Speculation: Summer 2018 Roster Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Yeah, I'm not entirely certain that he will be successful on the Jumbo line either. I don't think that line is the right fit for him. I think that ultimately, Kane will be best on a 3rd line that plays a more uptempo style and more of a north-south game.

Historically, the Sharks have made systematic attempts to transition towards a north-south game, but Joe Thornton and a lack of playmaking and offensive ability from the defense have stopped them in their tracks. I really don't think that Thornton will be a good fit on a line with a north-south player like Kane whose cycling ability is far from his strong suit; especially when the RW is Pavelski.

I get what is going on; PDB thinks Joe/Joe and Hertl/Couture are inseparable duos on lines 1 and 2, respectively. And he thinks Kane and Meier are the next best forwards on the team, in that order, so he has pencilled them in as the 3rd wheel on each of those duos. But in doing so, he has completely ignored their styles of play, and where they should be most optimally deployed. And he has created some top-9 line configurations that are a far cry from optimal. :(

Um, Kane, least worst option out of a group that contains LaBanc? On the power play? You think Evander Kane is a better PP player than Kevin LaBanc?

Least worst option OUTSIDE of

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Kane on the top line is due process, mostly because there are few that can work with the Joe's effectively. Gotta try it. I think we should be all praying for stability at 3C and 4C. If that happens, I think PDB will have a strong year, as it seems he does better with less options/ferris wheel type situations. So... I mean, to me, cut to the chase, either chartier or the 6'4 4C's we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad