Streaming Service for the Future Very Near

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Weird i tried support in the preseason and at least i got an email response the next day.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yeah the support was useless. Just kept giving me the bot and it didn't understand what I was saying. Just kept going in a circle.
I had this problem the first time I messaged them, then the 2nd time it was clearly someone different and they understood and took care of what I needed.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
FWIW: I tried streaming on my admittedly low grade laptop and had a choppy result. Using the web browser on my smart TV was infinitely better. May be helpful to some.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
FWIW: I tried streaming on my admittedly low grade laptop and had a choppy result. Using the web browser on my smart TV was infinitely better. May be helpful to some.
My high end laptop+wifi got me 1 minute of a whole game

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Watching the windsor 3rd period. Video is very choppy every time the canera pans. It is so distracting I wouldn't recommend this stream. Anyone else?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Watching the windsor 3rd period. Video is very choppy every time the canera pans. It is so distracting I wouldn't recommend this stream. Anyone else?
Agreed, the feed out of Windsor is not great at all. The main camera gives the ice this weird yellow tint to it. The cogeco feeds in general are trash. Rogers seems to be significantly better.

Would not recommend the Windsor feed.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Agreed, the feed out of Windsor is not great at all. The main camera gives the ice this weird yellow tint to it. The cogeco feeds in general are trash. Rogers seems to be significantly better.

Would not recommend the Windsor feed.
That’s weird. Unless I’m mistaken, I was remembering the Windsor feed being pretty decent in the previous few seasons on the OHL pkg.

trojanyeoman

Sep 10, 2021
London, ON
Anybody tried using this on a Roku in the US? Particularly in the south? Specifically a Roku that was purchased in the US.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Anybody tried using this on a Roku in the US? Particularly in the south? Specifically a Roku that was purchased in the US.
Yeah. That’s the set up I’m using. It’s solid. Some are better than others. Cant rewind the live feed but it’s better than the previous OHL pkg and a much better deal. It was $89.08 USD when I paid.

trojanyeoman

Sep 10, 2021
London, ON
Yeah. That’s the set up I’m using. It’s solid. Some are better than others. Cant rewind the live feed but it’s better than the previous OHL pkg and a much better deal. It was $89.08 USD when I paid.
Did you download the app when you were down there? Or in Canada? How did you find it in the Roku?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Did you download the app when you were down there? Or in Canada? How did you find it in the Roku?
I’m in the States and to be honest even though it was like 6 weeks ago, I can’t remember. I just got the Roku to switch over from AppleTV. My kid set up the Roku and I think after she finished I just searched for the CHL app. I may have downloaded it onto my phone and paid for the service before searching for it on the Roku but I don’t remember the order.

Reactions: trojanyeoman

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Tried to create an account on the chl app because the sting vs knights game is free.Says incorrect email format.Tried different emails on multiple devices.Had to do this because the play store on our android tv box doesn't have the chl app.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Tried to create an account on the chl app because the sting vs knights game is free.Says incorrect email format.Tried different emails on multiple devices.Had to do this because the play store on our android tv box doesn't have the chl app.

Make sure there isn't a space at the beginning or end of your email

Reactions: cupcrazyman

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Saginaw stream last night had choppy video. Every second or two the video would freeze briefly then continue. Made for a very jerky stream. Still watchable, but I would have been upset if I had purchased just one game.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Saginaw stream last night had choppy video. Every second or two the video would freeze briefly then continue. Made for a very jerky stream. Still watchable, but I would have been upset if I had purchased just one game.
Ya was bad in the first period. What I have found no matter where the source is the first and sometimes the first part of the second period feed freezes a lot. Reboot and sometimes it is only a few seconds it freezes again. Seems later in the game it settles down, usually the third is issue free. Not sure if it is my laptop or a streaming issue?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Third period was still a little laggy for me. I tried restarting the feed during 2nd intermission but it didn't make a difference.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ya was bad in the first period. What I have found no matter where the source is the first and sometimes the first part of the second period feed freezes a lot. Reboot and sometimes it is only a few seconds it freezes again. Seems later in the game it settles down, usually the third is issue free. Not sure if it is my laptop or a streaming issue?

I have a basic cheap laptop and the stream was always choppy. I use my smart tv and the feed was much better. The odd glitch but much better. If you have a smart tv try that option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad