News Article: Subban says penalty call is personal

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Actually, Therrien said that he supports Subban in this incident.

More an indicator of the changing relationship between these 2 ( in light of contract negotiations?) than anything else. It was an obvious penalty , as have several PK plays been recently. PK can ill afford to take on the officials like this especially when he's ,uh , in the wrong.

Subban is great he should just do his thing and leave the other stuff to the coach and maybe the captain.

PricePkPatch*

PK should be the next captain.

I wonder if anybody else picked up an interesting fact yesterday at the Antichambres:

Darche, the only analyst they had who actually PLAYED with Subban. Who has been in the room with him, and spent a reasonable amount of time as his teammate, say that he should be Captain one day.

All other analysts (some of them armchair coaches or GM, others haven't even played against Subban) said that "he's not a right fit".

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder if anybody else picked up an interesting fact yesterday at the Antichambres:

Darche, the only analyst they had who actually PLAYED with Subban. Who has been in the room with him, and spent a reasonable amount of time as his teammate, say that he should be Captain one day.

All other analysts (some of them armchair coaches or GM, others haven't even played against Subban) said that "he's not a right fit".

I think people don't understand when you have a guy who has phenomenal talent like PK, Sid, or Ovechkin, other men naturally look to him as a leader despite any perceived character flaws, we are psychologically programmed to respect our betters. Also PK is pretty extroverted too so he's an outsized presence. If the Habs' locker room is his court, you kind of have to acknowledge this by making him captain, you can't try and force behaviour with someone one, that just leads to divisions and cliques.

I feel like the best way to do this would be for the management to conduct a secret ballot, and unless there is a hard split and factionalism (which indicates serious issues) then go with a clear majority winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad