TV: Succession (HBO)

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
One of the rarest of shows, where the last season might be the best.

Just an FYI to no one, I thought the season was ending after episode 8 like the other seasons. So when episode 8 ended, I was like "wtf!", what a lame ending to a great show. Then I googled. 2 episodes to go, can't wait to see how this wraps up.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
One of the rarest of shows, where the last season might be the best.

Just an FYI to no one, I thought the season was ending after episode 8 like the other seasons. So when episode 8 ended, I was like "wtf!", what a lame ending to a great show. Then I googled. 2 episodes to go, can't wait to see how this wraps up.
Season 1&2 have 10 episodes, season 3 is the outlier with just 9.

Sep 19, 2008
Having watched midway through Season 2 in between Season 4 episodes it seems awkward to jump between time and see a living Logan freak out about Pierce and chase after Nan's car, then see this

He was a force in everything he did. You can tell that dominant force is gone for most of this season. It's not a bad thing either

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Wow what an episode. Think it had some of the funniest moments in it for me. Also Ewan's speech, and then followed up Kendall's afterwards was exceptional. Think this is my favourite episode of Succession yet.

Having watched midway through Season 2 in between Season 4 episodes it seems awkward to jump between time and see a living Logan freak out about Pierce and chase after Nan's car, then see this

He was a force in everything he did. You can tell that dominant force is gone for most of this season. It's not a bad thing either
I rewatched leading up to season and yeah, I've really missed the presence of Logan the past several episodes.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Ken riding that alpha energy after stepping up and knocking it out of the park. Looking the most boss like in front of everyone. That episode probably secured Culkin's emmy.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's still a really good show but it feels like post Ragner Lothbrook Vikings, when the main character has such a presence it's impossible to fill once that character is gone

It's by design, really.

He's meant to leave a massive shadow and his offspring aren't meant to be seen as obviously qualified replacements.

It is "Succession" after all.

Reactions: John Price

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
A little let down after the last episode was expecting something big but Roman went full trump lol. He still my fav along with Shiv and Cousin Greg.

I have to say I had no idea Shiv was pregnant until I read this thread. I thought it was speculation on part of the board (may have missed something) but then she tells Tom and Im like wow HF knows everything. Excited and sad for the last epsideo.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When things start lining up for the Roy offspring, there's always a curveball.

The power dynamics between Shiv and Tom end up being the lynchpin of the entire show.

Solid finale.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Imagine hitching your wagon to a person like Tom?

Rooted for the Roys but the ending makes sense. They just never could have each others back for real.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Did we know that Kendall's kids were adopted/not biologically his before this episode?

The series' true finale was Connor's Wedding. Season 4 was still the best season, but the further we drifted away from Connor's Wedding the more the show slipped back to its constant tendency to "reset" things to never let any one of siblings get an edge that would last more than one episode.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
So Shiv at the last second screws Kendall…THAT was the ‘surprise ending that is going to blow your minds so much nothing will ever be the same!’?

‘Our father toppled legitimate regimes, let who knows how many people die on cruises and weaponized the press against people he didn’t like but you killed a kid!’

Im glad that best boy Tom won but come on, please…

Best show on tv the last 4-5 years and now it’s gone - pour one out.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Shiv goes from all good to actually nvm the next morning lol?

The whole you can't be ceo you killed a person seemed like such a cheap cop-out.

It was a cheap cop-out, because she was lying.

What happens after the ceasefire and agreement among the siblings and the board meeting? She finds out that Tom is next in line.

She has to choose whether it's better for her (and conceivably her child) to hitch her wagon to Tom than to Kendall. The last scene with her confirms it.

The bit about not being fit for the CEO position was her either lying to him or lying to herself, and it was convenient.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It was a cheap cop-out, because she was lying.

What happens after the ceasefire and agreement among the siblings and the board meeting? She finds out that Tom is next in line.

She has to choose whether it's better for her (and conceivably her child) to hitch her wagon to Tom than to Kendall. The last scene with her confirms it.

The bit about not being fit for the CEO position was her either lying to him or lying to herself, and it was convenient.
Yeah I get that.

Weird that following in her mother's footstep is what she ultimately chooses, but I guess thats the cycle of trauma. Tom could just be easily fired and then shes back to having zero ties to the company. There is nothing guaranteed for her child anymore with the company. She literally always does the opposite of what she says shes going to do, or what she preaches. Biggest flake in the show, probably why her and Tom got together in the first place.

Roman really the only one coming out with a decent ending.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Apparently they had shot a scene of Kendall getting up on the rail, but I think it's more effective if it's implied, that he's strongly thinking about it.

Whenever he was emotionally conflicted, he always went into the water. Only permanently in this case.

With his driver looming behind him like Logan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad