymnastics.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hoping the next Olympics includes staring contests. Would love to watch

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Some of these events had me wondering if I was watching the X Games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad