Injury Report: Stuart out until Feb

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Morrissey is their best option. It seems ridiculous that an NHL team can't bring up a signed CHL player on an emergency basis after losing 4 regulars on defense. If that's not an "emergency", I don't know what is.

Found this on the NHL site;

an agreement between the NHL and CHL that states if a team is on its third emergency situation, the club can recall a player from major junior.

Can't find anymore explaining what this really means.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
But he's not in juniors, he's at the world juniors. I'd imagine it's a 1 way ticket there.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Whatever happens, this isn't a tank. Not sure how in anyway this could be lumped in with that phrase.
Losing =/= tanking.
We're doing everything we can to win. Just hit some bad luck. If we play .400-.500 hockey for the next month we should have a shot a playoff run.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Also, I am more on Tony P's jock than anyone... But I think he's be a mess on D. His D zone coverage as is is easily the weakest part of his game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The 'tank' is not on. I have faith the new systems will allow us to muddle through this until we start getting our D back.

That's pretty optimistic. If the system is that good Chevy could save a lot of Mark's money by trading all those expensive good players as soon as they get back healthy. Who needs good players if all you need is a good system?

Seriously, the lesser players dig deep and relying on a good system we could weather losing 1 of our top 4 or even 2 but we are up to 4 now. Compensate for 1 with Buff and we are still down 3 and that leaves us 1 light in the top 9. That's asking a bit much. We might get Toby back in 8-10 games, another 10-12 or more for the rest.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
StuFor.0.png

StuAgainst.0.png

Source: all of the Jets D shot charts

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Well, if they're going to go down they're going to go down fighting (actually scratch that, no more fighting)

Well, if they're going to go down they're going to go down giving it their all, that's better than just being a crap hockey team.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Whatever happens, this isn't a tank. Not sure how in anyway this could be lumped in with that phrase.
Losing =/= tanking.
We're doing everything we can to win. Just hit some bad luck. If we play .400-.500 hockey for the next month we should have a shot a playoff run.

Are you talking real 400-500 or fake 400-500? 400 would have us 9 points below 6-in-5 after 20 games and only 30 games left to make it up. Pretty tough. We'd have to get 45 points in those 30 games. That would be a record of 20-5-5 over that span.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Is PK time included in this?

These are usually 5 on 5.

The shot-rate-against without Stu on the ice looks a bit better than with him on the ice, but that's when guys like Enstrom and Bogo are some of the players on the ice when Stu isn't...

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
"We just lost our middling third pairing defenseman, might as well start tanking"

-No one, ever

Uhhhh, no. Like it or not Stu is our #4D. So he is a middling 2nd pair D. He isn't ALL that we just lost. We are now without all 4 of our top 4 with Buff having replaced 1 of them.

If you don't like the tank talk that's fine but that is no reason to try to minimize our loses.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
You know, I'm not one to suggest making a trade for the sake of making a trade.

But if EVER there was a time to take the "day off" out of Cheveldayoff, THIS WOULD BE IT.

To quote Stanley Spadowski from UHF, "This is it! This **IS** the last minute!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->