Strombo interviews Karlsson

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
There's just something about Strombo that bothers me, I don't know what it is exactly though... He just seems insincere maybe? In how he tries to look engaged in the conversation

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
There's just something about Strombo that bothers me, I don't know what it is exactly though... He just seems insincere maybe? In how he tries to look engaged in the conversation

He's not Ron Maclean, that's probably it.

Karlsson2Turris*

Imo he did a good job in that interview, not amazing, but stil good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

he's got a bit of creepy ass kissing soft talker wannabe hipster.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I feel like time has to go by before we can embrace the changes. I think sportsnet will have some work to do, but some of the criticism is directed at things that will improve over time. I like some of the round table interviews strombo is doing. One thing he is good at is interviewing.

member 137785

nailed it

He's not a wannabe hipster, he is one, and at 42 years of age, that's sad.

He does great interviews with musicians and actors, so maybe he can adapt for hockey. Right now I agree he seems out of his comfort zone.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He's not a wannabe hipster, he is one, and at 42 years of age, that's sad.

He does great interviews with musicians and actors, so maybe he can adapt for hockey. Right now I agree he seems out of his comfort zone.

Oh I agree.... It just made me laugh...

The soft spoken bit doesn't really mesh with hockey player interviews...

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Seems really forced and fake of an interview job by Strombo. He had a great couple chances to make it a real interview and ask Karlsson to further explain some of his points but he just stuck to a script and got his 5 questions or whatever answered.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Everything about him is phoney. Can't stand to watch him.

I think phoney is the right word. It's weird because i've seen him do some fantastic interviews yet something about him just bugs me.

Plus he wears skinny jeans. Can't respect any man that wears skinny jeans.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Strombo is good, but its horrible because they pair him up with Kypreos and Cox etc... I also feel bad for him because he got completely shafted by CNN on his "supposed" big break.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
he isn't that bad.....let him get comfortable in the role he seemed much better this week then last

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Strombos actually good at what he does. Very good. His interviews end up like conversations between friends and he makes his interviewees think.

Better off focusing criticism on the second rate TV guys that managed to not get replaced.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Strombos actually good at what he does. Very good. His interviews end up like conversations between friends and he makes his interviewees think.

Better off focusing criticism on the second rate TV guys that managed to not get replaced.

I do agree, he conducts great interviews. Something just irks me about him though, not sure what.

Of course sportsnet intermissions are a train wreck with Kelly Hrudey and Nick Kypreos. It's just painful watching those two.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I think its kind of laughable and sad that the criticisms of Stombo always come down to how he dresses.

The guy is an amazing interviewer. They should have him doing After Hours. That would be amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00