Confirmed with Link: Sully extended through 22-23 season

How do you feel about this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yes. A Cup is better than keeping your coach.

Besides, they won the division and lost a Game 7. It's not like they tanked without him.

They didn’t lock him up and cost themselves a legitimate chance at a repeat.

How many teams have switched coaches and won b2b cups? Pens and....?

Reactions: BHD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
I think Sully is a good coach but I also thought he was nearing his expiry date with this team. At least if the Pens need a coaching change he shouldn't be out of work long unless his salary is astronomically high.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When he’s right, he’s right and he says it right....when he’s wrong, he’s really wrong and he has a one track focus on analytics, but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong about Johnson or Sullivan...and just for good measure since you like it so much...

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - For better or worse Mike Sullivan is just another coach

I don’t read any of his articles anymore. He went right off the deep end a while back.

If he went to a screening of a movie called “Context” he’d be asking people what the movie was called because he can’t see it.

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
ZAR scored at a 15 goal, 17 assist pace last season as a 3rd/4th liner with 60.3% D-zone starts. He was a +12.

Never understood why @ColePens and most of this board goes nuclear on the guy. He's totally fine, especially at his upcoming cap hit (I pray).

For the record i think ZAR is a good 4th liner. While he doesn't fit our system much at all, i do like him. I would just rather go massive speed/tenacity.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It’s a zero risk extension. It doesn’t mean anything other than “You'll be paid when we fire you.”

Doesn’t make any word Ryan said wrong.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of Sullivan as the head coach, this should always be in the back of everyone's mind.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You should read that article because it’s 100% correct.

Won’t be doing that and I get the JJ stuff but JJ played less later in the season and was a healthy scratch first playoff game. He got back in because Maatta was atrocious game 1.

Now the contextual part is your GM signs a guy for 5 years that’s going to be hard to move so you try and make it work. D man can take a little longer too adjust. He did have some good (or acceptable) stretches with Pettersson. We also had Schultz out for the most part Olli had a poor year and Riikola wasn’t great either.

I guess he wanted to give it a long shot to see if it would work. You pretty much can’t scratch a guy from the start that just signed 5 years (his start with the club was the worst he was here).

Was that a mistake? Probably. Was there good alternatives? Not really.

If JJ stays it should be a rule that he can only be on the ice with Hornqvist :laugh:

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Coaching doesn’t matter then? Because it does....
Nice strawman.

No, you can't say the Caps blew their shot at winning b2B because Trotz left. The odds they win b2b even with Trotz is insanely low. There's a reason it only happens once every decade or so.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Sure Sully's usage of Jack Johnson sucked but it's JR fault for signing that scrub in the first place. Would be funny if JR canned Sully for playing his big defensive free agent signing too much.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
[MOD]

When I say accountability, I mean accountability and I don't play favourites. I go by performance and potential. I don't rest on my laurels of past success because it's in the past and it doesn't guarantee me a future if I act like that should be enough to keep me around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2