Subban's play since coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
yeah he makes offensive zone mistakes but that's the thing with offensive young d man it's normal, he had a beauty fake shot pass to pacioretty before he scored on PP that Miller had a big save on... Funny thing is that if he doesn't do end to end rushes people are saying MT has him on a leash but if he does do them and messes up one or two then people are saying he's doing too much.. Subban's type of player that will always be critized lol

IF we ever win the Cup again...Subban will be a part of the top 3 reasons we do so. We should support him and not criticize.

And I miss his end to end rushes...not many dmen can do it like Subban...so electrifying!

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I say enough with the BS already. Put Subban and Markov together and let them play 30 minutes a night.

Let's win this division!

I'd prefer balance...our two best dmen on different pairs (our D is stronger when spread out).

Markov-Subban...only when there is a minute left in any period (if we're trailing by one or tied, imo).

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
He's been very good for missing camp. I know its a unique season but players rarely do well after missing camp.

His timing is a little off, but it will return. My big gripe with him is his continual tendency to take needless penatlies. I understand he is going to make mistakes, but he has the wheels to correct them without taking penalties. Some are cheating penalties, others are just plain dumb, and he can reduce both types of penalties.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
I'd prefer balance...our two best dmen on different pairs (our D is stronger when spread out).

Markov-Subban...only when there is a minute left in any period (if we're trailing by one or tied, imo).

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

I really like those pairing too. You'd think at some point they'd want to try

Markov - Gorges
Emelin - Subban

I think Emelin is still playing on his off side when he's paired with Markov.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Yeah I understand that, and for the most part I do feel the same way. However, you do see good teams with their best in the top 2 playing massive minutes and winning.

It just might be worth a look in while Markov appears to still be in good form.

Markov-Subban - 30 minutes
Gorges-Emelin - 18 minutes
Bouillon-Diaz - 12 minutes

Just a thought

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
I prefer Subban and Markov on different pairing. Both like to pinch and join the rush which is why pairing them with Gorges and Emelin is ideal.

No idea why Subban isn't paired with Gorges.

Completely agree that Diaz should not be getting those PK minutes and honestly they way people talk about his PP abilities is a bit much. Does he even have a PP goal in his career? I'd say at least 5 of his points are simply because of a good Markov play.

PK will always be criticized. He scored a goal last night and people were still talking about him missing the net. He scored a freaking goal now you want him to get 2? Hate on the stars and glorify the secondary players. Its what we do.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think he looks great and it won't surprise me if he wins a Norris at some point in his career. I've seen the analyst picks for the Olympics 2014 and he hasn't been on any of them and for the life of me I can't understand that.

Great blueliner and he's continued to develop his defensive game.

I remember when we drafted him he was supposed to be a one way blueliner but that hasn't been the case. He's been much, much better than I ever thought he'd be. Great guy to build our blueline around.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think he looks great and it won't surprise me if he wins a Norris at some point in his career. I've seen the analyst picks for the Olympics 2014 and he hasn't been on any of them and for the life of me I can't understand that.

Great blueliner and he's continued to develop his defensive game.

I remember when we drafted him he was supposed to be a one way blueliner but that hasn't been the case. He's been much, much better than I ever thought he'd be. Great guy to build our blueline around.

Marc Staal is on them all from sportsnet, which is funny. Subban is a lot better player than him especially on the big ice surface

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
He's been very good for missing camp. I know its a unique season but players rarely do well after missing camp.

His timing is a little off, but it will return. My big gripe with him is his continual tendency to take needless penatlies. I understand he is going to make mistakes, but he has the wheels to correct them without taking penalties. Some are cheating penalties, others are just plain dumb, and he can reduce both types of penalties.

small sample, but so far i can't think of him having been in the box so far, might have missed it. at least he's still drawing a few PP's out there too.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I really like those pairing too. You'd think at some point they'd want to try

Markov - Gorges
Emelin - Subban

I think Emelin is still playing on his off side when he's paired with Markov.

Yup:nod: I also thought of that one (to get everyone playing on their natural sides...and Gorges is the only one who is solid on either side).

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Gorges-Diaz

I also like the fact that Bouillon will be there for Subban (ex: Scott)... we can't have Subban fighting...too important for our team and we have others that can do that...and I'd be so upset if he had a wrist/hand injury due to a fight.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Yeah I understand that, and for the most part I do feel the same way. However, you do see good teams with their best in the top 2 playing massive minutes and winning.

It just might be worth a look in while Markov appears to still be in good form.

Markov-Subban - 30 minutes
Gorges-Emelin - 18 minutes
Bouillon-Diaz - 12 minutes

Just a thought

Staying healthy is so important...and 30minutes for Markov is asking for trouble:amazed:. Still lots of games left...pace it! (you can try that for 1-2 playoff games, but now?). I want to go into the playoffs with our D core healthy!! (D core in order of importance for playoffs: Subban, Gorges, Markov, Bouillon, Emelin, Diaz...want to see Markov elevate his game for the playoffs like he sometimes does during the regular season).

30 minutes a game for Markov scares the **** out of me...because of more injury risk. TRy and protect him if you can;). I want to see Markov in the playoffs (to see what he can do when it counts the most...but just staying healthy would make us/me so happy!).

Bouillon-Diaz:
doubt they go down to 12min/game. They're both getting 20min/game. Good for preserving our D core (Subban, Gorges, Markov). Bouillon-Diaz are doing well...and they're helping our D core (Subban, Gorges, Markov) get less minutes but not that much less. 30min/game or close for Markov is asking for trouble (6 months' injury...and then I'll cry/complain again:cry:...we don't want that!;)).
Just do everything you can to keep Markov healthy (21min.game, max, and all the PP...and watch his 5 on 5...make sure a Lucic or Cooke is not out there...and somehow tell Markov not to be a sitting duck out there in the boards' area or corners or anywhere on ice! he has to watch out the way Subban and Gorges do...this way you know what's coming).

Markov-Subban:
for me...only when there's 1-2min left in any period...when we need a tying goal or tie-breaker goal. Spread the talent so all our pairings are defensive and good, but I'm not against reuniting Markov and Subban for the PP, or when we really need a goal (so a few times per game here and there).

Last edited:

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Bottom line our best defensive dman are Gorges an Subban Therrien should figure it out by himself.

1st paring pk must be Gorges Subban we had a top 3 pk last year even when Gill was gone because of the Plekanec Moen Gorges Subban unit. Simply the best in the league.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Marc Staal is on them all from sportsnet, which is funny. Subban is a lot better player than him especially on the big ice surface

I understand why M.Staal is on all of them, but...Subban should be ahead of M.Staal. My Canadian team definitely includes Subban.
They could all go **** themselves if they don't include Subban. Subban can skate on international ice AND NHL ice. He can play strong defense and strong offense. And...he has lots and lots of heart (and already won a GOLD with Canada). Give him almost any defensive task and he'll do it well.

Subban will always be proving and proving himself, but it won't be long till he's done proving himself (looking forward to the playoffs...Subban is all-heart, all-playoffs...we're so darn lucky to have him and the playoffs makes you realize that even more...just need Markov to stay healthy for once, as well as Gorges, Bouille, Emelin...).

Last edited:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It's ok.

No matter what people think Subban is likely to keep playing on the first PP unit and will keep scoring goals.

Eventually the coaching staff will come around and use him in all situation.

It's inevitable. Bow down to the swag.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Markov has been average since Pk has been back he made so mistakes PK plays with more intensity and he's at the very worst our 2nd best dman in the team.

Diaz Gorges emelin have been playing good but Subban is better than them no question

more facepalm needed
:facepalm:

Pigems*

Yup:nod: I also thought of that one (to get everyone playing on their natural sides...and Gorges is the only one who is solid on either side).

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Subban
Gorges-Diaz

I also like the fact that Bouillon will be there for Subban (ex: Scott)... we can't have Subban fighting...too important for our team and we have others that can do that...and I'd be so upset if he had a wrist/hand injury due to a fight.

Of face lol

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Just something I though I would share with you guys... since everyone knows Markov hates Subban.:sarcasm:

Markov-Souray (Markov, on the left, looks away haha)
souray-s-cp-070226.jpg

Markov-Komisarek (looks disinterested haha)
R.jpg

Markov-Streit (no big smile once again)
fullj_getty-76074367kc002_montreal_.jpg

Markov-Schneider (normal Markov once again haha)
Mathieu+Schneider+Montreal+Canadiens+v+New+FAsK5IcJg9Kl.jpg

but with Subban it's different...

7929155.bin

377506-pk-subban-andrei-markov-avaient.jpg

subban_markov_487_381.jpg

andrei_markov_pk_subban_mtl_031012%281%29.jpg

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Just something I though I would share with you guys... since everyone knows Markov hates Subban.:sarcasm:

souray-s-cp-070226.jpg

R.jpg

7929155.bin

Hahaha, well done Nicko

PricePkPatch*

.... Was I the only one with Witney Houston's "I will always love you" playing in my head when watching this series of picture?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

souray-s-cp-070226.jpg

R.jpg

7929155.bin

Classic stuff:handclap: Haha!!
So obvious Markov realizes that Subban is the best dman he's played with!!;) (Subban>>>>>>Souray>>Schneider>>Streit>>>AHLer Komisarek)

Markov looks so miserable/cold/bored as usual with everyone, except...Subban!! (loving it!).

Markov is the Miloslav Mecir of hockey!!:laugh:
(Mecir was a cerebral tennis player...but always looked bored and depressed out there!! he once said he'd rather fish VS playing tennis! he actually had the same facial expression as Markov...sleepy/bored look!!! he was fun to watch since he beat so many good players while looking sleepy! like a sleep-walker!).

Ebony and ivory...hand in hand!! (Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney song! Markov and Subban...beautiful thing to see:) Peace on earth hsa finally happened!).

And yes I'm just kidding about Markov's miserable facial expression!(sort of!). I know it's only Markov's demeanor or an Eastern European ''thing'' like some say here...like a Lenin or Stalin statue!!, but even in interviews when Markov is serious (99% of the time) it's a little scary/depressing! Markov would never be a good stand-up comedian!
You'd think he hates life!, and then comes along...Subban, and Markov loves life again!!
I do love Markov's smile when he uses it! (so rare!!).

Subban is the absolute opposite...seems to love life so much and shows it!! (I would too if I were Subban), and yes I know that Markov could be super happy too but it would be great to see more smiles from him since it suits him! smiling looks good on anyone! (better than a mean/anti-social look!).

Last edited:

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Seriously the pictures dont represent much... yes Markov is a professional but mostly he has changed his attitude/shyness over his carreer its a known fact markov didnt say a word i the past over the years it as changed quite a lots specifically since he wanted to become a canadian and this year... omg talking strategy in the media? Giving compliments to galchenyuk? What i am saying is... Markov is a true pro and now enjoys a lot more himself in and off the ice... probably would act simililar with any of those players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad