Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
It really is but man it sucks. We’re going to have to find some other interests for awhile at least. Wolves games are basically my nights out. At least the nicer weather will be coming.
We could continue to argue about the trade deadline, about Byfield's status for next year, the lack of goaltending, the quality of OAs, the GM, The Coach, the Coach's kid. Take your pick! Plenty of time to go through them all now!

Reactions: hockieguy

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
We could continue to argue about the trade deadline, about Byfield's status for next year, the lack of goaltending, the quality of OAs, the GM, The Coach, the Coach's kid. Take your pick! Plenty of time to go through them all now!

I agree. There is also the potential for the season being in jeopardy depending on the length of the stoppage. Plenty to banter about!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Might as well keep some fun discussion going. Curious to see who everyone would have in their top 10 favorite wolves of all time. I'll start off.

In no particular order --

Quintin Byfield
Marc Staal
Jason Jaspers
Fedor Fedorov
Marcus Foligno
Michael Sgarbossa
Eric O'Dell
Akim Aliu
Dominik Kahun
Josh Leivo

Hard to leave off some guys like Kuchin, the Pilon's, Silk, McQuaid among others.

Reactions: WaW

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Too bad that the OAs careers may have just ended. At least Carson got the games played accomplishment before the pause.
Ya would love to see more Levin in the playoffs but most of all my Valley boy Chenier was really starting to round into form. Damn that would really be lousy.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Might as well keep some fun discussion going. Curious to see who everyone would have in their top 10 favorite wolves of all time. I'll start off.

In no particular order --

Quintin Byfield
Marc Staal
Jason Jaspers
Fedor Fedorov
Marcus Foligno
Michael Sgarbossa
Eric O'Dell
Akim Aliu
Dominik Kahun
Josh Leivo

Hard to leave off some guys like Kuchin, the Pilon's, Silk, McQuaid among others.

Hmmm...Less popular but my favorite Wolf back in the day was Sean Venedam...Small Frame that never quit on the puck, I also loved watching Marc Stall...That guy Blew someone up every game. Then of course there was Good Ol' Gary Coupal...He was good for at least one good shift every game

Last edited:
Reactions: djscooter

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Hmmm...Less popular but my favorite Wolf back in the day was Sean Venedam...Small Frame that never quite on the puck, I also loved watching Marc Stall...That guy Blew someone up every game. Then of course there was Good Ol' Gary Coupal...He was good for at least one good shift every game
Just kidding on Coup of course...Fought every game but rarely won...

Grey Wolf

Mar 20, 2019
I remember back to Ron Duguay. If he was at his own blueline with the puck and the opposing defenceman was only just getting to the red line he would have blown by him before the offensive blueline. He had wheels

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Norm Milley and probably the biggest hitting defencemen ever to don a Wolves Jersey Alexei Semenov, also had a cannon of a shot from the point.

Reactions: yalbmert25

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Norm Milley and probably the biggest hitting defencemen ever to don a Wolves Jersey Alexei Semenov, also had a cannon of a shot from the point.

thank you! Semenov was a name I was trying to remember.
Mike Foligno - just a great person.

Marcus Foligno
Verbeek, Nick Foligno
Jamie Rivers, Marc Staal, Carlyle
Dahm, Palazeeze (1st game was lots of fun)

Sokolov, Levin, Leivo,

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
This is the most pleasant this forum has been in sometime. Playing so nicely together. Lovin it:pcheer::pcheer::pcheer:

Jeff Brown - had pro written all over him.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
thank you! Semenov was a name I was trying to remember.
Mike Foligno - just a great person.

Marcus Foligno
Verbeek, Nick Foligno
Jamie Rivers, Marc Staal, Carlyle
Dahm, Palazeeze (1st game was lots of fun)

Sokolov, Levin, Leivo,
Completely forgot about Semenov, would definitely be on my list

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
1. Pat Verbeek
2. Jeff Brown
3. Max Middendorf
4. Mike Smith
5. Mario Chitaroni
6. Terry Chitaroni
7. Marc Staal
8. Norm Milley
9. Mike Fisher
10. Glenn Murray

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
1) Paul DiPietro
2) Jamie Rivers
3) Marc Stall
4) Quentin Byfield
5) Norm Milley
6) Taylor Pyatt
7) Nick Foligno
8) Zdneik Nedved
9) Jason Jaspers
10) Mike Fisher

Hard to keep Glenn Murray and Jaime Matthews off the list. This is hard!!

Goalies
1)Mike Smith
2) UPL
3)Patrick Ehlechner
40 Sebastien Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad