Subban Contract Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
A team could offer Subban a 1 year deal at 6.69 million. Habs are sure to match but Subban will be UFA. Or if they don't match, compensation is only 1 first round pick.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
why would Subban accept that..

Pretty much. Teams can tender whatever they want: Subban has to sign it. Why would he sign something that is likely lower than an offer he would reject from Bergevin? Makes no sense.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I think he isn't signed because Bergevin is trying to get him for less than 8 mil. Signing him for 8 mill and Eller for 3 mil means there's only 4.1 mil in cap space left and apparently we're still in on Vrbata.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I think he isn't signed because Bergevin is trying to get him for less than 8 mil. Signing him for 8 mill and Eller for 3 mil means there's only 4.1 mil in cap space left and apparently we're still in on Vrbata.

I don't know if that's very realistic. I think that Budaj is a more likely player to be gone. Moen as well.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
The fact that Subban hasn't signed yet tells me Subban will make the Habs pay. Subban has shown he's not afraid to hold out which means his team is being real tough on us. Face it Bergevin, you gambled on that bridge deal and now you have to pay.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
The fact that Subban hasn't signed yet tells me Subban will make the Habs pay. Subban has shown he's not afraid to hold out which means his team is being real tough on us. Face it Bergevin, you gambled on that bridge deal and now you have to pay.

Haven't you heard?

Montreal has total control :sarcasm:

EDIT: I for one am looking forward to the 10 year, 1 million dollar AAV contract that's sure to be announced any second now...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
A team could offer Subban a 1 year deal at 6.69 million. Habs are sure to match but Subban will be UFA. Or if they don't match, compensation is only 1 first round pick.

Unless Subban became so frustrated over negotiations with the Habs, he has no reason to sign that. I could see him signing a short term deal at a huge price point though.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

The fact that PK has not filed for arbitration is a sign that a deal is close if not done.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
The fact that PK has not filed for arbitration is a sign that a deal is close if not done.

Nice assumption on your part.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeagents/a/arbitration.htm

The deadline for players to request salary arbitration is July 5, with cases heard in late July and early August. A player and team can continue to negotiate up until the date of the hearing, in hopes of agreeing on a contract and avoiding the arbitration process.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nice assumption on your part.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeagents/a/arbitration.htm

The deadline for players to request salary arbitration is July 5, with cases heard in late July and early August. A player and team can continue to negotiate up until the date of the hearing, in hopes of agreeing on a contract and avoiding the arbitration process.
Always the possibility that he forgoes arbitration altogether as well. He may just try to get a deal done on his own. Or he may wait and see if he gets competing offers and tries that route.

I just hope we get this done soon and move on. I don't like this hanging over us the way it is. And arbitration is an ugly process. I really hope that we can avoid that whole mess because that can really ruin a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad