Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
He tweeted .MTL because he's in MTL for the Habs hockey school lol

BtZhpF8CMAAuhxd.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
PK and agent D.Meehan are meeting with Bergevin today to finalize his contract. Could be announced tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

7 years - 7.5 million a year- NTC

Has been offered a letter on his jersey.

I wish I could fall for this but obvious fake Intel.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
PK and agent D.Meehan are meeting with Bergevin today to finalize his contract. Could be announced tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Would be amazing, source?

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014

:help:

Is this a game where we say we have a source and pick a random number and term?

Let me try. 8.75 * 8. partial NTC. PK has list of 10 team he will accept trade too.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
8.8 per for 8 years.. Full ntc. Assistant captaincy and coach.. Gets to wear the money suit to all games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
My fellow insiders on Twitter tells me that Subban will sign, or not, from a short to a long term contract and while he's not happy about it, he's glad to have signed it. Or not.

He didn't ask for a NMC or NTC but asked for a TLF clause. The Triple-Low Five clause. Yet, since he might have from 7 to 10 M$, he reserves himself to change the name of that signature to Triple-Low Eight or Triple-Low Nine or Triple-Low Ten.....depending of what he receives.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
He didn't ask for a NMC or NTC but asked for a TLF clause. The Triple-Low Five clause. Yet, since he might have from 7 to 10 M$, he reserves himself to change the name of that signature to Triple-Low Eight or Triple-Low Nine or Triple-Low Ten.....depending of what he receives.

I can confirm that I may, or may not have, heard the same thing.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Forgot to add the :sarcasm: . Just wanted to post it before someone else claiming they saw PK picking up his suit at the same dry cleaners that Bergevin goes to. And it turns out that the cleaners owner has inside information in exchange for a major discount on all services provided to Bergy and his vast array of designer suits. :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have this on poor authority but apparently subban is a black hockey player..

Gagnon will confirm on TSN-Habs

InTheWrist

May 24, 2011
70 million over 8 years with a NTC.

Year 1: 7.5M
Year 2: 7.5M
Year 3: 8.5M
Year 4: 8.5M
Year 5: 9M
Year 6: 9M
Year 7: 10M
Year 8: 10M

Average cap hit: 8.75M

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
My sources tell me Bergevin desperately wants to add a better person clause to the deal. Subban wants a little extra for that, which is what is apparently holding both parties up.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
The best part of this situation is the fans of opposing teams salivating at the thought PK may end up somewhere else than in Montreal for years to come, and then inevitably going back to badmouthing him when he does sign.

And as long as he signs for 8 years and less than 9M per, Bergie wins this negotiation from a long term team building point of view.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
To an outside observer, that seems like an awful high bar.

As an insider he is worth every penny. I want him locked up for 8 years and don't care if he makes a bit more due to the cap going up. Also Montreal HAS to pay more than other teams due to taxes/weather/media, just a fact of life.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

To quote a former Habs' staff member..

"T'es qui toé?! Qu'est-ce que tu fais dans vie?!"

Or something along those lines.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
The best part of this situation is the fans of opposing teams salivating at the thought PK may end up somewhere else than in Montreal for years to come, and then inevitably going back to badmouthing him when he does sign.

Isn't that the responsibility of a rival fanbase?:amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad