Confirmed with Link: Stone is a finalist for the Calder trophy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
NHL awards are only for regular season play. Playoff performance is not relevant.

I know, but if they could submit their votes whenever the playoff performance may hinder it,

for example an HF poll

Pre Playoffs

Subban 33%
Karlsson 67%

Assuming MTL Advances and Subban beats Karlsson in scoring in the series

Subban 68%
Karlsson 32%

There are people like Brennan and Garrioch voting so the voters wouldn't have much of an IQ difference than the ones on HF. So its good that playoff performances won't alter anything.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Preds fans are a sour bunch. It is just a ****ing award. These awards are as meaningless as the emmys or the oscars or whatever other type of award their are.

The fact is that Forsberg slumped and Stone got hote. In fact, Nashville as a whole slumped badly while Stone pretty much led the team into the playoffs.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Klingberg > Ekblad imo

stupid that they take age into account

games played? and the fact that klingberg is a defense who plays on a terrible defensive team?

other reasons i can think of besides age. I kinda doubt age factored in

anderson lost the vezina because games played even though he played over half the season

klingberg missed 21 percent of the season
Anderson missed 43

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Okkk then Karlsson has the Norris in the bag.

Karlsson's playoff performance thus far would help his case further, imo.

I think it is foregone that he was nominated. So glad he at least has a chance.

I agree. A month or two before and no WAY does he crack top 3. What a remarkable season by him especially since this is the best rookie draft since... 7-8 years ago?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
all 3 are good players, but i wont pretend ive seen all their games, unlike Stone.
im glad he got the recognition and as a sens fan, im glad hes nominated, but any of those 3 deserve it.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I think Stone has a better future out of the 3 but I can't see him winning this year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Really happy for Stone, very deserving though I'd be rather surprised if he actually won, just because the others have bigger names/more hype

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Really happy for Stone, very deserving though I'd be rather surprised if he actually won, just because the others have bigger names/more hype

I would not say bigger names as for more hype to a degree I think Ekblad will win for the sole reason no one cares about Florida so this is the one bright spot.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well deserved.

Any of the 3 could win it.

Personally, it's a tossup between Stone and Ekblad, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gaudreau sneaks away with it. Can't underestimate the media love and cutsey nickname playing a big factor in the votes.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
There was a really convincing argument on the main board why stone should win over Gaudreau. Basically, they had equal points, but all of the other tie breakers and intangibles favour Stone.

The problem is that it's clear Johnny Hockey is the more skilled offensive player, and he had the hype coming into the year.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ekblad or Stone I guess will be the winner. Stone did everything Gaudreau did but more, especially defensively.

Agreed, Gaudreau does have the nickname working for him and i imagine many of the voters especially from the media are idiots and will use this as the deciding factor.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I hyper focused on Gadreau last night. Reminds me a lot of Hoffman. Just tries to skate and dangle through everyone leading to multiple turnovers.

Yeah it may work, but for every time it does you are turning the puck over two other times.

Dont get me wrong, you need players like that that can break a game open, but to be able to produce just as much but be better defensively I think puts the edge in favor of Stone.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
all three excellent choices. And a few more would have pushed in another year.

Love to see Stone get a nod after The Chop. Johnny Hockey has put up some timely point lately and Ekblad is outstanding as well.

Go Stones Go.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Klingberg > Ekblad imo

stupid that they take age into account

It's not stupid at all that they take age into consideration. A player at 18 years old that plays in the NHL is rare, now imagine how rare it is to find a first pairing defensemen at 18 years old. Ekblad has played more games than Klingberg too. Klingberg has more points but Ekblad has been very good to steady this young Panthers team on defense. Klingberg is 22, I can probably name you 15 defensemen that are 22 playing on some teams top 4. How many 18-19 year old can you count? Not only are you less mature physically but you have less experience. Klingberg has played in SHL and AHL which are basically men's league. Ekblad wnt straight from OHL to NHL.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Very happy that Stone got a nod here. Very, very deserved.

I'd like to see him win, but I think it's a tossup between Stone and Ekblad.
Gaudreau winning would be a joke IMO. Stone had the better year, period. Easy to compare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad