Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Tuomaala would be a key addition if we could land him. Every prospect is different, so we don't know yet whether the OHL or AHL would be the better environment for learning the North American game at the current stage in his development. I'm sure the Flyers will get a good idea of where they want him after camp.

He'd probably jump right onto the first line here rather quickly.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Tuomaala would be a key addition if we could land him. Every prospect is different, so we don't know yet whether the OHL or AHL would be the better environment for learning the North American game at the current stage in his development. I'm sure the Flyers will get a good idea of where they want him after camp.

He'd probably jump right onto the first line here rather quickly.

Yes, I think he is little undersized and needs to fill out and get stronger for the AHL so hopefully playing for the Wolves is an option.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Yes, I think he is little undersized and needs to fill out and get stronger for the AHL so hopefully playing for the Wolves is an option.

I think the Wolves have a good case to present to him. We have a large Finnish community, we had Luukkonen develop well here and enjoyed his stay, Luukkonen had an excellent billet home with a Finnish heritage, and then there is the hockey case of breeding a winner.... he is undersized and the game is different, the ice is different, let him adjust to North American as a first line player having success rather than in the AHL which he likely would have far fewer minutes but albeit stiffer competition. Ultimately its his camp's decision but I think Papineau can present an excellent position.

Reactions: cub

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I think the Wolves have a good case to present to him. We have a large Finnish community, we had Luukkonen develop well here and enjoyed his stay, Luukkonen had an excellent billet home with a Finnish heritage, and then there is the hockey case of breeding a winner.... he is undersized and the game is different, the ice is different, let him adjust to North American as a first line player having success rather than in the AHL which he likely would have far fewer minutes but albeit stiffer competition. Ultimately its his camp's decision but I think Papineau can present an excellent position.

The days of players not wanting to be in Sudbury are behind us. Byfield, UPL, Musty all coming here does wonders for their recruitment. Plus they’ve been able to develop players like Murray, Thompson and Phillips in the past few seasons.

I think when he signed to come play in North America as an 18 year old, the possibility of getting sent down to the OHL had to have been accounted for. The jump from U20 Finnish hockey to the AHL will be substantial. I think he ends up in Sudbury.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I don’t think Tuomaala comes but if he does

Tuomaala - Goyette - Stillman

is a pretty solid L1, I also think a guy like Tuomaala coming maybe means we don’t sell like I initially expected us to

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don’t think Tuomaala comes but if he does

Tuomaala - Goyette - Stillman

is a pretty solid L1, I also think a guy like Tuomaala coming maybe means we don’t sell like I initially expected us to

If Flyers (really) want him in NA, I think Tuomaala will play for the wolves, maybe after WJC. I think the wolves attempt to trade Thompson regardless.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Love this news. I imagine those who are medically exempt will be allowed as well, before anyone makes that up as an issue to get mad about. Those who think facebook anti-science is more credible than the word of an overwhelming majority of doctors and immunologists can suck it up and get vaccinated if they want to go to OHL games. Those who inevitably choose to make a big fuss are a loud minority who wont be missed.

Great decision by the OHL here.

Reactions: WolvesFan

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Such an exciting return for the wolves this season.

So many prospects have good opportunities to get drafted ithis spring.

Needless to say wolves games will be closely watched by scouts this season. It will be like walking into a candy store.

Bjg year from C.D. and his staff.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Training camp details, training camp rosters, and some Import signings would be nice
Seems like a slow moving GM this year! As I have said signings seem to be a bit tougher this time around. No surprise free agents, US college decommits, import players committing. Makes you wonder what’s the hold up.

WJ

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
For those who are curious, it will be mandatory for coaches to be wearing masks behind the bench this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad