STOP! This is the one thing you should do right now!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Excellent entry points right now! Just sayin!

When you made the OP, it was around .42. Rose to all time high on 4/26 to 1.56 but is now currently in the .65 range.Still up by 1/3 or so even after a dip.

I know nothing about crypto.

1. Where do I buy? I have a TD Ameritrade acct I play with occassionally.

2. How do I have proof of ownership? How secure and dependable is it?

3. China is the crypto mining powerhouse but is now cracking down on crypto ... doesnt that scare away already weary pocket investors like me and thus slow growth and long term outlooks?

I could throw a few K towards some random crypto ... but I still have too many questions and watching the rise and fall of Dogecoin and Bitcoin seems risky (even though both above water vs 5 mos ago)

Reactions: HabsInsider

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
When you made the OP, it was around .42. Rose to all time high on 4/26 to 1.56 but is now currently in the .65 range.Still up by 1/3 or so even after a dip.

I know nothing about crypto.

1. Where do I buy? I have a TD Ameritrade acct I play with occassionally.

2. How do I have proof of ownership? How secure and dependable is it?

3. China is the crypto mining powerhouse but is now cracking down on crypto ... doesnt that scare away already weary pocket investors like me and thus slow growth and long term outlooks?

I could throw a few K towards some random crypto ... but I still have too many questions and watching the rise and fall of Dogecoin and Bitcoin seems risky (even though both above water vs 5 mos ago)

1. This information is in the original post. If Canadian, I recommend Coinsquare. If American, US exchanges are not allowing you to buy or trade XRP due to ongoing SEC litigation. You can however buy it from a foreign exchange, like Binance. Optionally, you could wait for Coinbase (Best US exchange) to relist XRP.

2. Once you've purchased your crypto, by default it's held for you by the exchange. You can leave it there, but it's risky if the exchange ever disappears or gets hacked. For secure, long-term storage, I recommend moving it to a hardware wallet (like a Ledger Nano) which is basically like storing your crypto on an offline thumb drive. That will cost you money but it's worth it.

You could also use a software wallet like Exodus (free) or Atomic. It's basically a computer program that stores your crypto. But be sure your computer is free from viruses/malware and ideally you'd use a spare computer that isn't online.

There are pros and cons to each method of storage. Do your own research to decide which method is best for you.

I don't recommend Dogecoin and while I think BTC will always have a place in this market, I view it as the Napster of crypto, a ground-breaking but increasingly obsolete technology. IMO, you will get better returns with other coins.

The only crypto I am recommending is XRP, and to a lesser extent XLM. You can skip XLM altogether if you like. XRP is the one. Wondering why? Check out Bearable Bull and Digital Perspectives on Youtube for more info.

Best of luck to all of you. Just buy XRP and HOLD. In 3-5 years or less you will be very happy you did. But, for your own safety, only invest what you can afford to lose.

Most crypto is gambling and I don't encourage gambling. Some cryptos have utility, like XRP or ETH. I consider that an investment. These are the only types of coins I'll recommend.

Last edited:

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013

Just to follow up on this..

I am all about getting people invested in XRP at good entry points. That's why I made this thread when the price was low, so you'd all get the most for your money.

However, long-term even the high you mentioned of ~$1.56 is a good entry point because XRP is likely going to $20, $100, or possibly $1000+.

Everyone, invest with the expectation of holding for 3-5 years or until your price target is met. Don't be upset if you bought at $1.56 and now the price is $0.65. That's short-sighted. You only lose money if you sell at a loss. These are just the ups and downs of the crypto market. HODL strong, don't panic and you'll be rewarded.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad