Votes: 26 14.1%
  • No one this summer

Votes: 76 41.1%

• Total voters

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Jeff Gorton was on The Sick Eye Test podcast yesterday and made mention they were trying to sign some college free agents. He also sounded as though they were going to sign Luke Tuch. He mentioned they are always discussing between him, Kent and Marty, when the right time is to add an offensive forward to really add a jump.

All music to my ears.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't make any big UFA adds this summer. I would prefer a trade for a RFA, if possible. If Monahan wants to come back I'm ok with 3 x $5m. Center depth is a big issue.

Carrier would be a good add for 4th line.

Pearson is gone. Thank God. I would love to add Dvorak & Anderson to follow him out the door.
I'd like to add a top 6 player. Look at Capitals, Islanders, Detroit battling for the second wildcard. They not that much better than us. We should be there next season.

I'd rather sign a UFA though. because I don't want to give up bunch of picks for RFA. Beck, Hutson, Fowler, Habs doing good with those caliber of picks. If they trade 3 picks for Necas type, then give him 6 million a year. Better off keeping the picks and sign a DeBrusk type.

Then summer '25 have 25 million in caproom. Can make big splash, add couple of stars. Cup contender!?

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Like you say, Anderson is much more tricky. I don't know about decline or not (I've not been able to watch much hockey since January) but his stats are putrid and it makes the remaining contract commitment seem putrefying. I resent that Kent Hughes didn't cut-bait with Anderson when he supposedly had the chance but I have to acknowledge we don't know the whole picture or details. Anderson is a client of Hughes' agency, I hope for everybody's sake Hughes finds a place to put Anderson where he can participate in the playoffs or something.
From the games I saw, he's absolutely terrible right now. One of the worst players I've ever seen playing for the Habs and I'm not exaggerating. Think Max Domi during our playoff run.

I also thought he should have been traded last offseason.

Jul 6, 2016
Gally is next to impossible to move now. And for another good full season. His contract could be bought after.

Anderson MUST be traded.

Keep Armia and Dvorak for their last year of contract.

Sign Marchesseault and Carrier on the UFA market. It will add lots of offense from one and lots of grit from the other. Caufield could then play on a second line with Dach and Newhook or Roy. Marchesseault would play with Suzuki and Slaf.

On D: Barron or Harris could be dealt in a package.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Anderson's lack of effort is really bothering me. Having a down year goalscoring wise is one thing, but to just stop caring as a vet because the team sucks is unacceptable. I wouldn't be opposed to using the retention slot we get back in the summer on him. Armia's making a case to keep him at this point, I doubt we want to trade Savard, and we need center depth so Dvorak likely stays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad