GWT: Summer Friendlies - 2020

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
...aaaand Firmino scores a really cheeky goal from Minamino. Really nice from Williams and Minamino there.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Salah has looked really bad all preseason. Mane hasn't been great either.

Yeah, both kinda have. I wonder how it's been since they most likely didn't really get to go back to their homes in Africa.

I do think these friendlies are more about fitness for them, but it's whatever. I think that when the real matches come on, the switch will flip. They're good enough pros where I'm not concerned. Heck, Fabinho has always been bad in some of these friendlies.

For guys like Minamino, Keita, Jones and some others, these matches are much more important. they need to carve out some time and a role in the squad.

On a different note, Sepp van den Berg looks to have improved and settled a bit. He's still so young.

Reactions: Ajacied and YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Milner is going to be a liability this season. He already was for a good bit of his time the previous season, but I think it'll be worse this year.

Also yeah Sepp has taken a good step forward so hope he kicks on well. Still so young. I would actually rather keep Nat Phillips as our 4th CB; he has a grit that Sepp doesn't have yet and I think he's done really well. I don't think Sepp or Koumetio are ready for that duty.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Really nice finish by Elliott. He's a very smart player; his off the ball movement is top level for his age and position.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino to Minamino now! Every since Mane and Salah came off the team has been fluid AF. <_<

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Of for f*** sake
Why does it feel like every south american player is getting the virus? Do they just not take as many precautions or something? Genuinely feels like every time I hear about a 'big' player getting it it's someone from south america.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why does it feel like every south american player is getting the virus? Do they just not take as many precautions or something? Genuinely feels like every time I hear about a 'big' player getting it it's someone from south america.
Just look at how they acted when it was at its peak. Going to BBQs without a care. Argentina its self isnt ready but the league is pushing to reopen. Boca have about 90% of their players infected.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reus and Pherai scored for Dortmund in a 2-0 win over some Dutch team. Collins got into the game late on. This was the first time he's played for the first team in a friendly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad