Subban's play since coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
yeah he makes offensive zone mistakes but that's the thing with offensive young d man it's normal, he had a beauty fake shot pass to pacioretty before he scored on PP that Miller had a big save on... Funny thing is that if he doesn't do end to end rushes people are saying MT has him on a leash but if he does do them and messes up one or two then people are saying he's doing too much.. Subban's type of player that will always be critized lol

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
He has been pretty good. Looks a step slower than I remember, but I feel as though that might just be the fact he had a pretty long layoff between games.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Therrien needs to get his head out of his ass and pair him with Gorges already.

Habtchum*

Maybe, just maybe what we saw in Subban prior to this season is the ceiling? Maybe? So maybe, what we see is what we get from now on.

4 points in 4 games... 1ppg... I would take that for the rest of his carreer.

But he can certainly p0lay more than 18 minutes a game. The guy is way better when playing 22-24 minutes. Hopefully, it's gonna happen in the next few games.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
4 points in 4 games... 1ppg... I would take that for the rest of his carreer.

But he can certainly p0lay more than 18 minutes a game. The guy is way better when playing 22-24 minutes. Hopefully, it's gonna happen in the next few games.

Not talking about points, but play. Points he had were not all of his doing. So points, in such a small sample, means nothing to me. It's his play that merits attention. He's been ok, not as flamboyant, but mostly effective.

Habtchum*

Not talking about points, but play. Points he had were not all of his doing. So points, in such a small sample, means nothing to me. It's his play that merits attention. He's been ok, not as flamboyant, but mostly effective.

He has to adapt to a new system - new coaching staff, and he has not had a training camp nor have played competitive hockey since last April. He has to play more disciplined also. So, there is a lot of adjustments to make. Maybe he is missing the limelight.

But I think, he,s gonna get better if Therrien play him on the second pairing, and give him over 20 minutes of ice time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe, just maybe what we saw in Subban prior to this season is the ceiling? Maybe? So maybe, what we see is what we get from now on.

I don't think Subban has even scratched the surface of the defensman he can be...

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Subban has been playing great since his return and he's been good on the offense too.

Don't know what the hell people are talking about, about him reaching his ceiling. He is already a 1st pairing 40 points dman he can only become better.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No kidding, the guy has played 164 nhl games and he has peaked ? lol lol thats insane.

Even if he has, which I don't for one second belive he has, he still makes for a top pairing dman. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Subban = thoroughbred

PricePkPatch*

There's only one problem I have with Subban's play. He doesn't move his feet enough on the powerplay. It's not rare to see him receive a pass, remain completely stationnary, wind for the big slapshot and abandon once he realises that it won't work.

Regardless, he has been able to put up the points on the PP so no real complaints.

The kid is.. what? 23? Under a right system, and under the wing of Markov, he's got all the tools to mature properly. He's showing signs of it already.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
The best all situation dman on this team. Markov is a better pp quarterback, subban >> defensively.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
We should spread Markov and Subban out, put Subban on the 2nd unit so that Markov can run that first unit and help Diaz while Subban can shoot on the 2nd.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I know Therrien wants to protect Subban and give him favorable minutes but he needs to realize and quick that he is our best overall dman out there in front of Markov yes. Subban and Gorges should get 1st pairing pk and they should have been on the ice for the last minute yesterday.

Subban is playing terrific in his own zone just like last year and he makes a lot of plays.

Safe to say since he is back he's the best dman on the team.

I like Markov but at the end of the day he is injury prone and 35 it's him who should be more protected than Subban. You can throw Subban in the arena and let him handle himself he's been doing that since he is in the nhl and he's been doing a pretty good job.

The pairs should be
Subban Gorges 1st pair
Markov Emelin 2nd pair
Bouillon Diaz

100%...totally agree with you.

Coaches should know by now that Markov should be protected (VERY prone to injury, bad luck,etc).
We have got to make sure he stays healthy for playoffs and not just for another 10-20 games as usual...he's due for one of those trademark 1 year injuries, and we all know it. Gotta protect him.

Give more ice-time to Bouillon, Diaz, and for sure...Subban should be out there with Gorges to protect a lead.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I say enough with the BS already. Put Subban and Markov together and let them play 30 minutes a night.

Let's win this division!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I don't think Subban has even scratched the surface of the defensman he can be...

Subban is so young...people here still forget how lucky we are to have him. We'd all have heart attacks without Subban (counting on Markov to be healthy is setting yourself up for major ulcers, heart attacks, bitterness like mine when he's injured for so long...and lots of losses for our Habs since we don't have another top 3 dman to take the slack...Subban can't do everything although he sometimes does).

Subban's goals (no doubt):
<to help our Habs win the Cup
<to win the Norris one day (or be a top 3 candidate as often as possible)
<to win the Playoffs MVP award (or top 3 candidate as often as possible)

Still can't believe we drafted him in the 2nd Rnd.
A draft re-make would place Subban in the top 3 overall.

Still some doubters out there? (scratching my head).
Remember...Subban is one of the most dedicated Hab players during summertime (working out, getting in the best shape possible...Subban is no slacker...he's all work and dedication...).

Go Subban Go!!:yo::handclap::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad