Subban - Murray as a pairing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
"Que ce soit positif ou négatif, j’aime toujours parler avec Marc. Je garderai toutefois la nature de cette rencontre privée. Je peux simplement vous dire que je n’ai pas signé mon nouveau contrat. Pas encore."

Translation: Be it positive or negative, I always like talking with Marc. However, I'll keep the nature of this discussion private. All I can say is that I haven't signed a new contract. Not yet.

Why would he say "positive or negative"? The article also quotes him saying he didn't know about the practice starting 30 minutes earlier than expected and walked into an empty locker room.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens/therrien-brasse-la-soupe-23012014

Nice to see that communication is good in the Habs dressing room..

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
Nice to see that communication is good in the Habs dressing room..

considering that PK seems like one of those first on last off the ice type of guys, theres something really wrong when he doesnt know practice has been pushed up 30mins....

void

Jan 5, 2006
I edited my post. Calm down, guys. I'm not a french expert like the rest of you.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
considering that PK seems like one of those first on last off the ice type of guys, theres something really wrong when he doesnt know practice has been pushed up 30mins....

He missed the notification because he was having a private chat with Bergevin. Frankly this seems like a non-story.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Finally. Now can we officially retire this subject as a topic of conversation?

No, because while he's done it often before reaching the NHL, it's pretty clear he's struggling at it at this level.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
No, because while he's done it often before reaching the NHL, it's pretty clear he's struggling at it at this level.

He seemed to be OK with it last year, when everyone on this board was singing his praises. I think we need to admit that he's just not that good of a hockey player, regardless of which side he plays on.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
"Que ce soit positif ou négatif, j’aime toujours parler avec Marc. Je garderai toutefois la nature de cette rencontre privée. Je peux simplement vous dire que je n’ai pas signé mon nouveau contrat. Pas encore."

Translation: Be it positive or negative, I always like talking with Marc. However, I'll keep the nature of this discussion private. All I can say is that I haven't signed a new contract. Not yet.

Why would he say "positive or negative"? The article also quotes him saying he didn't know about the practice starting 30 minutes earlier than expected and walked into an empty locker room.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens/therrien-brasse-la-soupe-23012014

Sounds to me like Bergy wanted a tete a tete with PK about his contract. Can't see it as being a "negative" conversation or I wouldn't believe PK would have made the bolder comment. I'd take it as a sign he'll be signed soon.

On the flip side, maybe he used it as a foreshadow that he's not happy and not under contract past this year. Personally, I don't see PK as that type of player and I'd be surprised if it that was his intended message.

To answer the tittle question, I've been waiting all year to see this combo. Seems like a good combo and I hope they fit well together. Might be a sign of Tinner playing with PK in the future.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
If these two pair together against the Wings, I'm not sure if it's a PK demotion or a Murray promotion. Either way it's pretty ridiculous. Imagine Weber or Doughty or Pietrangelo having Murray on their team and when all 8 D are healthy that one of those coaches would even consider pairing one of them with Murray. Before someone says it's just a practice, we've already seen Bouillon with PK who falls into the same borderline NHL caliber player with the reigning Norris winner.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Sounds to me like Bergy wanted a tete a tete with PK about his contract. Can't see it as being a "negative" conversation or I wouldn't believe PK would have made the bolder comment. I'd take it as a sign he'll be signed soon.

On the flip side, maybe he used it as a foreshadow that he's not happy and not under contract past this year. Personally, I don't see PK as that type of player and I'd be surprised if it that was his intended message.

To answer the tittle question, I've been waiting all year to see this combo. Seems like a good combo and I hope they fit well together. Might be a sign of Tinner playing with PK in the future.
unless his agent is around, i doubt PK is doing any talking about contracts.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
unless his agent is around, i doubt PK is doing any talking about contracts.

Exactly. Strikes me more like feedback to/from a star player on the team without Therrien as a filter in between.

that's exactly what i hope happened..

PK signed his last contract after speaking one on one with Bergevin and buying into what Bergevin had say.

Besides, I wasn't insinuating they were negotiating a deal before practice. Just noting that PK brought up his contract so I doubt he did it out if the blue after having a one on one with Bergevin minutes earlier.

theboss*

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Murray-Diaz

That should be the d pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad