• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Also, regardless of whether or not Subban did anything dangerous or intentional I like that the Rangers - not only won the game but - made Subban’s life pretty miserable after the Reaves injury.
They have very obviously gotten the message. People don’t like to give this any credence, but hockey is still a tough sport and you need to have a willingness to stick up for each other and get nasty if you want to win.

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
They have very obviously gotten the message. People don’t like to give this any credence, but hockey is still a tough sport and you need to have a willingness to stick up for each other and get nasty if you want to win.
Idk but Kreider might have to be the captain of this team. I like that he never looks happy but not in a sad Buch kind of way. All he has to do is be a badass on most nights and not mail in too many shifts lol. He gets paid like a captain it's time he stepped up once and for all. Who knows.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Idk but Kreider might have to be the captain of this team. I like that he never looks happy but not in a sad Buch kind of way. All he has to do is be a badass on most nights and not mail in too many shifts lol. He gets paid like a captain it's time he stepped up once and for all. Who knows.
He’s the guy for me. He occupies an important leadership role anyway. I don’t want Fox to get it because I have Leetch C PTSD.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan and Cmox

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He reminds me of Leetch in every way. The poise, the swagger, the positioning, even the build.

And like I said, Leetch is THE man, and I don't just make that comparison in passing.

I can't believe it happened again. Sometimes I'm still waiting to wake up from the dream with this guy.

Oddly enough I see a mix in his play, a mix of Leetch and a mix of Zubov (he had great anticipation and passing skills), the way he moves the puck. What throws me off on the Leetch comparison is Leetch was a really good skater and Fox is well not on that level.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Good game by a lot of guys overall. Loved the team-wide response to gutless Subban's "accidentally on purpose slewfoot" he's been doing for a decade. The Devils team as a whole plays extremely careless hockey. I mean, how many times in that game did McLeod go knee on knee with NYR players? nearly injured Kakko, and also did it to Blais & Fox later on.

As for the critiquing of the defense, i thought Lundkvist did a lot of good things, especially on the boards. He is very strong for a smaller guy. Miller/Trouba had their best games of the preseason (rounding into form) and i must be missing something with the Tinordi hate, i thought he was fine.

I think we need to remember with these games that, just because were facing the Devils "B" squad, doesnt mean the Rangers are just going to dominate them all game. A lot of those guys are playing for roster spots and trying to make a name for themselves in the league, im not losing sleep over them getting periods of extended zone time against us. Plus it gives Igor some more reps.

All in all, a very fun and encouraging game. Get well soon, Reavo!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oddly enough I see a mix in his play, a mix of Leetch and a mix of Zubov (he had great anticipation and passing skills), the way he moves the puck. What throws me off on the Leetch comparison is Leetch was a really good skater and Fox is well not on that level.
I think Fox gets too much flak for his skating. He's not Cale Makar but he skates better than most of the defensemen in the league.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Flyers fan coming in peace, I was wondering how bad was Reaves injury? And to say from an outside perspective good on the Rangers for making Subbans night miserable after he “accidentally” slew footed Reaves, I’m also looking forward to you guys playing the Caps and that shitbird Wilson getting destroyed every time he’s on the ice, good luck the rest of the way!!!

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

Not even close but nice try. Buch can deke a goalie great, but decking the D while getting knocked off balance, maintaining balance and quickly making another move followed by a power move to the net where punishment was sure to be faced. I loved Buch but that’s definitely not in his ability, style or preference.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Flyers fan coming in peace, I was wondering how bad was Reaves injury? And to say from an outside perspective good on the Rangers for making Subbans night miserable after he “accidentally” slew footed Reaves, I’m also looking forward to you guys playing the Caps and that shitbird Wilson getting destroyed every time he’s on the ice, good luck the rest of the way!!!
Gallant said the night of the injury that the trainers said it wasn't serious. He's considered day to day. Thank goodness!

Reactions: Domino666

nysportsvids

Oct 8, 2021
“Run” | New York Rangers 2021 Season Hype Video

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-8_14-21-41.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-8_14-21-41.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Leetch3

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
He’s the guy for me. He occupies an important leadership role anyway. I don’t want Fox to get it because I have Leetch C PTSD.
I know I’ve said this a number of times but Fox says he’s not the “rah rah” type of guy. Maybe it’s him being humble but it seems like he doesn’t want to be captain ( just yet)

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
On the PP goal I don't think he ever looked at Zibanejad, and the defense fell right into his trap. And yet somehow, he knew exactly where Zib's tape was. He just has the whole ice in his head and that's a gift from upstairs.
Joe said that about Fox on the second pp goal and someone here loled saying Fox clearly telegraphed it. From the broadcast angle it looks like he did, but the replay clearly showed he looked the D off and no looked the pass. Great play

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Subtle reminder that Shestyorkin was "day-to-day" for weeks :laugh:

This whole "day-to-day" thing is meaningless.

In these situations I don’t get the difference between ‘can’t tell, we have to await a MRI’ and ‘don’t seem to be severe’ 5 minutes after it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad