Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Musty needs to pick his battles. You can't battle everyone. Lucky he didn't get tossed for continuation when he picked up the 10 in the 2nd. Has some growing up to do.

I didnt mind the effort tonight.

Reactions: Wisdom

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Duncanson was outcoached tonight. Wright was playing every second shift even with 2 min left Duncanson kept matching Larmand against him. What a joke lol making it easy on Kingston. Our first line was a threat but didn’t have momentum because they didn’t play enough. Our coach doesn’t play to win. Too bad. He doesn’t believe in his top players.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Stupid penalties lead to losing....
This sums up the game. Wasted a great performance by Weeks. Very solid tonight with great rebound control. Can anyone tell me why more isn’t being made of the fact that the Wolves are the most penalized team in the league!?Again!! It’s not like we’ve got a bunch of brawlers on the team, those days are over.
As far as Kingston, very unimpressed with their team play as a whole. Way to cutesy. A good defensive, physical team like Missy will take them apart. I also give the edge to Hamilton. Wolves sure didn’t seem to like them anyway, kind of different to hear all the chirping. The McFarland shoutout was also interesting considering Smiths’s best move was trading him for Scarbossa

Reactions: justawolfan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I thought the refs calls were questionable at important part of the game in the third.
Yes I agree but the Wolves also do bonehead things that makes it easier to make a call. Look at the stats. Unless
we want to talk conspiracy I think they speak for themselves and I don’t find it acceptable.

Reactions: cub

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Soo boys didn’t show up tonight! Dumb penalty and a dumb give away.

WJ
Boudreau played pretty well though, I wouldn’t say he didn’t show up. I can see him being an impact player. The player seemed to fall pretty easily too.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Team Canada’s soccer team have not qualified for the World cup since 1986. Do you know why they will qualify this time ? John Herdman. He changed the culture of the team completely. He doesn’t coach not to lose, he coaches to win. Same team, same players but different mindset. You can’t always match your lines and be scared especially at home. You need to let the other team have to adjust to you. Believe you can win…

Reactions: justawolfan

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
agree..coaching/GM change in North Bay made world of difference in game play/scouting...finally looking for prospects with skill....not size first....playing to score not "kitty bar the door, defensive play...

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
agree..coaching/GM change in North Bay made world of difference in game play/scouting...finally looking for prospects with skill....not size first....playing to score not "kitty bar the door, defensive play...

Seems to me that outside of Miss, the battalion might be the most defence oriented team in the league. The coach and GM assisted Butler.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Hoping we get Kingston first round, could be interesting.
Well, only if you’re goaltending continues to stand on its head. Otherwise, it would be over pretty fast. You usually don’t win many playoff series getting outshot 50-25 every game.

I definitely prefer the Wolves over the Gens or 67s. Let’s hope we get it.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well, only if you’re goaltending continues to stand on its head. Otherwise, it would be over pretty fast. You usually don’t win many playoff series getting outshot 50-25 every game.

Not all the shots were good scoring chances. Take Kingston any day over any of the others though we would still be underdogs. The shots were also indicative of the power play time.

Last edited:
Reactions: I Loveallsports

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Not all the shots were good scoring chances. Take Kingston any day over any of the others though we would still be underdogs.
You just said they wasted a great performance by your goalie…he has played great in both games and he (along with Merilainen’s horrible game in the first one) has been the only reason these two games were close.

I think Sudbury would have a better chance against Mississauga. I don’t think the Wolves can hold down the Fronts 3 lines enough over the course of a seven game series. I agree that you wouldn’t want to play Hamilton.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You just said they wasted a great performance by your goalie…he has played great in both games and he (along with Merilainen’s horrible game in the first one) has been the only reason these two games were close.

I think Sudbury would have a better chance against Mississauga. I don’t think the Wolves can hold down the Fronts 3 lines enough over the course of a seven game series. I agree that you wouldn’t want to play Hamilton.
Fronts aren't going anywhere (as far as they want to anyway). We'll see but my years of watching hockey tells me so. Don't see them beating either of Hamilton of Missy. Defense wins championships and is not the Fronts strong suit. Not complete enough. Our goalie was very solid yes but he did not have to be outstanding. Wolves did a great job overall defensively, shots aside. My opinion of course but my instincts have been right a lot more than wrong. Could have easily lost that game if the Wolves had clicked on their pp.

Last edited:

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021

3 lines ? Shane played 28-30 minutes last night and still couldn’t do squat. He can’t even win face offs against us. For me he wasn’t even the best 2004 on the ice on both games. I expected to see a stronger player. Small sample I know but still… You wanna play us in the first round ? Be careful what you wish for…

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
3 lines ? Shane played 28-30 minutes last night and still couldn’t do squat. He can’t even win face offs against us. For me he wasn’t even the best 2004 on the ice on both games. I expected to see a stronger player. Small sample I know but still… You wanna play us in the first round ? Be careful what you wish for…

28-30 minutes? I doubt it. They rolled all three lines and sprinkled in the 4th (as they almost always do). Not sure why you are bringing up Wright, the Fronts have 6 forwards that are better than the best Wolves forward, maybe even 7. Shouldn’t the fact that Wright didn’t even get a point against you and you still lost be a reason for concern?

Hardly concerned about the Wolves in the playoffs…not even convinced they will make it.

That said, it is a rebuilding year for the Wolves and I think they look good for the next couple of years.

Last edited:

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Fronts aren't going anywhere (as far as they want to anyway). We'll see but my years of watching hockey tells me so. Don't see them beating either of Hamilton of Missy. Defense wins championships and is not the Fronts strong suit. Not complete enough. Our goalie was very solid yes but he did not have to be outstanding. Wolves did a great job overall defensively, shots aside. My opinion of course but my instincts have been right a lot more than wrong. Could have easily lost that game if the Wolves had clicked on their pp.
I would agree that the Fronts are too strong offensively versus defensively. I was upset they didn’t address it at the deadline. I’m not convinced they will make it through the East either since they didn’t shore up the D and G. I could see them beating Mississauga but don’t see them beating Hamilton.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North

Curious....why are you commenting about this if you'd prefer the Wolves? It seems you have some level of concern by posting over here. Because you know it'll be "over pretty fast" why waste the time when you can sit back and enjoy?

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Curious....why are you commenting about this if you'd prefer the Wolves? It seems you have some level of concern by posting over here. Because you know it'll be "over pretty fast" why waste the time when you can sit back and enjoy?
Fair point. I enjoy discussing it and having a bit of a debate. I took the bait on a Wolves fan saying it would be a close series. Not trying to upset anyone. But, I would say the Wolves (especially Weeks) have given the Fronts fits in these first two games. So kudos for that and best of luck to your rebuilding team. Seems to be going well so far.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I would agree that the Fronts are too strong offensively versus defensively. I was upset they didn’t address it at the deadline. I’m not convinced they will make it through the East either since they didn’t shore up the D and G. I could see them beating Mississauga but don’t see them beating Hamilton.
I agree for sure. They should have addressed some needs.

Reactions: ottsabrefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad