Substitutions/ general help

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Protein heavy diet + IM did it for me.
What's IM ?

Someone suggested cutting out pop cold turkey and it did work for me for a while but then I did the old "Oh I can have 1, or two here and there" and then it go back to being a consistent thing.

I got my gatorade bottles full of water with some mio, or something in them just incase. Got regular water bottles to drink as I go and the ones in the fridge to save as a cold drink if I want one, refill and reuse.

Snacks ?

I know dark chocolate is good, but something about it just doesn't work with me. Even when I have a regular sized bar and I eat 4 pieces I don't feel right, my body hates dark chocolate. Anything else similar, or if I'm going to have so little I can do like half a regular bar to hit the calorie deficit ?

Nuts and berries always seem good. With spring coming and warm weather I'll be eating more berries. Even when I was skinny I f***ing hated the heat.

Popcorn ? Have a bowl/ Sandwich bag full of it ?

Those popcorn, oversized puck things are those any good, or there's some sugar in them and they're not really good, just another "Hey, this is healthy-Unhealthy" type products ?Rice cakes they might be called?

I'm basically looking now harder and trying to implement more into my daily routine as from doing physical labour and treating my body like shit both with what I ate and playing sports and not rehabbing injuries properly I'm looking for a career change to computers/stay-at-home work and being that stationary will definitely cause me to gain weight and I'm trying to get ahead of that. Get a good routine in before that.

If I do manage to go this path, I'm assuming working out is never a bad idea, but I'm going to ask anyways....

Random work outs.

So. basically, if I have a minute, or even talking on the phone, or waiting for something to come in if I pick up some weights and do some basic curls, or hop on my bike/elliptecal for a little 1 minute, or 5 minute run, is that going to mess up anything ? Screw it up for me when I do my scheduled work out routine, or the more you can fit in, even if it's random is good ?

My last idea and it might be ambitious would be as I lose weight "replace" that weight with weight vest/arm bands/leg bands etc. Does that seem like a reasonable thing to do ?4

Stick with the bike/elliptical, or look for a rowing machine ? Those seems fun and always liked working out on them when I was a teen, but I'm guessing the machines all have their benefit depending on what you're looking for for results ?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
You can attempt to curb pop cravings by trying out various fruits as substitution, i.e watermelon.

Eat some organic nuts/nut butters.

Buy ground beef from the store. You get more per pound that way. Bison is more expensive but more healthy.

Get some "better" cheeses at the store, like grass fed cheddar.

You can prepare something like Beans+Beef+Cheese at home.

Don't listen to vegans. Long-term, it's a great way to do self-harm.

Sounds like someone who has no clue about veganism and possibly intimidated by it

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What's IM ?

Someone suggested cutting out pop cold turkey and it did work for me for a while but then I did the old "Oh I can have 1, or two here and there" and then it go back to being a consistent thing.

I got my gatorade bottles full of water with some mio, or something in them just incase. Got regular water bottles to drink as I go and the ones in the fridge to save as a cold drink if I want one, refill and reuse.

Snacks ?

I know dark chocolate is good, but something about it just doesn't work with me. Even when I have a regular sized bar and I eat 4 pieces I don't feel right, my body hates dark chocolate. Anything else similar, or if I'm going to have so little I can do like half a regular bar to hit the calorie deficit ?

Nuts and berries always seem good. With spring coming and warm weather I'll be eating more berries. Even when I was skinny I f***ing hated the heat.

Popcorn ? Have a bowl/ Sandwich bag full of it ?

Those popcorn, oversized puck things are those any good, or there's some sugar in them and they're not really good, just another "Hey, this is healthy-Unhealthy" type products ?Rice cakes they might be called?

I'm basically looking now harder and trying to implement more into my daily routine as from doing physical labour and treating my body like shit both with what I ate and playing sports and not rehabbing injuries properly I'm looking for a career change to computers/stay-at-home work and being that stationary will definitely cause me to gain weight and I'm trying to get ahead of that. Get a good routine in before that.

If I do manage to go this path, I'm assuming working out is never a bad idea, but I'm going to ask anyways....

Random work outs.

So. basically, if I have a minute, or even talking on the phone, or waiting for something to come in if I pick up some weights and do some basic curls, or hop on my bike/elliptecal for a little 1 minute, or 5 minute run, is that going to mess up anything ? Screw it up for me when I do my scheduled work out routine, or the more you can fit in, even if it's random is good ?

My last idea and it might be ambitious would be as I lose weight "replace" that weight with weight vest/arm bands/leg bands etc. Does that seem like a reasonable thing to do ?4

Stick with the bike/elliptical, or look for a rowing machine ? Those seems fun and always liked working out on them when I was a teen, but I'm guessing the machines all have their benefit depending on what you're looking for for results ?
All those cardio machines work, find the one you enjoy the most.

The most important thing about a diet/workout plan is having one that you can be consistent with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad