TV: Suits (Part 2)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Donald Trump is POTUS.

Well played

Nah, it's obvious that Mike will get caught working on the case he's not supposed to, thus putting his job and the firm in trouble, and getting everyone (especially Dule Hill) pissed at him.

What I don't understand is why Mike felt he had to take the case himself. As soon as the other guy found enough evidence to basically make it a slam dunk case, Mike should have told him to take it to another firm (one Mike trusts) to get the resources to pursue it. Hell, Zane seems like the obvious choice there.

Exactly my thought. Take it to Zane.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This was an amazing episode. Actual character development, some good lawyering, and a great finish.

Love the fact they coming back to the concept of "your word."

- Harvey asked Louis to give him his word he wouldn't tell Donna about his psychiatrist.
- Louis asked Harvey to give him his word he'd stay out of the case.
- Donna asked both of them to give her their word they weren't fighting.
- And finally, Mike is going to get in trouble for not keeping his word about the prison lawsuit.

Jan 3, 2012
Maybe my favourite episode in the series and one of my favourite overall of all shows. Actually found myself pondering the whole Alex situation throughout the day today. Very good writing to think up a plot like what those companies are doing, indeed very believable. I struggled at first to discern what was a flashback and what wasn't, but soon realized I could rely on the different hair styles.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Maybe my favourite episode in the series and one of my favourite overall of all shows. Actually found myself pondering the whole Alex situation throughout the day today. Very good writing to think up a plot like what those companies are doing, indeed very believable. I struggled at first to discern what was a flashback and what wasn't, but soon realized I could rely on the different hair styles.
Different hair styles, and they seem to add a slight yellowish tint to the filter on the camera for the flashbacks. If you look for that along with the hairstyles, it's noticeable.

This definitely seems like a rebound season, overall. I can't say it compares with the earlier seasons, but it's much better than the last couple.

Jan 3, 2012
Different hair styles, and they seem to add a slight yellowish tint to the filter on the camera for the flashbacks. If you look for that along with the hairstyles, it's noticeable.

This definitely seems like a rebound season, overall. I can't say it compares with the earlier seasons, but it's much better than the last couple.

Yeah I picked up on that after a bit too, at first I was wondering if my screen or eyes or something was off :laugh:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

I figured this season would be a good rebound one as seeing how things finished last season it was clear the show was getting back to actual law cases and not just personal drama.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So I just started the show last week on Netflix and have binged like crazy (finished ep 1 of season 5 up to this point). Really loving Harvey's character shift where he went from showing very little emotion and compassion to those around him to where he is at this point with regards to Mike, Donna and Louis.

it's pretty jarring getting up to this point knowing Mike and Rachel are leaving though and just leaves me wondering if we're going to get a Harvey-centric show only, or what they try to do, because the entire show has been on the back of the Harvey-Mike dynamic.

At this rate I anticipate being all caught up by the end of the month. :laugh:

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, that felt like a series finale, but apparently it’s not?

Weird send off for Mike and Rachel. Felt rushed. And to push it with an attempt at bringing attention to Jessica's spinoff show? Eh...

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Well, that felt like a series finale, but apparently it’s not?

Weird send off for Mike and Rachel. Felt rushed. And to push it with an attempt at bringing attention to Jessica's spinoff show? Eh...

Yeah I feel like they should have done at least another episode. There was simply too many storylines to do each of them justice.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just watched the last 3 episodes.

Had no clue Patrick Adams was leaving as well. Figured they would have something happen with Rachel, but I suppose this was the best way to go?

I just feel with no Mike and now no Rachel, the show has essentially lost its character depth.

There’s Harvey, but we’ve seen about as much there is to have between Harvey-Louis and Harvey-Donna. And it looks like Jessica is 100% done with this show now as well.

Apparently bringing in a couple new characters, but man, that’s tough to do.

I feel like this was the chance to end things on a good note, as I actually really enjoyed this season.

Without that Harvey-Mike dynamic, it’s really not the same show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I forgot to record these last three episodes ugh. How was the finale?

I seriously still have no clue how they’re going to continue the show without Mike. Losing Rachel they could still carry on because Patrick and Gabe have insane chemistry, but losing Patrick? A huge part of the show was Mike-Harvey chemistry and dynamic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad