Subban head contact on MacKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
He's a great guy off the ice? Really?

More guys have spoken out against him then there were against Sean Avery. Hockey players generally keep what happens in the room, in the room, and never say anything bad about a teammate. But that hasn't been the case with Subban, who has had teammates from Belleville, to the WJC, to the NHL publicly denounce him. He didn't make it a year in Nashville before his act started to wear thin. He's a jackass on and off the ice
You got any examples of 'his act starting to wear thin' in Nashville?

Didn't think so since you would have brought up any incident that you could have. Keep being full of shit. And I mean that. This isn't the 1st time I see you talking shit about Subban and being completely oblivious doing it.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
yeah i dont understand how people ignore the fact that no matter where he plays, his teammates get sick of him quickly. Subban is a clown who is all about creating an image for himself. He wants to be a celebrity and acts fake for the cameras, its cringeworthy.

the only benefit of this is he knows that donating to charity will help his cause so at least they get his money
Give me one example of teammates turning against Subban on NSH or hell, even MTL.
I'd argue that there was a way bigger rift between Therrien, Bergevin with Subban than ANY of the players.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
You got any examples of 'his act starting to wear thin' in Nashville?

Didn't think so since you would have brought up any incident that you could have. Keep being full of ****. And I mean that. This isn't the 1st time I see you talking **** about Subban and being completely oblivious doing it.

LOL. I guess you seem to forget about the muzzle the team put on him last year in the Finals.

Because you seem to have no problem with all the other times Subban's teammates have spoken out against him. Oh look, proof...

Give me one example of teammates turning against Subban on NSH or hell, even MTL.
I'd argue that there was a way bigger rift between Therrien, Bergevin with Subban than ANY of the players.

Were you asleep when Gallagher said his piece this year? Price and Patchority also had issues with him. Hal Gill wasn't too fond of him either. And from what Colten Teubert said, no one on the WJC team liked him either. But sure, you just keep living in your own little word. If you don't believe it, then it won't be true.

Love how the Subban fan club lives in a different world. The guy is a jagoff, and no amount of deflection from the basement crowd will change that. Deal with it.

Reactions: Umbrella

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
the only benefit of this is he knows that donating to charity will help his cause so at least they get his money

The worst thing is, the guy is trying to get credit for the donation of other people's money.

Subban didn't give $10million to charity. He pledged that he hoped his foundation could raise enough money to donate that amount. So he's hoping people give money to him, so he can then take the credit when he gives some of it to the hospital. I doubt he'll ever come close to getting to $10million, but the PK PR machine has already cashed in, and no one in the media will call him out when he falls short

Eric Lindros donated $5million of his own money to a hospital in Ontario. But no one ever talks about that

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
LOL. I guess you seem to forget about the muzzle the team put on him last year in the Finals.

Because you seem to have no problem with all the other times Subban's teammates have spoken out against him. Oh look, proof...

Were you asleep when Gallagher said his piece this year? Price and Patchority also had issues with him. Hal Gill wasn't too fond of him either. And from what Colten Teubert said, no one on the WJC team liked him either. But sure, you just keep living in your own little word. If you don't believe it, then it won't be true.

Love how the Subban fan club lives in a different world. The guy is a jagoff, and no amount of deflection from the basement crowd will change that. Deal with it.
You successfully proved nothing about Subban's time in NSH. Now continue to shut the f*** up about him, your agenda is clear and I could easily call you a racist over the internet based on your longevity on Subban. You have 0 reason to accuse of him being a bad teammate in NSH but you have mentioned it more than enough without any base for it so it has to be another motive and I'm going to go with the easiest one. Stop posting about him since you clearly have no argument to fall on.

There was no 'muzzle'. Rinne mentioned how the whole team thought he was the one guy who made the atmosphere better after the disappointment of game 6 in his Players Tribune article. Subban is clearly good friends with his current teammates and you're singling him out for no reason.

There isn't an amount of LOL's you can use to make Subban hate the team and the team to hate Subban even though you clearly root for that to happen. I'm not a part of his fanclub since I didn't really follow him all that much before he was traded to NSH, so you can easily rest that case of 'fanboyism' as well. There have been multiple plays I have criticised him to the point that I've gotten called out for it and you can easily find this with the same feature I did to realise that you have an agenda against him.

Reactions: Aspirine and E82

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario

"I think he's fantastic. If you want an opinion, he'll give it to you. He's pretty honest. What's impressed me … is that P.K. will own up to his mistakes and he'll work hard to change. I kind of hate myself because in Montreal, when I was supposed to be his mentor, I'd tell him, 'P.K., just be quiet, you don't have to be crazy.' I think he's a great part of the game. At the time, I was telling him, 'Just fly under the radar and win some games,' but he really is exciting and that's great for the game. I love to see all the stuff he's done with his Blueline Buddies program, the way he's handled himself in situations where he could have made different statements and been a little more outlandish. I feel like he always does the right thing and every time I talk to him about it he talks about his father. He's got a great upbringing and does everything the right way now. When he was a young kid, when I was playing with him, he was exuberant, rambunctious, fun to be around, and let's just say it was a lot of work. But I do appreciate him now more than I ever have."

^Oh ya..Hal Gill hated him

Also Price..come on lol. Ill give you Gallagher although I think that stemmed from frustration more than anything.

But the likes of Markov, Prust, Weise, Galchenyuk, Eller, Beaulieu, etc were all fans of PK. Do you even have proof that Pacioretty didnt like him or are you just tapping into the rumor wheel? Also proof on Teubert?

The internal hate is overblown. People just dont know how to handle personalities.

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
You successfully proved nothing about Subban's time in NSH. Now continue to shut the **** up about him, your agenda is clear and I could easily call you a racist over the internet based on your longevity on Subban. You have 0 reason to accuse of him being a bad teammate in NSH but you have mentioned it more than enough without any base for it so it has to be another motive and I'm going to go with the easiest one. Stop posting about him since you clearly have no argument to fall on.

So you are just going to ignore what happened because you don't like it?

There was no 'muzzle'. Rinne mentioned how the whole team thought he was the one guy who made the atmosphere better after the disappointment of game 6 in his Players Tribune article. Subban is clearly good friends with his current teammates and you're singling him out for no reason.

Ryan Ellis doesn't have Subban's number in his phone, because he doesn't want to be around the guy. James Neal would avoid team dinners / get togethers if he knew Subban was going to be there. He has had teammates at every level speak out against him. But no, no. I'm just making this all up.

There isn't an amount of LOL's you can use to make Subban hate the team and the team to hate Subban even though you clearly root for that to happen. I'm not a part of his fanclub since I didn't really follow him all that much before he was traded to NSH, so you can easily rest that case of 'fanboyism' as well. There have been multiple plays I have criticised him to the point that I've gotten called out for it and you can easily find this with the same feature I did to realise that you have an agenda against him.

It's not my fault your feelings have been hurt. But buring your head in the sand when you don't like what you are hearing isn't a great choice.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
So you are just going to ignore what happened because you don't like it?

Ryan Ellis doesn't have Subban's number in his phone, because he doesn't want to be around the guy. James Neal would avoid team dinners / get togethers if he knew Subban was going to be there. He has had teammates at every level speak out against him. But no, no. I'm just making this all up.

It's not my fault your feelings have been hurt. But buring your head in the sand when you don't like what you are hearing isn't a great choice.
Proof of all of this?

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
^Oh ya..Hal Gill hated him

As his teammate, he did.

Also Price..come on lol. Ill give you Gallagher although I think that stemmed from frustration more than anything.

Of course it was, being around Subban would be frustrating

But the likes of Markov, Prust, Weise, Galchenyuk, Eller, Beaulieu, etc were all fans of PK.

I can't take you seriously when you try to use Brandon "Punching Bag" Prust as your proof. The guy was one of the biggest clowns the league has ever seen.

Do you even have proof that Pacioretty didnt like him or are you just tapping into the rumor wheel? Also proof on Teubert?

You missed the "Mondays" comment then didn't you?

The internal hate is overblown. People just dont know how to handle personalities.

Personalities are fine. Self serving egotistical jackass' are not

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
As his teammate, he did.

Of course it was, being around Subban would be frustrating

I can't take you seriously when you try to use Brandon "Punching Bag" Prust as your proof. The guy was one of the biggest clowns the league has ever seen.

You missed the "Mondays" comment then didn't you?

Personalities are fine. Self serving egotistical jackass' are not
Even if you want to assume Teubert is dumb enough to make a racist comment on twitter instead of referring to the beginning of the week..that doesnt mean the whole WJC team hated him..and if it did thats an even poorer reflection on the members who used that term. Thats a ridiculous conclusion especially since PK was best buds with one of the team leaders.

You are welcome to ignore the people who did like him to fit your narrative.

You have zero proof he didnt like him. PK was an energetic kid and Gill was basically his team father..but you continue to showcase no proof. Surprised.

Once again no proof on Pacioretty btw. I am shocked.

Last edited:

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Even if you want to assume Teubert is dumb enough to make a racist comment on twitter instead of referring to the beginning of the week..that doesnt mean the whole WJC team hated him. Thats a ridiculous conclusion especially since PK was best buds with one of the team leaders.

How was it racist again? Oh yeah, someone doesn't like someone else, who happens to be black, so instead of understanding why they don't like a person, it must be about race.

The entire team called Subban "Monday". It wasn't just one guy. But sure, let's just ignore yet another example of his teammates not liking him.

You are welcome to ignore the people who did like him to fit your narrative.

I'm not ignoring them. I'm sure there are people who do like him. But listing a guy who got himself run out of every team, and eventually the league as proof of what a great guy Subban is, doesn't help your cause.

There has never been another player in the NHL who has had as many people speak out against him as Subban has. But we'll just sweep that aside.

You have zero proof he didnt like him. PK was an energetic kid and Gill was basically his team father..but you continue to showcase no proof. Surprised.

Much was made of an incident in 2011, when Hal Gill, one of Subban's early defence partners, called him an asshole in front of reporters

Once again no proof on Pacioretty btw. I am shocked.

What "proof" do you want? Every time I've provided proof, you sweep it aside to ignore it. Just admit that when I give you proof, you won't acknowledge it

I don't care that Subban is a jackass. I just wish the boys in his fanclub would realize it

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
How was it racist again? Oh yeah, someone doesn't like someone else, who happens to be black, so instead of understanding why they don't like a person, it must be about race.

The entire team called Subban "Monday". It wasn't just one guy. But sure, let's just ignore yet another example of his teammates not liking him.

I'm not ignoring them. I'm sure there are people who do like him. But listing a guy who got himself run out of every team, and eventually the league as proof of what a great guy Subban is, doesn't help your cause.

There has never been another player in the NHL who has had as many people speak out against him as Subban has. But we'll just sweep that aside.

Much was made of an incident in 2011, when Hal Gill, one of Subban's early defence partners, called him an ******* in front of reporters

What "proof" do you want? Every time I've provided proof, you sweep it aside to ignore it. Just admit that when I give you proof, you won't acknowledge it

I don't care that Subban is a jackass. I just wish the boys in his fanclub would realize it

yikes

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario

Not true at all but sure.

Much was made of an incident in 2011, when Hal Gill, one of Subban's early defence partners, called him an ******* in front of reporters
Oh yes the "incident" where equipment was spread out everywhere that later came out to be a prank on the reporters if I remember correctly.

Sure I would if you actually provided legitimate proof that people hated him. Instead you provide rumors and stand along incidents where someone calls someone an asshole. Do you know how many times I've called some of my best friends assholes? Everyone does. Even if it's not always a joke.

As for Pacioretty..the reason you can't provide proof is it was always just a rumour that both he and PK and others denied and nothing more.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
JFC. Predictably this thread has devolved into calling anyone who criticizes Subban a racist...

Real original.

There are dozens of dirty players in the league and they all get called out for it head and elsewhere for it. Subban happens to be one of them and he happens to be black. So what? This idea that Subban only gets a bad rap because of the color of his skin is laughable.

Come up with a new schtick people.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
JFC. Predictably this thread has devolved into calling anyone who criticizes Subban a racist...

Real original.

There are dozens of dirty players in the league and they all get called out for it head and elsewhere for it. Subban happens to be one of them and he happens to be black. So what? This idea that Subban only gets a bad rap because of the color of his skin is laughable.

Who said that?

The other poster who said he could call him one is strictly due to the fact that this particular poster makes 90% of his posts about how much he hates PK and often provides no legitimate reasons.

If someone was like hes annoying to play against..slewfoots..the shot to Mackinnon..that would be different.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland

Real original.

Maybe my wording isn't perfect, but I'm really close to calling Lowry a racist since he has been on Subban's ass for a long time.
And Lowry was calling him essentially a locker room cancer, good for nothing, his donation isn't worth anything etc, contributing NOTHING to the thread title and singling him out when it's not relevant. He did the exact same thing in the Wayne Simmonds thread.. A Philly Players Tribune article thread.

I'm pretty sure at this point that this is a troll account of someone else on the boards who thinks it's funny to spout bs while thinking to himself that he's making people angry, getting feelings hurt etc
I certainly didn't get my feelings hurt since I'm a guy who just tells shit like it is or stays quiet. Don't know how people get how people feel out of posts that convey no emotion whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut and RickP

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

Not sure I would invite someone I have issues with to my wedding...

a0f4e2e496e3d5bf7fa36602b05267d6.jpg

DEJrns0XgAAqPPJ.jpg

inline_12691_5737ccc4ce47e.jpg

Reactions: Peanut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad