Sudbury Wolves 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
So wolves would get their 1st plus and a additional pick at number 5 overall, plus an additional 2nd, plus players and or additional draft
Picks after trading Hage in a stronger and deeper draft in 2023 buildin for a big run in 2024.
2022 picks would be a much bigger part of a 2024 run then 2023 picks. a 17 year old Villeneuve is going to make a much bigger impact then a 16 year old from the 2023 draft.

Reactions: hockeynorth

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Delic Goyette Konyen
Musty Villeneuve Degrazia (OA)
Boudreau Larmand McCallum
Assadourian Pharand Derbidge

Holmes Kulonummi
Anania Collins
Hoover Mania

Costantini (OA)
Hrabal

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Delic Goyette Konyen
Musty Villeneuve Degrazia (OA)
Boudreau Larmand McCallum
Assadourian Pharand Derbidge

Holmes Kulonummi
Anania Collins
Hoover Mania

Costantini (OA)
Hrabal
Was looking at the other draft picks from last year. Nothing jumps out. But you might see more than one rookie on this team next season. Should be interesting. Not sure Derbridge is a lock.

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
2022 picks would be a much bigger part of a 2024 run then 2023 picks. a 17 year old Villeneuve is going to make a much bigger impact then a 16 year old from the 2023 draft.
Yes, but don't forget the trade part of this equation Players(older) and picks obtained which means trade bait for older key players.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I hope its Villeneuve. We just need that extra physicality up front that can also be a factor on the scoresheet. I just seem him as a Mason MacTavish type player IMO.

WJ

Reactions: cub

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
I think it is pretty overwhelming that the majority of the fans on the board would like the Wolves to pick Villeneuve.Let's hope that Papineau and Head Scout Taylor are in agreement.A team should pick the best talent/player available at #3 in any draft.Don't overthink this Wolves brass it is a pick that will put more fans in the stands.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

As much as I’d like to see the wolves pick for need, D and G (if one is worthy) with first two picks; I believe the pick will be Villenueve, and that the wolves can’t go wrong with the 3rd overall pick.
I just really hope the wolves manage to get one of the top 6-7 D selected, and/or I hope that all of Niagara, Miss, and (Barrie - D as well as a G) don't select a D prior to the wolves.

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

As much as I’d like to see the wolves pick for need, D and G (if one is worthy) with first two picks; I believe the pick will be Villenueve, and that the wolves can’t go wrong with the 3rd overall pick.
I just really hope the wolves manage to get one of the top 6-7 D selected, and/or I hope that all of Niagara, Miss, and (Barrie - D as well as a G) don't select a D prior to the wolves.
In an ideal world, the wolves come out of day one with a F, D, G in that order, but at the end of the day, I just want them to take the best player available.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
I have to say I do enjoy this forum. In terms of the draft it is exciting, and what I enjoy is our speculation of who we will get. My arm chair scouting is based on a couple of videos developed purely for promoting the best moments of these players. I fully expect who we will get will be based on more evidence than that. ;)

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I have to say I do enjoy this forum. In terms of the draft it is exciting, and what I enjoy is our speculation of who we will get. My arm chair scouting is based on a couple of videos developed purely for promoting the best moments of these players. I fully expect who we will get will be based on more evidence than that. ;)
I have full faith in our scouting considering what they have done in the last two drafts. I am very curious what happens with Hage, especially with his USHAL tender.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Totally agree. It seems like everybody has an opinion on who the wolves should take but how many have actually seen these kids play on more than one occasion? Yes I know that it's fun to guess at this time of year but some people seem to be obsessed and will legitimately be pissed if the wolves don't draft the player that they think should be drafted. Most seem to base their opinion on a few videos and scouting reports ( I get it, not much more we have to go on living up North) BUT even the scouting reports have conflicting info. For example OHLProspect states the Malcom Spence is ".... an elite playmaking forward that helps elevate his teammates performance" Yet in the Toronto Star link (which i'm sure scouts were consulted on) Spence is stated as "More of a finisher than a playmaker"

My point is, have fun, speculate, discuss, but don't be pissed and grill the organization if the player that you wanted isn't the one selected. That being said, put me in the column that hopes they draft Nathan Villeneuve :) Like billoink said have faith in our scouts based on their recent success.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
In an ideal world, the wolves come out of day one with a F, D, G in that order, but at the end of the day, I just want them to take the best player available.
BPA for sure. But I believe when it’s reasonably close, ie. choice of Drysdale or Clarke or Nelson or Allen and likely #3 F; and the team has not drafted anything resembling the top 5 D available in three drafts, pick for need so that a team can be built.
And right or wrong, I am concerned about what the rest of the central division gets as it seems the division will be very strong soon, for at least a few seasons.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Totally agree. It seems like everybody has an opinion on who the wolves should take but how many have actually seen these kids play on more than one occasion? Yes I know that it's fun to guess at this time of year but some people seem to be obsessed and will legitimately be pissed if the wolves don't draft the player that they think should be drafted. Most seem to base their opinion on a few videos and scouting reports ( I get it, not much more we have to go on living up North) BUT even the scouting reports have conflicting info. For example OHLProspect states the Malcom Spence is ".... an elite playmaking forward that helps elevate his teammates performance" Yet in the Toronto Star link (which i'm sure scouts were consulted on) Spence is stated as "More of a finisher than a playmaker"

My point is, have fun, speculate, discuss, but don't be pissed and grill the organization if the player that you wanted isn't the one selected. That being said, put me in the column that hopes they draft Nathan Villeneuve :) Like billoink said have faith in our scouts based on their recent success.
We are, at least I am speculating based on an overwhelming consensus of what is the top 4-5 BPA.

Reactions: BostonOz

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Ya the on-line videos only show the good stuff. They never post videos of a players bad moments. Trust your GM has seen both.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Looks like only 2 picks tonight as we traded out second pick in the second round at 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad