Summer gamefest 2022

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Forgot Xbox has the Tuesday show. That’s when we get Goldeneye, right?!?

Sony must have the Deathloop talk locked down to the point where Xbox cant even talk about it coming later this year.

I'm not sure if it's just a rehash, more footage or a more open format where they tease stuff that is further out than 12 months. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Microsoft's second press conference was going to deal more with stuff in development as opposed to 'upcoming releases'.

I think today it was pretty obvious what Xbox wanted to showcase: "Hey, you bought our console and we have you covered. Here's some stuff coming out soon that you might find interesting, here's Diablo IV, here's some Japanese stuff and here's Starfield".

I'm sure they read news outlets and the theme of most Xbox and Microsoft stuff in recent weeks has been along the lines of "Xbox hasn't released anything big on console recently".

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm not sure if it's just a rehash, more footage or a more open format where they tease stuff that is further out than 12 months. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Microsoft's second press conference was going to deal more with stuff in development as opposed to 'upcoming releases'.

I think today it was pretty obvious what Xbox wanted to showcase: "Hey, you bought our console and we have you covered. Here's some stuff coming out soon that you might find interesting, here's Diablo IV, here's some Japanese stuff and here's Starfield".

I'm sure they read news outlets and the theme of most Xbox and Microsoft stuff in recent weeks has been along the lines of "Xbox hasn't released anything big on console recently".
If its like last year, there will be a few announcements but mostly in depth stuff. But this Goldeneye thing has been rumored forever so figured it would have popped up by now.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Thought it was a fine showcase but not great. Lots coming in next year but big games aren’t until 2023.

I am a fan of smaller, Indie games so a lot of those caught my eye. Like the Japanese stuff too.
2023 looks like it’s going to be a WILD year for Xbox users. So much on the slate, and that’s not even looking at Q3/Q4.

I thought the showcase was good not great, as well. I really expected Avowed until they said these were just games in the next 12 months. I thought there was a lot of meh looking games but super excited for 4-5 of these.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think 2023 is going to be a wild year in general with all the games pushed due to COVID.

Hellblade 2 probably will show up at the game awards again with potentially a date. It always shows up there.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It kind of cracks me up how the most vocal gamers have zero correlation to how actually popular games are. The Capcom livestream chat is full of "zzzzzzz" in regards to monster hunter rise and Street Fighter and shouting for dragons dogma which like nobody has played

Edit: lol, theres no dragons dogma in development, its just a 10th anniversary documentary. Thats perfect.

Lots of new resident evil village content.

next gen update for the ps4 RE games is live.

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It kind of cracks me up how the most vocal gamers have zero correlation to how actually popular games are. The Capcom livestream chat is full of "zzzzzzz" in regards to monster hunter rise and Street Fighter and shouting for dragons dogma which like nobody has played

It's a shame the game wasn't more popular (looks like it sold a couple million), it was a bit of breath of fresh air for RPGs at the time. It was rough around the edges but had a lot of potential.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I gotta say that chinese mythology game from Team Ninja cinematic trailer looks good. The only problem is that the Nioh games are absolutely HORRIBLE. Seriously they need to stop making those style of games they suck so bad.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Edit: lol, theres no dragons dogma in development, its just a 10th anniversary documentary. Thats perfect.

10_Years_of_Dragon_s_Dogma_12_14_screenshot.0.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad