TV: Suits (Part 2)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I stopped watching about halfway through the season Mike went to prison. I might go back and finish the series some day (if I ever stop getting sucked back into re-watching other shows).

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
wait what? as in season 8? I had noticed season 7 was already uploaded to Netflix but had no clue s8 had already started wtf

Yeah, apparently it's 3 episodes in already. I had no clue until I stumbled across it on iTunes.

I don't want to spring for the $35 season pass on iTunes if it's gonna be shit.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Season 8 hasn't been bad. Not to spoil anything but the show corrected an aspect of Harvey's character that I didnt like in season 7. That said though losing Mike was tough, how the firm dynamics have formed in season 8 would have been the perfect situation for Mike's character to take a bigger role.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Season 8 hasn't been bad. Not to spoil anything but the show corrected an aspect of Harvey's character that I didnt like in season 7. That said though losing Mike was tough, how the firm dynamics have formed in season 8 would have been the perfect situation for Mike's character to take a bigger role.

I'm barely hanging on to this show, but I fast-forward through all the Louis scenes now. They made him such a joke of a character these latest seasons.
The show hasn't been about "law" for a while, but it's even worse this season. It's all drama created from their own out-of-character stupidity.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm barely hanging on to this show, but I fast-forward through all the Louis scenes now. They made him such a joke of a character these latest seasons.
The show hasn't been about "law" for a while, but it's even worse this season. It's all drama created from their own out-of-character stupidity.

I was hopeful with how season 8 started but it has regressed back into the drama focused plotlines we saw after season 5. Honestly at this point the show would be best to wrap things up because it's not the same show as it was in earlier seasons.

I dont know why the writers continue to make Louis a emotional distress character. Theres no way that Louis could have been a tough-no nonsense lawyer as portrayed in season 1 with the way the writers developed him. When he attacks his colleagues its because of petty reasons and he is equally triggered by petty events.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
While I enjoy Harvey, Donna, and Louis.. The rest of them aren't doing it for me.

Time to take this out back and kill it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Its ok, but its time to end and I'm just seeing it through at this point. The show ran out of ideas a few years ago sadly.

Fair enough. I plan on watching it, just to watch it.

Have you checked out the new Pearson show based around Jessica in Chicago at all?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think it's been a solid season but the show has definitely run its course. Watching where the show is today compared to the early seasons and it's like knight and day different.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I had last 4 episodes of last season and 2 of this one on my dvr. Decided to catch up. Meh

Just want it to be over.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Just watched the finale on Netflix. Was okayish, but personally I think the show should have ended after Jessica came in and took the blame in front of the character and fitness committee. Glad Mike was back for the end.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I’m halfway through season 6 and the show isn’t that bad. Like at all. Y’all just full of cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad