Speculation: Summer 2018 Roster Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
I don't see them making a trade for a 3 C unless nobody in camp proves they can hang in the NHL. I all bs on the Montreal rumor as they have nothing much to offer that would improve our roster right now.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I don't see them making a trade for a 3 C unless nobody in camp proves they can hang in the NHL. I all bs on the Montreal rumor as they have nothing much to offer that would improve our roster right now.

Eklund is out of his mind. Don't be surprised if the rumors spur players on to up their game. This sounds like one of those instances. We have the potential of having one of the better 3rd lines in all of hockey that can create havok and matchup nightmares for many teams.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Montreal pretty much has nothing on their team. Looking at their lines on daily faceoff and its real bad.

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
What could we realistically get for Donskoi from MTL? I just don't see them as good trade partners.

I hope DeBoer ends up running that bottom 6 with Suomela/Gambrell centering it and adjust as the season goes on. Keep that 3rd line in tact. LaBanc/Suomela/Donskoi line will hand out fits. I can hold off on trade talks until we see more from them.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Honestly, Heed makes more sense. If they’re not impressed with him, he can potentially fetch something. But again, we need a good center (one who is obviously better than Suomela), so not sure the point.

Eh, Eklund.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I think if we can find our #4C early, itll be the difference of serious cup contender or cup contender. My money is on Chartier or Alex True, PDB is looking for a 4th line that can lead the play and hem in top lines in their zone.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Seriously, can we get a guy that's not trying to stir the pot? Of course talks have been non existant. We're trying to re-sign a top 5 player in the NHL! Jesus Christ.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
This is one of those times where you believe in the players you have, and keep them. Players like Meier, Donskoi, and Labanc don't grow off trees. I think best bet is to hope for a rookie to shine or Rick Nash deciding he wants another run. Else find somebody like we did with Eric Fehr!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Nash isn’t a top-6 player anymore. I’d have time for him on the third line if he came very cheap on a one-year deal, though.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I remember reading somewhere that a team was offering Nash a multi-year deal worth about 15 mill and he declined. He's not coming to us for basically league minimum.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
If his health is that much of an issue I doubt him playing for term or money. He's playing for a cup and quality of life if he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad