GWT: Summer Friendlies - 2020

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Gedson Fernandes is playing Right Back for Spurs against Ipswich right now. Please just buy a new one.

Foyth had a peach of an assist earlier.

Reactions: Fro

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool defeated Stuttgart 3-0 today.

Goals from Firmino, Keita & Brewster. Debuts for Tsimikas & Koumetio

Additional details available upon request.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lot of rain for a bit. Jones looked good. Minamino looked good, but man does he need one to go in.
Yeah. I don’t think anyone looked “bad” today, but Minamino needs to score very badly, not sure Klopp knows what to do with him honestly. Tsimikas looked better defensively than offensively; (For example, missed Milner on an overlap and I though Millie was going to kill him) but that’s going to come with time. Really impressed by Koumetio. He is huge and did not look out of place. Jones and Keita looked great. Thought Hoever did a nice job as well.

Reactions: YNWA14

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Some takes from today's Spurs game (bear in mind that this was against Ipswich):

Hojbjerg looked really good. Was really nice to see him allow other midfielders to play more freely.

Gedson Fernandes did pretty well at Right Back, however I don't think he seems like a long-term solution there. I still think the loan of him is rather questionable.

Academy Left Back Dennis Cirkin impressed me the most. Mou really likes him. Remember the name.

Ryan Sessegnon played out on the wing today, and managed to score. Still think he was Spurs worst player today though. What happened to the 17 y/o that scored 15 goals in the Championship? Looks way too timid. Personally I think he could use a loan.

Another young winger that we brought in last year, Jack Clarke, was rather polarizing I guess. He is clearly very talented but he can't seem to piece his talents together. He's coming off two Championship loan spells where he barely got to play at all.

Total cost of Sessegnon and Clarke: €38M + potential add-ons.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund played two 60 minute friendlies today. One team against Duisburg and the other against Feyenoord. We beat Duisburg 5-1, and lost to Feyenoord 3-1. The team that played Duisburg was the stronger of the two.

The best players so far in preseason have been Reyna, Sancho and Bellingham. Ansgar Knauff has been really good, and I think will eventually be promoted full time to the first team. Moukoko isn't yet allowed to play in friendlies, so he's only participating in training. I don't even know where Collins is, but he's not playing in the games. He might not be eligible either for the friendlies. Reus, Dahoud, Zagadou and Reinier all aren't fit enough yet to play, but it doesn't sound like any of them won't be available when the season starts.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dortmund played two 60 minute friendlies today. One team against Duisburg and the other against Feyenoord. We beat Duisburg 5-1, and lost to Feyenoord 3-1. The team that played Duisburg was the stronger of the two.

The best players so far in preseason have been Reyna, Sancho and Bellingham. Ansgar Knauff has been really good, and I think will eventually be promoted full time to the first team. Moukoko isn't yet allowed to play in friendlies, so he's only participating in training. I don't even know where Collins is, but he's not playing in the games. He might not be eligible either for the friendlies. Reus, Dahoud, Zagadou and Reinier all aren't fit enough yet to play, but it doesn't sound like any of them won't be available when the season starts.
Has Moukoko been playing?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool defeated Stuttgart 3-0 today.

Goals from Firmino, Keita & Brewster. Debuts for Tsimikas & Koumetio

Additional details available upon request.
I hope Brewster stays. He's just a natural goal scorer and works very hard. He is worth integrating into the team over Origi at this point. Though Wilson also had a great pre-season a year ago and still got moved off.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I hope Brewster stays. He's just a natural goal scorer and works very hard. He is worth integrating into the team over Origi at this point. Though Wilson also had a great pre-season a year ago and still got moved off.
Especially if no one else is coming in, it makes no sense to move Brewster. Would like to give him until Winter window to see if he can carve out a spot, and then you can re-assess. I’d keep Wilson this year too. The HG spot may come in handy and obviously Shaqiri can’t stay healthy. Wilson should be able to do just about anything Shaqiri can at this stage honestly.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool 2 - 2 RB Salzburg

Really sloppy first half. Especially from Fabinho and Gomez. Brewster with both LFC goals. Van Dijk wore the crimson mask today; had to come off but is fine.

Hoping Brewster stays, but I have an awful feeling he is going to get loaned out; which would be very dumb. He is better than Origi.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool 2 - 2 RB Salzburg

Really sloppy first half. Especially from Fabinho and Gomez. Brewster with both LFC goals. Van Dijk wore the crimson mask today; had to come off but is fine.

Hoping Brewster stays, but I have an awful feeling he is going to get loaned out; which would be very dumb. He is better than Origi.

On the contrary I'm sure his goals ensured he won't be loaned out. They weren't playing a shit team.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes Brewster is scoring point and he might just have ensured that Origi is sold...

Klopp like having his top young prospect with his 1st team. I would not be surprised at all if they keep him with the 1st team for the whole season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Brewster stays healthy he could be in for a big year. Before his injury he was well on track to having a breakout in the PL at a young age. I mentioned before that Greenwood was doing what I was hoping Brewster would (pre-injury). Still remains to be seen if he can really keep it going, but Brewster has that same quality of finishing. Would be interested to see if he can have a similar impact as the 4th forward option.

Also Patson Daka is going to a big club after this season, if not in January.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Chelsea v Brighton this weekend will have 2500 fans in attendance at the Amex. Sold out instantly.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool looking a bit rough. Give away by the kid central defender for an easy score. Probably not a penalty given by Alisson, and they’re down 2-1 at half

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool looking a bit rough. Give away by the kid central defender for an easy score. Probably not a penalty given by Alisson, and they’re down 2-1 at half
Salah has looked really bad all preseason. Mane hasn't been great either.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mane levels it after a very weird goal that came back to him like 3 times.

On another note I quite like the 4-2-3-1, and Minamino continues to play really well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad