Summer 2017 individual prospect rankings + Questionnaire

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The annual summer consensus poll is well under way and heading to conclusion. Now it's time to post individual lists. Goalies are not included.

We've done a thread every 6 months where individually everyone can post a prospect list. Here is the summer 2017 edition. Comments and debate are encouraged.

***There is a questionnaire in post #2. Please quote it. Then post your answers below and your prospect list above.***

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
1- The player in your top 10 you're afraid you may have overrated?

2- The player outside of your top 10 you're afraid you may have underrated?

3- The player you think is most likely to rise from outside your top 15 into a top 10 spot next year?

4- The player outside your top 20 who you think has the best chance to become a regular on the Flyers roster someday?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
My list...
1- Nolan Patrick
2- Travis Sanheim
3- Philippe Myers
4- Oskar Lindblom
5- German Rubtsov
6- Morgan Frost
7- Mikhail Vorobyev
8- Tanner Laczynski
9- Robert Hagg
10- Wade Allison
11- Isaac Ratcliffe
12- Samuel Morin
13- Mark Friedman
14- Linus Hogberg
15- Pascal Laberge
16- Connor Bunnaman
17- Matthew Strome
18- Noah Cates
19- Olle Lycksell
20- David Kase

3- The player you think is most likely to rise from outside your top 15 into a top 10 spot next year?

4- The player outside your top 20 who you think has the best chance to become a regular on the Flyers roster someday?

1- Robert Hagg
2- Linus Hogberg
3- Noah Cates
4- Radel Fazleev

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
1- Nolan Patrick
2- Travis Sanheim
3- German Rubtsov
4- Oskar Lindblom
5- Philippe Myers
6- Morgan Frost
7- Wade Allison
8- Samuel Morin
9- Isaac Ratcliffe
10- Pascal Laberge
11- Tanner Laczynski
12- Mikhail Vorobyev
13- Connor Bunnaman
14- Robert Hagg
15- Nicolas Aube-Kubel
16- Matthew Strome
17- Linus Hogberg
18- Mark Friedman
19- Noah Cates
20- David Kase

Laberge

Laczynski

Strome

Leier

EDIT- Honestly, I keep looking at my top 20 list and I keep wanting to make changes... and then I want to change it back... and again and again and again...

Not sure if that says I'm just indecisive or that we just have an awesome prospect pool with lots of great prospects who are on similar levels. Probably both.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
1. Nolan Patrick
2. Travis Sanheim
3. Oskar Lindblom
4. Philippe Myers
5. German Rubstov
6. Samuel Morin
7. Robert Hagg
8. Morgan Frost
9. Wade Allison
10. Mikhail Vorobyev
11. Issac Ratcliffe
12. Mark Friedman
13. Pascal Laberge
14. Tanner Laczynski
15. Nicolas Aube-Kubel
16. Linus Hogberg
17. Connor Bunnaman
18. Matthew Strome
19. Mike Vecchione
20. Noah Cates

1. Carter Hart
2. Felix Sandstrom
3. Anthony Stolarz
4. Alex Lyon
5. Kirill Ustimenko

Oskar Lindblom: I, like many others around here have high expectations for him next year. I think he will score 40+ points and look like a top-6 NHLer. That might be a little tad overzealous.

Nicolas Aube-Kubel: Didn't get great minutes in the AHL. I feel bad having him at #15. He has top 10 talent.

Linus Hogberg: Has the tools, has the SHL experience. Could have a great year. Maybe our next Lindblom.

Taylor Leier: Not many guys outside of the top 20 have a good shot, but it isn't crazy to think Leier can be a decent 4th liner.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The annual summer consensus poll is well under way and heading to conclusion. Now it's time to post individual lists. Goalies are not included.

We've done a thread every 6 months where individually everyone can post a prospect list. Here is the summer 2017 edition. Comments and debate are encouraged.

***There is a questionnaire in post #2. Please quote it. Then post your answers below and your prospect list above.***

1-Patrick
2-Sanheim
3-Ratcliffe
4-Lindblom
5-Rubstov
6-Morin
7-Myers
8-Vorobyov
9-Frost
10-Hagg
11-NAK
12-Laczynski
13-Laberge
14-Friedman
15-Strome
16-Hogberg
17-Case
18-Cates
19-Marody
20-Bunnaman

I may have deviated from my voting a little bit throughout the polls.

Vorobyov. I like him and think he's got a good shot to make a good NHL career as a bottom six guy.

Laberge. If he wasn't injured this year I think he would definitely have had a better season and been higher.

Strome just because he has the most upside.

Probably Leier. He seems like he is on the cusp at this point but just isn't that flashy, nor does he have a high ceiling.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is Ratcliffe's nickname the Rat? It should be if it isn't. Can the Official Nickname Committee weigh in on this?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

1. Nolan Patrick
  2. Travis Sanheim
  3. Oskar Lindblom
  4. Philippe Myers
  5. German Rubstov
  6. Samuel Morin
  7. Morgan Frost
  8. Wade Allison
  9. Isaac Ratcliffe
  10. Robert Hagg
  11. Mikhail Vorobyev
  12. Pascal Laberge
  13. Tanner Laczynski
  14. Nicolas Aube-Kubel
  15. Mark Friedman
  16. Matthew Strome
  17. Linus Hogberg
  18. David Kase
  19. Connor Bunnaman
  20. Mike Vecchione

Morgan Frost - Whenever the Flyers go off the board, it tends to pan out. That said, his rankings across the board stick in the back of my head as a concern that he's not a true 1st round talent.

Mark Friedman - Haven't seen him play enough to accurately judge him.

Linus Hogberg - Really liked what I see in the Summer Showcase and we will have 2-3 defense prospects graduating off of the list.

Noah Cates - He just missed the cut for me. I like what I have seen and I like even more what I have heard. Prime candidate for a big jump up the boards in his Draft +1.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
1. Nolan Patrick
2. Travis Sanheim
3. Oskar Lindblom
4. Philippe Myers
5. German Rubstov
6. Samuel Morin
7. Wade Allison
8. Isaac Ratcliffe
9. Robert Hagg
10. Morgan Frost
11. Mikhail Vorobyev
12. Tanner Laczynski
13. Mark Friedman
14. Nicolas Aube-Kubel
15. Linus Hogberg
16. Pascal Laberge
17. Connor Bunnaman Mike Vecchione
18. Matthew Strome
19. Connor Bunnaman
20. Noah Cates

1. Felix Sandstrom
2. Carter Hart
3. Anthony Stolarz
4. Alex Lyon
5. Kirill Ustimenko

Isaac Ratcliffe- I think he is the biggest boom/bust prospect we have.

Laczynski- he might put up some crazy numbers this year so we shall see.

LaBerge- if he stays healthy and rediscovers what made him a 2nd rounder than he could rise quickly.

Taylor Leier

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Is Ratcliffe's nickname the Rat? It should be if it isn't. Can the Official Nickname Committee weigh in on this?

giphy.gif

Ken Linseman owns this nickname forever as a Flyer. He's not only the guy of whom I think for the nickname but the type of player: undersized and sneaky dirty.

For Ratcliffe, I would propose Clifford. Big and not entirely coordinated.

clifford-the-big-red-dog-011113.jpg

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
1. Patrick
2. Sanheim
3. Lindblom
4. Myers
5. Rubtsov
6. Morin
7. Vorobyev
8. Frost
9. Hagg
10. Aube-Kubel
11. Ratcliffe
12. Laczynski
13. Laberge
14. Friedman
15. Högberg
16. Kase
17. Strome
18. Cates
19. Bunnaman
20. Marody

Patrick. I sure hope he becomes the new 1C but it definitely isn't a given.

Laberge. The devastating injury last season threw everything off the rails for development. He's a huge question mark for me until he plays in most of the coming season's games.

Bunnaman. This season could be huge for him.

If Laughton isn't considered a prospect, I'll say Leier. Like others said.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
1- Nolan Patrick
2- Travis Sanheim
3- German Rubtsov
4- Oskar Lindblom
5- Philippe Myers

I thought hard about having Rubtsov over Lindblom but chickened out. That's a good against the grain pick by you. Deep down my gut feeling is you're right.

There's a couple other unusual spots I probably should have just gone with my gut as well.

1-Patrick
2-Sanheim
3-Ratcliffe

Ballsy pick at 3. Ratcliffe is a monster if he hits.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought hard about having Rubtsov over Lindblom but chickened out. That's a good against the grain pick by you. Deep down my gut feeling is you're right.

There's a couple other unusual spots I probably should have just gone with my gut as well.

Yeah, I really really like Lindblom, but my gut told me to go with Rubtsov. I think they're similar in a lot of ways: smart guys, responsible defensively, will hound you to death along the boards, but, while Lindblom is more of a goal scorer, I think Rubtsov is a bit more well rounded (really no weaknesses that I can see) and a better skater. We may never even see him at center, but the fact that he can play there adds a little value to me too. Plus, there's just something about watching him that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't know, I'm just pretty high on him.

And like I said, I had such a tough time deciding on a lot of the list. It'd be extremely easy for you to convince me to move most guys (outside the top 5) either up or down a few places. I tried to balance ultimate upside with realistic projections, but for some guys I leaned more on upside and how much I like them (like Allison). Also Laberge, it was tough to rationalize putting him ahead of quite a few guys who definitely had better seasons last year, but I tried to think of how I felt about him last year and kind of give him the benefit of the doubt about last years struggles.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
1- Nolan Patrick
2- Travis Sanheim
3- German Rubtsov
4- Oskar Lindblom
5- Philippe Myers
6- Morgan Frost
7- Samuel Morin
8- Wade Allison
9- Isaac Ratcliffe
10- Tanner Laczynski
11- Pascal Laberge
12- Mikhail Vorobyev
13- Connor Bunnaman
14- Nicolas Aube-Kubel
15- Matthew Strome
16- Robert Hagg
17- Linus Hogberg
18- Mark Friedman
19- David Kase
20- Noah Cates

Laczynski.

Laberge.

None.

Likely Leier.

I'm also on the Rubstov over Lindblom wagon. It isn't that I think that Lindblom is worse, because I feel he is exactly what we need right now, just that I feel Rubstov has the opportunity to make a bigger impact, especially if he hits at C. Even if he doesn't he can still be a smart, well-rounded winger.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Ken Linseman owns this nickname forever as a Flyer. He's not only the guy of whom I think for the nickname but the type of player: undersized and sneaky dirty.

A quick interruption of the topic at hand but this was part of a Hockey News photo shoot as I recall:

53115771-canadian-professional-hockey-player-ken-gettyimages.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ballsy pick at 3. Ratcliffe is a monster if he hits.

I don't think it's that ballsy. I don't understand how he's so far down the list. He is a giant that can skate and has good hands. His main knock was strength, which is probably the easiest thing to fix. I don't think his ceiling is a superstar on his own, but if he's on a line with let's say Patrick and another offensive player, he's got potential to just pile on the goals with his size, skating ability and hands.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think it's that ballsy. I don't understand how he's so far down the list. He is a giant that can skate and has good hands. His main knock was strength, which is probably the easiest thing to fix. I don't think his ceiling is a superstar on his own, but if he's on a line with let's say Patrick and another offensive player, he's got potential to just pile on the goals with his size, skating ability and hands.

Ratcliffe over Lindblom (best forward in SHL) is as ballsy as it gets :laugh:

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Not an expert on this stuff by any account but here goes nothing

1. Patrick
2. Sanheim
3. Rubtsov
4. Lindblom
5. Myers
6. Morin
7. Vorobyev
8. Allison
9. Frost
10. Ratcliffe
11. Hagg
12. Laberge
13. Friedman
14. Hogberg
15. Laczynski
16. Bunnaman
17. Cates
18. Bernhardt
19. Strome
20. Aube-Kubel

Either Rubtsov (Because I rated him over the more NHL ready Lindblom) or Mikhail Vorobyev

2. Probably Aube-Kubel after a rough year in the AHL. Could go higher than 20 but I've kind of written him off at this point

3. Laczynski

4. Cooper Marody

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ratcliffe (not even best forward on his Juniors team) over Lindblom (best forward in SHL) is as ballsy as it gets :laugh:

I wouldn't put Ratcliffe near Lindblom, but statistically Ratcliffe was the best forward on his team last year.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
1.patrick
2. Sanheim
3. Lindblom
4. Myers
5. Rubtsov
6. Morin
7. Allison
8. Laczynski
9. Frost
10. Vorobyev
11.ratcliffe
12. Friedman
13. Hagg
14. Laberge
15. Bunnaman
16. Hogberg
17.cates
18. Strome
19 nak
20 Bernhardt

Frost hopefully the scouts are right
Friedman he may jump up my list next year
Nak hopefully he gets a top 6 role on the phantoms and some pp time

Dannick Martel if he gets a better opportunity with the phantoms.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
1) Patrick
2) Sanheim
3) Lindbolm
4) Myers
5) Rubstov
6) Ratcliffe
7) Morin
8) Frost
9) Allison
10) Hagg
11) Vorobyev
12) Friedman
13) Laczynski
14) Laberge
15) Strome
16) Bunnaman
17) Aube-Kubel
18) Hogberg
19) Vecchione
20) Cates

Patrick- I hope he becomes our next franchise player, but you have to stay healthy because if you sit, you're not worth anything.

Laberge- Could become something unpredicted if he returns well from his injury next year. Very similar game style to Pierre Luc-Dubois of CBJ. Gritty and very smart. I don't think there's room on this team for him at C, but he would be a great winger if he develops everything.

Strome (although he is 15)- If he can pull a Lindbolm and fix his skating!

Twarynski didn't make my list, but most definitely. He brings everything to the table. He's got a decent shot, great energy and tenacity. Goes to the dirty areas and fights to get the puck and usually wins. He's not a head hunter, but can absolutely bring the body. Should expect him to put up huge PIM numbers. He could become a fan favorite if he's developed correctly.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
giphy.gif

For Ratcliffe, I would propose Clifford. Big and not entirely coordinated.

clifford-the-big-red-dog-011113.jpg

TBRD will henceforth be how I refer to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad