Confirmed with Link: Sullivan signs 3-year extension

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Jeeeeez...some of those...:amazed:

Tippett @ $4mil for the next 5 years...ouch.

Compare that to Quinneville @2.75...

Tippett's doing more than just coaching though. Considering his experience and role, 4MM is fair.

Q is going up to 6MM next year.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Trotz is waaaaay underpaid for what he's done.

Bylsma's is just...wow. Seriously, why would Buffalo sign him to that? (5 years/15m if you don't feel like clicking the link)

Fordy

May 28, 2008

Bylsma's is just...wow. Seriously, why would Buffalo sign him to that? (5 years/15m if you don't feel like clicking the link)

he WON THE CUP in his FIRST YEAR!!!

is he still getting paid out by the pens? dude is pulling in major money for sucking. i bet he gets fired and rehired AGAIN and makes more than any player in the league

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

The same reasons the Penguins rationalized keeping him around way too long:

JACK ADAMS!

STANLEY CUP!

Buffalo probably just figured he needed that magical "change of scenery." Or that he had actually learned something from his experience with the Penguins. Poor Buffalo.

is he still getting paid out by the pens?

I think for one more season, yeah. But not 100% certain.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not sure if it has been pointed out, but unlike some hires the Pens have made over the years, he is not some new kid around the block, we let him get his growing pains elsewhere, his being fired and learning lessons and getting some of the stubborn kicked out of him, and he has extensive experience, especially in the kind of game that best suits our stars.

I think for that reason he has as good a chance as any to not be a flash in the pan.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Is this implying most coaches make under that? I would assume that would be about average. Isn't babcock the highest paid at $5 mill?

I don't know about most, but there's certainly some very good ones who do.

Babcock is certainly the highest at 6+m a year. However there's others that are right up there. Quenneville makes 5-6m next season and Tippet makes 4m (however there's also other duties there than just HC).

But yes, there's a bunch of coaches that make less than 2m, and some of them are fairly established ones.

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
he WON THE CUP in his FIRST YEAR!!!

is he still getting paid out by the pens?
dude is pulling in major money for sucking. i bet he gets fired and rehired AGAIN and makes more than any player in the league

No - at least not normally. A coach/GM will get paid for the duration of their contract even after their fired. Unless however they get another job. Bylsma couldn't sign with Buffalo without PITs permission, and one of the main things there that goes along with that is that they annul his existing contract with his current team (PIT in this case), either in part or in full - I've heard/read stories about both happening. But the usual thing seems to be that the old contract is annulled/cancelled/terminated so that a new one with the new team can take effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad