Stu Grimson taking over TV Color analyst role from Terry Crisp

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Knew it was coming, not looking forward to it. I don't really care for Stu.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think it's overdue.

I know a few of us chat sometimes during the games about all the mistakes Crisp makes during the broadcast, like one game where he was complaining about us being trapped in our zone, said it was like we were on the penalty kill, when in fact we were on a penalty kill.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I think it's overdue.

I know a few of us chat sometimes during the games about all the mistakes Crisp makes during the broadcast, like one game where he was complaining about us being trapped in our zone, said it was like we were on the penalty kill, when in fact we were on a penalty kill.

I'm not upset he's being replaced, I'm just mad at who the replacement is. I almost have to put the tv on mute when Stu is on.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That day in Minnesota kinda sent this organization off kilter

??

It was Pete Weber that had the heart attack in Minnesota

Im not surprised... the travel schedule is hard enough on young, amazingly healthy athletes... Crispy hasnt looked like he felt good for a few years

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
I'm not upset he's being replaced, I'm just mad at who the replacement is. I almost have to put the tv on mute when Stu is on.

I have to agree. And this is really nothing against Grimson, it's just that he skates quicker than he can get to a point.....

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Not a Grimson fan at all. Thought he did a horrid job when he was on camera last year. Don't like anything about his on air voice or job doing that.

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
I enjoy Stu's observations and comments. I find the broadcast with Terry can become excessively silly.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Finally! Some younger eyes for the broadcasts! Stu is good at this, I'm excited. Crispy was old and dumb

Crispy is far from dumb but his routine was stale after 16 years. he was great for a brand new hockey market with a whole lot of novice fans, but there comes a time when you need more than "head on a swivel"

Keeping him for intermission pieces is good. His pre-rehearsed sets are informative... but he doesnt do nearly as well on the fly anymore.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Crisp was excellent for a long time, but it was evident that he was misidentifying things on the ice for the past few years. Pete was too much a gentleman to correct him. Terry is at an age where it makes sense for him to relax his obligations and enjoy life. I personally feel Stu is an excellent replacement and appreciate his insight.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Wow not the reaction I expected. A lot of posters here have said they mute the TV during games and prefer the reaper on the radio instead. I think it's a good move; Stu has more salient commentary and is frankly just more attentive to the game.

Terry was perfect for a fledgling hockey franchise in a market where many people had never even watched a game. His pee-wee hockey euphemisms and friendly banter were a good fit for our original viewing demographic. The fans have grown and I think it's time for the color commentary to take a step up as well.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Wow not the reaction I expected. A lot of posters here have said they mute the TV during games and prefer the reaper on the radio instead. I think it's a good move; Stu has more salient commentary and is frankly just more attentive to the game.

Terry was perfect for a fledgling hockey franchise in a market where many people had never even watched a game. His pee-wee hockey euphemisms and friendly banter were a good fit for our original viewing demographic. The fans have grown and I think it's time for the color commentary to take a step up as well.

I don't think that anyone has said they are upset that Terry is out. It is just that not many people like Stu as an announcer . Personally I don't think they could have found a worse announcer to replace Terry. Heck, Mark Howard would have been a better replacement. Stu just takes so long to get his point across.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Stu is actually a better color commentator than a radio commentator. I think this will be a better thing for him.

Now, what are they going to do about the radio broadcast?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Stu is actually a better color commentator than a radio commentator. I think this will be a better thing for him.

Now, what are they going to do about the radio broadcast?

Stu wasn't on the radio much last season. Stu spent much of the season as a roaming reporter for FSTN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad