Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I’m not sure what the point of posting that is if you’re not going to elaborate. Seems to happen a lot on this board.
What was said were some pretty strong words I was hoping my 9 year old grandson wouldn't hear. F-bombs for sure. One players comments were directed at the play of a teammate. Lots of guys yammer at themselves but to explode on a coach is wrong don't you think?

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
At times it appears our three headed monster are playing not to get hurt. They don't battle in the corners. When picking up the puck on side boards under pressure they don't care how they get rid of it it seems they don't want to take the hit to make the right pass or play. Hence you see them tentative and coughing up pucks to the middle of the ice in their own zone. If these guys don't come out to play hard and get involved physically and when I say that I mean leaning on guys, forechecking hard, compete hard, then the series is over.

Another important observation. Play Delic in the middle with Goyette. They have proven time and time again that they will create offence. Those guys have chemistry always have. Were in the Mississauga series as well. Why MacKenzie mixed up those two has got to be worst move all playoffs. It's not rocket science.

WJ
Those three guys should never play together except on the PP
I'd go with
Delic, Goyette, Villeneuve
Musty, Dvorsky, Konyen
Pharand, Yearwood, Coughlan
And whoever's left.,
McCallum, Walton, Giroux, I guess.
And Krawchuk to start. Can't be any worse than what we've seen so far.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
It's not in their DNA.

Perhaps they can try and have a Yearwood on that line. They need someone to get them the puck. As so far, they look incapable of getting it themselves in the O zone.

On the D side, same thing not in their DNA. Not willin to pay sacrifice.

Goyette tries to mix it up but not his game. Musty, never along with dvorsky.

I'm really not sure what can be done to change what we've witnessed. I guess wait till game 3 to access.
Mix your bottom six forwards with your top six, put your Big Boy pants on and play some playoff hockey. Stop circling with stick sweeps in our own end. Protect the house with stops and starts and Layered Defence…shorten the shifts.
If you’re gonna win, win as a team (everyone contributes). More straight line hockey (north/south) less East/West fancy crap. More pucks and bodies to the net, shooting must be first option. We need 40 plus shots. Stay disciplined, and play like you wanna win the conference, not like you are looking forward to leave for another team or go home….they owe it to themselves and the fans.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Mix your bottom six forwards with your top six, put your Big Boy pants on and play some playoff hockey. Stop circling with stick sweeps in our own end. Protect the house with stops and starts and Layered Defence…shorten the shifts.
If you’re gonna win, win as a team (everyone contributes). More straight line hockey (north/south) less East/West fancy crap. More pucks and bodies to the net, shooting must be first option. We need 40 plus shots. Stay disciplined, and play like you wanna win the conference, not like you are looking forward to leave for another team or go home….they owe it to themselves and the fans.
Amen!

WJ

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
....cannot believe the swearing.....towards a coach....Bert Templeton sent problems like this on the bus....said bus companies loved him....leading scorer just before playoffs...what message are younger guys getting from this?

• Haha
Reactions: djscooter

yacky

Jun 28, 2018
....cannot believe the swearing.....towards a coach....Bert Templeton sent problems like this on the bus....said bus companies loved him....leading scorer just before playoffs...what message are younger guys getting from this?
we could hear it from the section behind wolves bench specially #27

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
What about something like this.

Goyette Yearwood Delic

Villy musty Coughlan

Dvorsky Giroux konyen

Walton Pharhand McCallum

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What about something like this.

Goyette Yearwood Delic

Villy musty Coughlan

Dvorsky Giroux konyen

Walton Pharhand McCallum
I think that is a bit too spread out, a potentially very high scoring top six is what could separate the wolves from other teams. Goyette at centre against the battalion would be a grave mistake imo.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I think that is a bit too spread out, a potentially very high scoring top six is what could separate the wolves from other teams. Goyette at centre against the battalion would be a grave mistake imo.
Was trying to get a player on each line who could potentially win puck battles/ for check Guess we'll see tonight

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Was trying to get a player on each line who could potentially win puck battles/ for check Guess we'll see tonight
I saw that, just thought the scoring would be too spread out to work. I would not use a 4th line for more than 5-6 minutes per game with the wolves forward group.
I thought Villeneuve & Pharrand were effective on the PK, so maybe add Giroux to make-up line three?
Musty-Dvorsky-McCallum & Coughlan
Goyette-Delic-Konyen

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I saw that, just thought the scoring would be too spread out to work. I would not use a 4th line for more than 5-6 minutes per game with the wolves forward group.
I thought Villeneuve & Pharrand were effective on the PK, so maybe add Giroux to make-up line three?
Musty-Dvorsky-McCallum & Coughlan
Goyette-Delic-Konyen
Maybe. Thing is they're getting very little scoring and more importantly little chances. Thinking lines need more of a physical element on each line.

Reactions: dirty12

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Having last change helps figure out your lines a bit more. Ken needs to adjust after the first though if things aren't working. Teams needs to not lose the puck in the offensive zone. Not sure how many times I've seen them go in for the forecheck, see a Battalion player coming and just back hand it to no one and try to avoid contact. Put the puck in your feet and let your teammates come help.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Fair, maybe this is why they drafted so many northern kids. Easier to get them here in person haha.
Northern kids have more character and less self entitlement, less self centred. Tougher and will fight thru anything. Just an observation. Not painting everyone with the same brush but name me a Northern player who put himself above the team and disrespects coaches?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Wolves really need Giroux, Walton and Villeneuve to bring more tonight offensively then they have in the rest of the playoffs. Need Dvorsky to show up this series as well. If they can do that, they'll be 2-2 going back to North Bay

Reactions: CTrain10

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Wolves really need Giroux, Walton and Villeneuve to bring more tonight offensively then they have in the rest of the playoffs. Need Dvorsky to show up this series as well. If they can do that, they'll be 2-2 going back to North Bay
Walton or Giroux next? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad