Summer gamefest 2022

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Wasn't that impressed with Starfield at first until I saw the spaceship building and space flight. That's pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the skill system though, I was hoping they would go back to a more traditional RPG system.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Thought it was a fine showcase but not great. Lots coming in next year but big games aren’t until 2023.

I am a fan of smaller, Indie games so a lot of those caught my eye. Like the Japanese stuff too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Thought for sure we'd at least get news about that goldeneye remake/re-release at least.

There's a full achievement list and a couple people with them unlocked. Figured if was right around the corner

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If it wasn't for leaks, I'm a bit surprised they couldn't get any gameplay out on games they announced like 2 years ago like Avowed (apparently has some development issues), Fable (same), Hellblade 2, and State of Decay 3.

I am really curious about that Justin Roiland game. It reminded me of South Park for N64 which was an FPS. I know its not a Rick and Morty game, but the themes of the game seem very tied to that universe.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If it wasn't for leaks, I'm a bit surprised they couldn't get any gameplay out on games they announced like 2 years ago like Avowed (apparently has some development issues), Fable (same), Hellblade 2, and State of Decay 3.

I am really curious about that Justin Roiland game. It reminded me of South Park for N64 which was an FPS. I know its not a Rick and Morty game, but the themes of the game seem very tied to that universe.
They said it was for games coming in next 12 months, which means those games aren’t. I haven’t heard anything about Avowed’s development issues or Fable. Perfect Dark is the one that has had issues and Everwild.

I’m assuming Diable IV is Gamepass even though I missed that.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
COVID did a lot more damage than people realized.

Pretty much none of the big three have any heavy hitters waiting in the wings outside of Sony and God Of War. And even then there's rumors that's going to get pushed into 2023 as well.

Microsoft has nothing. Nintendo is the only one with games ready to go in Xenoblade and Splatoon but nothing on the level of a Mario or a Zelda type reveal. just the way she goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
They said it was for games coming in next 12 months, which means those games aren’t. I haven’t heard anything about Avowed’s development issues or Fable. Perfect Dark is the one that has had issues and Everwild.
Schreier (probably the most reliable journalist in gaming) mentioned today that Obsidian has seen a massive turnover on staff related to Avowed. This was in regards to Fable.

I'm just a bit surprised they have nothing to show on games they announced 2 years ago. But, the pandemic has created issues for almost all studios.

COVID did a lot more damage than people realized.

Pretty much none of the big three have any heavy hitters waiting in the wings outside of Sony and God Of War. And even then there's rumors that's going to get pushed into 2023 as well.

Microsoft has nothing. Nintendo is the only one with games ready to go in Xenoblade and Splatoon. Just the way she goes.
I think Nintendo also has Bayonetta 3, unless that too has been delayed.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Schreier (probably the most reliable journalist in gaming) mentioned today that Obsidian has seen a massive turnover on staff related to Avowed. This was in regards to Fable.

I'm just a bit surprised they have nothing to show on games they announced 2 years ago. But, the pandemic has created issues for almost all studios.

I think Nintendo also has Bayonetta 3, unless that too has been delayed.

TBA 2022. Given we're now in June and haven't heard anything I'd be willing to bet that game gets delayed too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That Tuesday showcase isn't going to be anything groundbreaking. Why wouldn't you show you big guns off at the show everyone was watching?

No one is going to be around to watch that type of a shit midday Tuesday.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Schreier is like Bobby Mac/Shams level connected. I'll take his word for it.
Basically the only person in the industry you can trust. He isn't a mouthpiece for hype; he doesn't make things up and hopes to be right. He said last week GoW: Ragnarok is slated for November, and hopefully, that holds (he added that things can rapidly change in game development though).

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Stormgate devs are trying to show stuff too soon, they need to wait until they actually have something to show. Heh.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Very excited about Persona being even more liberated from Sony. Can’t wait to play 3 and 4 again on Xbox. Unless they also come to switch, then I’ll get it on that.

Starfield could be a giant waste of time or amazing, not sure. Wasnt super encouraged by the trailer to be honest.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Forgot Xbox has the Tuesday show. That’s when we get Goldeneye, right?!?

Sony must have the Deathloop talk locked down to the point where Xbox cant even talk about it coming later this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad