TV: Suits (Part 2)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good Finale. Really enjoyed it. The certain character showing up surprised me.

I've been watching through the show again, and it's clear it's not at the level it once was, but I still enjoy it.

I find people these days can't just relax and enjoy shows. If you look in pretty much every show thread on this board, it's a lot of negativity. It's peoples right though. So I understand

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

I mean, the whole "The Donna" bit is horrible television.

Sure, it's tv, and obviously, a dramatized version of actual events, but the fact that Mike's where he is, ends up where the season ends up (not to spoil it) is just ridiculous beyond measure. Also not legal in their state... but the facts aren't really in play here as I understand.

Not to mention, their firm has been gutted, they're basically hemorrhaging staff and clients, both of their top lawyers are willing to have guys flat out illegally hack people to get what they want, there's no real sense of morality or the facts that make it even close to a rational plot. It went off the cliff when they spun the will he or won't he get back in after Mike went to the investment firm, and then even further when they basically let Louis use Mike to force his way on the wall.

Admittedly, I enjoyed the season finale this year, and I still watch the show, but the plot is all over the place and has been for a while. I understand what the show is, and I still find it worth some time, but I feel that in some ways it has gone too far off course that destroys some of what at the beginning was a strong show for what it was (which is a typical USA style drama in the pre-Mr. Robot style). I would have been happier with a conclusion of Mike getting out, being happy and the Donna/Harvey getting a resolution. Instead they're going to continue to drag the show out. For what reason?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Finale was OK. A meh end to a meh season.

[spoil]I was actually expecting Harvey to admit to knowing and being disbarred as opposed to Jessica showing up and taking the blame, and I'm not sure I wouldn't have preferred if it did play out that way but we'll see[/spoil]

What's-her-face magically getting herself added to the board just be a roadblock to Mike becoming a lawyer was so hamfisted and predictable though.

I don't really care about any of the characters anymore except for Harvey, and it feels like he's a background character in the show now. They just use him when Mike needs to get out of his 300th jam.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I mean, the whole "The Donna" bit is horrible television.

Sure, it's tv, and obviously, a dramatized version of actual events, but the fact that Mike's where he is, ends up where the season ends up (not to spoil it) is just ridiculous beyond measure. Also not legal in their state... but the facts aren't really in play here as I understand.

Not to mention, their firm has been gutted, they're basically hemorrhaging staff and clients, both of their top lawyers are willing to have guys flat out illegally hack people to get what they want, there's no real sense of morality or the facts that make it even close to a rational plot. It went off the cliff when they spun the will he or won't he get back in after Mike went to the investment firm, and then even further when they basically let Louis use Mike to force his way on the wall.

Admittedly, I enjoyed the season finale this year, and I still watch the show, but the plot is all over the place and has been for a while. I understand what the show is, and I still find it worth some time, but I feel that in some ways it has gone too far off course that destroys some of what at the beginning was a strong show for what it was (which is a typical USA style drama in the pre-Mr. Robot style). I would have been happier with a conclusion of Mike getting out, being happy and the Donna/Harvey getting a resolution. Instead they're going to continue to drag the show out. For what reason?

Completely agree. This season especially with excessive amounts of hacking and blackmailing, the main characters aren't good people. They're all practically villains.
The constant changing of character have been a ridiculous too with Mike's splitting personality; he's happy and friendly with Harvey, suddenly extremely angry and threatening with Harvey, then begging Harvey to help (as if Harvey hasn't been jumping through hoops all season to get him already), and then he's happy again. And Donna's whole "The Donna is my dream" when she's been "working" on the thing for like less than a month.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Apparently Jessica is getting her own spinoff. She's a great character - strong-willed, powerful and pretty badass. Yet I don't know if she can carry her own show. I don't even know if Harvey could carry his own show and he basically is Suits for all intents and purposes.

Can a legal drama succeed with no real twist like Mike Ross brought to Suits?

https://www.google.ca/amp/deadline....oduce-potential-suits-spinoff-1202031857/amp/

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Man, the second season of Suits is amazing. Forgot how great it was. Really glad I decided to rewatch this

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I feel like next season will be a bit of a series reset as the Mike as a fake lawyer storyline is finished now which was needed. Season 6 realistically should have been done in a half season but you could tell the writers dragged it out as long as they could with the way Mike kept holding back his release or his hesitancy to try and get into the bar.

The end of the finale seems to suggest that the show is getting back to tackling legal cases and that is what really made the show stand out in the earlier seasons Mike and Harvey working together on cases is what the used to be and I hope that's the goal now.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I enjoyed it. Harvey getting pulled in every direction (between Donna, Mike, and Louis) and kind of freezing up was a good development for his character, especially the whole "Jessica's shadow" thing. Wish they hadn't resolved it so quickly, but what are you going to do?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I enjoyed it. Harvey getting pulled in every direction (between Donna, Mike, and Louis) and kind of freezing up was a good development for his character, especially the whole "Jessica's shadow" thing. Wish they hadn't resolved it so quickly, but what are you going to do?

Yeah, I really liked that aspect. To be fair, they can't really drag that on, then Harvey would just look indecisive.

I think we will see more of Harvey being stuck in between of people. Mike wanting one thing, and say, Donna wanting another.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm not sure if I can continue on watching.

I couldn't stand what the Donna character become last season including that idiotic "The Donna" device. And now she has become a partner? I don't think I can stomach watching the writers giving her more screen time. Sarah Rafferty just cannot act.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm not sure if I can continue on watching.

I couldn't stand what the Donna character become last season including that idiotic "The Donna" device. And now she has become a partner? I don't think I can stomach watching the writers giving her more screen time. Sarah Rafferty just cannot act.

Interesting. Thought just the opposite.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I love that Dule Hill has become a regular for this season, but I admit, I'd love for him to simply revert back to Gus for even a second.

"Hey Harvey, did you hear about Pluto?"

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
This non-stop melodrama is cringe worthy. Feel like throwing in the towel on this show.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I haven't seen the last 2 episodes but since season 5 the show has really taken on a more dramatic feel, I wish it would just go back to the slick approach they had in season 1-2.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Louis is so poorly written it's infuriating.

How is anyone to beleive this character has gone to Harvard Law and is one of the most feared lawyers in New York.

He constantly acts like an immature schoolgirl... It's so cringeworthy.

Jul 10, 2010
huh thought last nights episode was set up nicely for Spector Litt to lose the client that Mikes lawsuit would come against, allowing Mike to then work on the case

but this season is much better than last now that its back to focussing on law suits and such

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Nah, it's obvious that Mike will get caught working on the case he's not supposed to, thus putting his job and the firm in trouble, and getting everyone (especially Dule Hill) pissed at him.

What I don't understand is why Mike felt he had to take the case himself. As soon as the other guy found enough evidence to basically make it a slam dunk case, Mike should have told him to take it to another firm (one Mike trusts) to get the resources to pursue it. Hell, Zane seems like the obvious choice there.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Louis is so poorly written it's infuriating.

How is anyone to beleive this character has gone to Harvard Law and is one of the most feared lawyers in New York.

He constantly acts like an immature schoolgirl... It's so cringeworthy.

When you watch older episodes it's like the writers don't know what to do with Louis. One moment it's a bitter man, next he's an emotional wreck then a loyal friend who will do anything to protect his friends (like brining Mike back to the firm in season 4) and now he's like a teenager in high school. I wish they would pick a personality and stick with it.

His obbession in season 3 over a cat that proceeded to ruin Darby-Pearson separation talks boggles my mind. A Harvard lawyer wouldn't blow a simple task over a cat he didn't even own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad