Subban Contract Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Last Subban contract went to Part XV

We can totally beat that. I have nothing to do today I could easily post 100 times in this thread:laugh:

In any case, back to Subban, I'm wondering what the mood is during the negotiations. Do they all feel it's headed in the right direction or are people starting to get annoyed?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
PK wants to be here and Habs want him here. I know his agent wants to set the new bar for defensemen with PK which is why this is probably taking so long. I think it comes down to the wire and they avoid arbitration. No one wants to go down that road.

I think it gets done next week. If not by Monday, then by Thursday, max.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
In any case, back to Subban, I'm wondering what the mood is during the negotiations. Do they all feel it's headed in the right direction or are people starting to get annoyed?

I have a real estate deal that is dragging out and I'm totally annoyed. :rant:

I don't believe players when they say they are just letting their agent handle it and it doesn't bother them. There is no way they are just enjoying their summer and working out without thinking about it. No way.

Having said that, once things get resolved there is probably a feeling of relief and I doubt there is much bitterness since it's a business and everyone is trying to get the best deal possible.

This thread is probably more annoying than the actual negotiation.

pricecarey

Nov 28, 2007
8*8 would be what I want, but I have a feeling it's gonna be more around 6 or 7 years at 8.5-9.

Both would obviously make him the third highest paid defenseman in the league, and top 10 in overall nhl cap hits (highest d cap hit)

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I think PK wants 9m x 8 years. Probably going to be close to that. I just wish my crystal ball wasn't fogged up this month. :cry:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Maybe he has a new website and it ends with .MTL??

Oh my, maybe the website is a blog about the contract negotiations!!

bigtimehockeyfan999*

OMG. Subban just tweeted ".MTL" What does that mean?!

fark_zyCKvuofIvs2OzzXjxuXH2v7hDc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

habitue*

8 X 8 million would be about right.

10 million per is darn crazy.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
8 X 8 million would be about right.

10 million per is darn crazy.

I think he gets a couple of years at 10 if it's a long term deal. But his cap should between 8 and 9.5.

PK is in a funny situation. 2 years left on RFA. He took a bridge deal, leaving money on the table which he won't want to do that again. He has a norris. He also has some flaws to his game, but still full of upside.

The PK situation kind of reminds me of the Dion situation with the flames. He has shown flashes of greatness but still has holes. You just don't know if you are going to get an elite player or a good player with flash, and I think that is where the problem lies. I can see Bergevin want to go to arbitration just so he doesn't have to commit long term yet.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Something tells me he just landed in Montreal....just like Hossa gloves...

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
PK and agent D.Meehan are meeting with Bergevin today to finalize his contract. Could be announced tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

7 years - 7.5 million a year- NTC

Has been offered a letter on his jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad