Suggested Rule Change taken from NBA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think the Coach's Challenge is what needs expanding, into penalties. You can't call out refs, you can't comment on officiating without getting in trouble, well this is the best way to get that without hurting their pathetic feelings.

Is that off sides or goalie interference not clear? cool, challenge it. Was that tripping call something you notice didn't really happen? Challenge it.

NFL does it.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If you're going to bring in a time clock for anything bring it in for when the player is behind his own net waiting for his teams line change before he finally moves the puck. I found this years playoffs to be super frustrating waiting for the team including mine to make a change. Give them 10 seconds to move it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good suggestion. Icings aren't punished strongly enough as is.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
i don't hate the idea but IMO teams shouldn't be punished for attempting to make a breakout play. I hate when a team tries a long pass only to have the puck bounce over a stick and icing is called. It discourages uptempo offence. I think if you fix that, a bit of the issue goes away.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I don't mind the idea, but it's fixing a problem which doesn't exist. Very rarely is an icing intentional and is usually a result of a missed pass. Secondly it is already punished without being able to change resulting in tired players and/or a bad matchup.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think the Coach's Challenge is what needs expanding, into penalties. You can't call out refs, you can't comment on officiating without getting in trouble, well this is the best way to get that without hurting their pathetic feelings.

Is that off sides or goalie interference not clear? cool, challenge it. Was that tripping call something you notice didn't really happen? Challenge it.

NFL does it.

The NFL does not review penalties.

klassic

Jul 30, 2014
Couldn't find any true league wide results, but everything I have found seems to peg the total number at approximately 9 icings per game. Thus having a rule of no more than 4 per period seems moot as it will rarely be necessary.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Couldn't find any true league wide results, but everything I have found seems to peg the total number at approximately 9 icings per game. Thus having a rule of no more than 4 per period seems moot as it will rarely be necessary.
in the last 2 minutes of a 1 goal lead you tend to see a handfull of icings so you may see it then

Kirikanoir

Dec 16, 2010

Nine a game!!! Dear god how will the NHL ever survive this epidemic of icings. ;)

Like some of us said, trying to fix a problem that does not exist. Much ado about nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad