Summer gamefest 2022

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
don't see a thread for this and there should be it's a couple hours away what do you hope to see?

I want ONE thing, a God of War release date that's all I really want.

I feel like it's time

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It hasn't started yet but the Last of US Part 1 remake already showed up on the PlayStation website.

It doesn't look that much better, but I think the cutscenes were pre-rendered in last of us ps3

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It hasn't started yet but the Last of US Part 1 remake already showed up on the PlayStation website.

It doesn't look that much better, but I think the cutscenes were pre-rendered in last of us ps3

Man I LOVE that game

as much as I love that game I was INCREDIBLY dissapointed in the sequel.

I could not have been more hyped and they took the characters and made them stupid

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
A LOT of shit I don't care about being shown right now with a couple things that look cool like witchfire

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I wanna know what it was that apparently triggered like 8 different teams to start making a Dead Space clone all at the same time.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I was planning on watching this live but slept in, looks like i didn't miss much. Only thing i'm interested in is the Modern Warfare 2 gameplay

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The pre-show burned me out so I skipped the main show, probably a good idea, nothing eventful. Naughty Dog multiplayer game is actually interesting. Uncharted 3 and 4 (and I heard last of us as well) had extremely good multiplayer but people didn't really want to give it a chance. I actually think they could hit a homerun with this one.

Reactions: robertmac43

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Is it just me or was the seemingly throwaway Day of the Dev thing that nobody watches and the Devolver conference a million times more interesting than the big main event AAA kick-off show? Who wants to see the same old shooters with gruff military-men fighting aliens over and over again? My preference for indies has never been more clear.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Wasn’t The Last of Us 2 supposed to come with multiplayer? Seems a little icky that they just decided to make it a new game they can charge for.

Gamesfest in general didn’t have a lot to hold my interest. All these sci-fi horror games aren’t for me. Some of the small games looked cool.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Wasn’t The Last of Us 2 supposed to come with multiplayer? Seems a little icky that they just decided to make it a new game they can charge for.

Gamesfest in general didn’t have a lot to hold my interest. All these sci-fi horror games aren’t for me. Some of the small games looked cool.
I would be surprised if the game isn't free to play

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I would be surprised if the game isn't free to play
I don't think it will, but I also don't think it will be full price.

On one hand, these modes have always been included. On the other hand, I feel like being included in a prestige AAA videogame actively discourages people from actually playing these game modes. I feel like unless it's call of duty or red dead people too easily disregard multiplayer game modes for single player games.

In fact EA and Activision have always said that only a small percentage of players even play the single player mode for those games. Really those games have become multiplayer games with single player modes. Sort of the opposite of Naughty Dogs problem.

Reactions: Mikeaveli

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It was gonna be apart of part II but the scope was too big so they made it it’s own thing.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

On one hand, these modes have always been included. On the other hand, I feel like being included in a prestige AAA videogame actively discourages people from actually playing these game modes. I feel like unless it's call of duty or red dead people too easily disregard multiplayer game modes for single player games.

In fact EA and Activision have always said that only a small percentage of players even play the single player mode for those games. Really those games have become multiplayer games with single player modes. Sort of the opposite of Naughty Dogs problem.
Hasn't that been the case for most games the last 20 years? Lots of games have had their multiplayer modes largely ignored. There's only so many online multiplayer games people flock to and I always got the sense that devs were aware of that pretty quickly so the multiplayer modes got kind of forgotten

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I don't think it will be free, but to build the player base I sort of believe that it will be a day one launch on Ps Plus extra tier.

I honestly don't really care about multiplayer mode. The only large online game I invested a fair amount of time was GTA V. Of that entire ND aspect of the show, the thing I was most interested in Druckman wouldn't even talk about (whatever game he is heading the development of). The curious thing I found was it seems ND has 3 legitimate teams right now unless the Druckman project is still in pre-production. I assume one will be fully dedicated to maintaining Factions and dedicated to live service.

The game I was most curious about that was shown at this was Calisto Protocol, as I think it might be the first game in UE5 on PS5.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Is it bad that I would actually like a sequel to Nuts and Bolts? Underrated game imo

The building mechanics were great. The levels were really underwhelming and empty though, probably because they were built for the traditional platforming version of the game they were making originally.

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The building mechanics were great. The levels were really underwhelming and empty though, probably because they were originally built for the traditional platforming version of the game they were making originally.
Yeah it definitely wasn't perfect but I think it's a great concept that could be further refined in another game. The idea of multiplayer with everyone using their own created vehicles was also interesting.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Remember that phase where every single game was a zombie game?

Apparently that's back.

Dark days.

But Shredder's Revenge and a new RTS from ex-Starcraft devs? Count me in.

Is it just me or was the seemingly throwaway Day of the Dev thing that nobody watches and the Devolver conference a million times more interesting than the big main event AAA kick-off show? Who wants to see the same old shooters with gruff military-men fighting aliens over and over again? My preference for indies has never been more clear.

Indie games have dominated so far in my mind.

Looking forward to the Xbox Showcase, and the PC Gaming Show always has a few gems amongst the overwhelming number of roguelikes.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Some things I'm looking forward to seeing or hoping to see over the next couple days:

Starfield
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Avowed
Fable
Forza Motorsport 8
The Outer Worlds 2 (highly unlikely)
Fallout remasters
Rune Factory 5 PC Port
Persona 3 PC Port

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Fable would be unreal to see. I'm currently replaying those right now!
I had a great time with Fable 1 and still had a good time with 2 & 3 even though they got repetitive and gimmicky. There’s a lot of potential there for a great game but they’ve gotta knock it out of the park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad