BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Its not crap.

A) The season is over
B) He's has been about as invisible as a player can be for the past 3 months
C) He can rest up/ get surgery done sooner
D) It might help us sign him for cheaper (however unlikely)

I meant "crap" in the "that sucks" sense of the word, not "THIS IS CRAP, WTF?!?" sense of the word.

It's always crummy to see a guy get hurt, and sucks more when it's serious.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
at this stage of the season why not call someone else up and give them a chance at playing with in the bigs? nothing against stone but its not like he made a big difference when he was up or even played like a legitimate powerforward (his skating is still below par), why not give a chance to petersson/prince/peumpel and see if they make an impact or can play the role they are designed to play properly. as far as i understand those 3 players dont have to be put on waivers if we wanted to send them down so why wouldnt we give them a shot?

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
at this stage of the season why not call someone else up and give them a chance at playing with in the bigs? nothing against stone but its not like he made a big difference when he was up or even played like a legitimate powerforward (his skating is still below par), why not give a chance to petersson/prince/peumpel and see if they make an impact or can play the role they are designed to play properly. as far as i understand those 3 players dont have to be put on waivers if we wanted to send them down so why wouldnt we give them a shot?

Petersson is a Duck.
Prince and Peumpel are left wings and have almost not shot of making the team next season. Stone does.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Petersson is a Duck.
Prince and Peumpel are left wings and have almost not shot of making the team next season. Stone does.

i was thinking i was making a mistake as i was typing that haha so thanks for correcting me

as for the other 2 players, we have shifted around positions to give people a shot before (da costa/pageau) even though position wise they are long shots to make the team, so why not give them a shot as well. worst case we send them down after a game or 2 because they aren't ready, best case they are ready or have a few good games up here which bumps up there value and we can either keep them with the sens for next year or maybe use them in a potential trade.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The bolded part is pure BS. Spezza wasn't carrying Stone at all.

I know this post is old, but I'll comment anyway. Stone wasn't doing much of anything when he was playing with Spezza. For a guy who seems to have a "knack for scoring" and being in the right place at the right time, he can't put the puck in the net worth a damn. I agree with Cujo on this one, Spezza set Stone up countless times. Stone did have a knack for hitting the goalie's crest, though.

This callup is full of meh.. I've never been a big Stone fan, and I don't think he will make a hill of beans difference for us, now or in the future. I would have used him as trade bait after his WJC performance when his stock was sky high.

Now that AP is gone, Stone is our only decent option at wing since Hoffman is already here. So much for that depth we had. Oh wait there's always JOB :laugh:

Edit - I guess we could see what Prince can do, as well.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
i was thinking i was making a mistake as i was typing that haha so thanks for correcting me

as for the other 2 players, we have shifted around positions to give people a shot before (da costa/pageau) even though position wise they are long shots to make the team, so why not give them a shot as well. worst case we send them down after a game or 2 because they aren't ready, best case they are ready or have a few good games up here which bumps up there value and we can either keep them with the sens for next year or maybe use them in a potential trade.

If the Sens don't re-sign Michalek, one of Prince, Puempel or Schneider does have a shot.

Time for the Sens to give the kids a look, can't hurt can only help.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I haven't been blown away by Stone on his last few call-ups. He's an NHL player no doubt, I'm just waiting for the goal-scoring machine that was advertised.

I wish we had a "Karlsson" in our forward ranks. A can't-miss prospect that will come in and score a ton of goals.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Stone is doing all right considering his age and limited NHL experience. I see the situation as being a lot like what happened with Hoffman, who did not do much until he had a chance to return to big club a couple of times. Even then, Hoffman did not produce until he potted a goal and got the monkey off of his back. Stone will be all right so long as the club sticks with him until the puck starts to go for him. Once his confidence level increases with a bit of success we'll see the type of player he really is, and we can go from there in terms of figuring out if and how he fits into the team depth chart moving forward.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If the Sens don't re-sign Michalek, one of Prince, Puempel or Schneider does have a shot.

Time for the Sens to give the kids a look, can't hurt can only help.

Yes please. We know what Greening and Michalek can and can't do. Hoffman and MacArthur are keepers; lets see what the others can bring in a 10 game sample size. Prince & Puempel need to know there is a chance as well.

Hoffman - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Prince - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek/Greening - Smith - Neil

And yes, let's see what Claesson can bring too

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
too bad he got injured he probably would have stayed up if he didnt

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
They probably would recall Da Costa as well, but then they couldn't send him back down for the AHL playoffs without exposing him to waivers, am I correct?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Stone deserves this based on how he's played. I'd like to see the team get faster, rather than slower (which they will do with Stone in the lineup), but Stone is the best option to be called up at RW.

I hope he does well.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Da Costa probably deserved the first call-up but seeing as it's a winger we need right now, it's no surprise that Stone gets it instead. Hopefully he shows us a little more than what we've seen so far in the NHL.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Stone and Hoffman in the line up at the same time?

are the sens finally giving their prospects the chance to play on the roster?

Next steps take our Neil, Greenign and Condra and put some actual skill players in their

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
First off; I read Phillips was injured and jump out of my chair fist pumping. Then I saw the date of the post and nearly threw my computer out the window.

Second; Ryan had told Mac that his injury wasn't too serious - from what I read here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad