Subban or Weber

Who is better right now? PK Subban or Shea Weber

• Total voters

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
TBH I’d take Weber this year. He’s been amazing.
I still hate the trade and the long term impact of Weber’s contract though.

How so please...

Edit: :)
Btw Weber contact is bad for the Preds not the Habs..

He gets paid 3M, 1M, 1M I believe in the last 3 years. If he retires, Nashville gets a 24M cap penalty divided by the years left on the deal. ex retires with 3 years, that's a 7M cap pentatly for the Preds.. 14M for 2 years left, and 24M if its with just 1 year left..

Mtl gets no penalty no matter when he retires, so please don't try to come up with the LTIR excuse.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
In some alternate universe, there's nothing but polls about Weber vs Blake, Weber vs Chara, Weber vs Godzilla. Where people talk about how good he was most of his career.

The Craig Janney to Subban's Adam Oates. Heck, even Turgeon got out of the shadow of lalalalalaLafontaine.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Funny how in todays in-depth analytics, they show you a lot of the details, but ppl are trying to avoid the numbers that show Subban isn't used in a clear cut number 1 Dmen role lol

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
It's kinda convenient to make a poll after Weber just had 4 points and +4 in 2 games, and Subban had none in the last 2 games lol... Remove those 2 games, and the numbers are quite different. That's the thing with small sample size, you have to be careful. In fact, with those stats and that sample size, Jeff Petry is much better than Weber and Subban :laugh:

Reactions: stopclickbait

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Funny how in todays in-depth analytics, they show you a lot of the details, but ppl are trying to avoid the numbers that show Subban isn't used in a clear cut number 1 Dmen role lol
Of course he isn’t. Have you seen Nashville’s defense compared to Montreal’s? It is probably the best and deepest group in the league.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
It's kinda convenient to make a poll after Weber just had 4 points and +4 in 2 games, and Subban had none in the last 2 games lol... Remove those 2 games, and the numbers are quite different. That's the thing with small sample size, you have to be careful. In fact, with those stats and that sample size, Jeff Petry is much better than Weber and Subban :laugh:

I dont think anyone looked at what they did in the past 2 games when they put their vote in

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I hated the trade and still hate it but I’ll admit I’ve been very happy with Weber’s play since coming back from his injury.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Sure if you're just looking at raw production... And Webers is pretty damn good...

But factor in how the Habs have gone from among the leagues worst in GAA and SV% to the leagues best- before and after Weber rejoined the club. He's the best defensive player in the game. Eye test... common stats... advanced stats... they all say so.

What advanced stats are those?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Subban is capable of making plays requiring higher skill, but I think Weber plays at a higher level more consistently than Subban.

tldr; Subban's high is higher than Weber's but Weber's low is higher than Subban's.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Blame that on Subban not the thread starter.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
I wanted to make the poll after the Habs had played an equal number of games with and without Weber. I missed by one day.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
I wanted to make the poll after the Habs had played an equal number of games with and without Weber. I missed by one day.

Yeah I was just messing with you, but my point is this is still a pretty small sample size. A couple of great or bad games can change the overall outlook.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah I was just messing with you, but my point is this is still a pretty small sample size. A couple of great or bad games can change the overall outlook.

These guys have been in the league for years though. I don't think people are relying too much on their point totals this year to make a decision.

VGK

Feb 25, 2018
Weber as of right now but not for long. Subban for years to come for sure

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Of course he isn’t. Have you seen Nashville’s defense compared to Montreal’s? It is probably the best and deepest group in the league.

Makes Weber's number look even better considering he faces the other teams top line everynight unlike Subban.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Subban quite easily. Hes been better in every seasons since the trade. Its not even close in my book.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Weber was better when the trade happened, and he's still better. Once his age catches up to him Subban will move ahead but right now it's still Weber.

Reactions: koyvoo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Weber was better when the trade happened, and he's still better. Once his age catches up to him Subban will move ahead but right now it's still Weber.
I feel one season was in Weber’s favour by a narrow margin, one season was Subban quite convincingly (Weber major injury too), and this season it’s bedn Weber by a significant margin.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I love just reading the responses and results of these polls. At this point in time Subban is vastly overrated and Weber is vastly underrated.

Reactions: koyvoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad