Injury Report: Stuart out until Feb

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
These are usually 5 on 5.

The shot-rate-against without Stu on the ice looks a bit better than with him on the ice, but that's when guys like Enstrom and Bogo are some of the players on the ice when Stu isn't...

No. 5v5 ES only.

There is a link that has full breakdown under the images.

I even broke down the numbers.

thanks guys, boy I just love that Enstrom chart, heal Toby heal

Derfel*

You know what? I've thought about this more today - I think we're okay, even with Stuart out. We just need to keep it close the next few games, maybe get a couple of OT losses and stay in the hunt, and then we can steam ahead in late January and get back into the wildcard spot. We'll make it, guys. Breathe easy!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Found this on the NHL site;

an agreement between the NHL and CHL that states if a team is on its third emergency situation, the club can recall a player from major junior.

Can't find anymore explaining what this really means.

That means you need to recall a player otherwise your lineup would be less than 12 forwards or 6 d. Since we always carry 7 d we have yet to make a single callup that qualifies for the agreement. A callup from the CHL is only allowed for the 3rd such recall.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
StuFor.0.png

StuAgainst.0.png

Source: all of the Jets D shot charts

Sorry if this has been explained before but what does this chart mean?

You know what? I've thought about this more today - I think we're okay, even with Stuart out. We just need to keep it close the next few games, maybe get a couple of OT losses and stay in the hunt, and then we can steam ahead in late January and get back into the wildcard spot. We'll make it, guys. Breathe easy!

Love the positivity Derfel. Keep it up.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

Love it Derfel, you and Maurice should hold a press conference together to uplift all Jets fans' spirits.

Just think of what pulling out of this would mean to the team :handclap:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Uhhhh, no. Like it or not Stu is our #4D. So he is a middling 2nd pair D. He isn't ALL that we just lost. We are now without all 4 of our top 4 with Buff having replaced 1 of them.

If you don't like the tank talk that's fine but that is no reason to try to minimize our loses.

Stuart is an average to below average third pairing defenseman who gets top four minutes. I'm really not sure what else to tell you if you believe he's better than that, other than I disagree and don't really have anything else to say.

Yes, he was being played as a #4D. So what. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Postma or even perhaps Clitsome are interchangeable with Stuart.

Of course it sucks to lose another defenseman, but this is somehow the straw that breaks the camel's back? They've been 6-1-3 since Enstrom's injury, but we're cuing up the tank talk because Mark Stuart was lost? Give me a freaking break.

so now Stu is middling.

Yep...?

I've never said anything different, he's an average #5/6 dman. Always has been, always will be. I'd be just fine with him on the bottom pairing, but he gets used in a role that's above his skill level.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Stuart is an average to below average third pairing defenseman who gets top four minutes. I'm really not sure what else to tell you if you believe he's better than that, other than I disagree and don't really have anything else to say.

Yes, he was being played as a #4D. So what. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Postma or even perhaps Clitsome are interchangeable with Stuart.

Of course it sucks to lose another defenseman, but this is somehow the straw that breaks the camel's back? They've been 6-1-3 since Enstrom's injury, but we're cuing up the tank talk because Mark Stuart was lost? Give me a freaking break.

While this really sucks, I agree with Hank. Stuart wasn't the glue on the back end. Postma and Buff's solid play have helped.

Clitsome is capable of playing better than Stuart.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
This idea that every Jet has to take all comers has to end. The Scheifele fight a few games back was a WTF moment. Why is Bambi dropping the gloves?

Stuart taking on Deslauriers - I mean why? Nothing to gain at that juncture of the game. And honestly, as far as the Deslauriers hit on Scheifele, it wasn't that bad. He never even fell down, and lets face it Scheif trips over the blue line twice a game.

I mean I appreciate the fight that Stu has in him, but we need to be smart too.

I have been wondering about this for a while. What kind of toll with all this physicality have on the Jets as the year rolls on. I was watching a game on TV last week, can't even remember which one - Panthers vs someone. And I was noticing how the guys were 'finishing' their checks enough to get the 'hit' registered, but they weren't really hitting hard. You know, turning a bit when they make the hit and holding up when approaching the man. Both teams were doing it. And I was thinking that they are probably preserving their health for the stretch run. I couldn't help but contrast it with the Jets games. The Jets are a hard hitting team, which usually causes the other team to respond with equal physicality. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Jets hockey. But I couldn't help but think, can we keep this up all year?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
This idea that every Jet has to take all comers has to end. The Scheifele fight a few games back was a WTF moment. Why is Bambi dropping the gloves?

Stuart taking on Deslauriers - I mean why? Nothing to gain at that juncture of the game. And honestly, as far as the Deslauriers hit on Scheifele, it wasn't that bad. He never even fell down, and lets face it Scheif trips over the blue line twice a game.

I mean I appreciate the fight that Stu has in him, but we need to be smart too.

I have been wondering about this for a while. What kind of toll with all this physicality have on the Jets as the year rolls on. I was watching a game on TV last week, can't even remember which one - Panthers vs someone. And I was noticing how the guys were 'finishing' their checks enough to get the 'hit' registered, but they weren't really hitting hard. You know, turning a bit when they make the hit and holding up when approaching the man. Both teams were doing it. And I was thinking that they are probably preserving their health for the stretch run. I couldn't help but contrast it with the Jets games. The Jets are a hard hitting team, which usually causes the other team to respond with equal physicality. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Jets hockey. But I couldn't help but think, can we keep this up all year?

Bambi hasn't dropped em before that. Unfortunately if you're gunna play in the NHL you're gunna have to do that once.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Yep...?

I've never said anything different, he's an average #5/6 dman. Always has been, always will be. I'd be just fine with him on the bottom pairing, but he gets used in a role that's above his skill level.

This is a great post, except the Clitsome part.

Harrison does make this injury almost insignificant from a pure talent perspective.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
This is a great post, except the Clitsome part.

Harrison does make this injury almost insignificant from a pure talent perspective.

Honestly, I think Clitsome and Stuart just bring slightly different things to the table. Stuart plays a safer game and doesn't have the same meltdowns as Clitsome, but he's not nearly as good with the puck.

IMO, they're fairly close in ability.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Honestly, I think Clitsome and Stuart just bring slightly different things to the table. Stuart plays a safer game and doesn't have the same meltdowns as Clitsome, but he's not nearly as good with the puck.

IMO, they're fairly close in ability.

That makes more sense, I think Postma is playing above both of them right now and hasn't reached his ceiling, damn overloaded right side!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad