Confirmed with Link: Stone is a finalist for the Calder trophy

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Win or not, well deserved recognition. 3 nominees always seems to leave another well deserving candidate on the outside - it is an honour to be nominated in a tough category.

Tnouc Alucard

Sep 10, 2014
No reason Gaudreau should win it above Stone. Same number of points, and Stone was significantly better defensively.

I could see Ekblad taking the prize if the voters wanted to go defense.

Making the playoffs should and does carry weight with the PSWA members who do the voting.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I wouldn't be upset with any of them winning, a convincing case can be made for all three, including Forsberg and Hoffman.

Maybe contract-wise better if Stone doesn't win it!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry, but this has got to be said. All the preds fans tears are delicious. They seriously are.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is mindblowing that some Pred fans think that the reason that Forsberg didn't get nominated is because he plays for the Preds being that they are a small market team.

Do they not realize that the Panthers are also a small market team? Ottawa can also be considered a small market team.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It is mindblowing that some Pred fans think that the reason that Forsberg didn't get nominated is because he plays for the Preds being that they are a small market team.

Do they not realize that the Panthers are also a small market team? Ottawa can also be considered a small market team.

agreed but on the other hand stone got a lot of publicity due hammond/ottawa's run

dont get me wrong, definitely think stone deserved a nomination but the preds fans do have a point

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa

Being a big market team or a Canadian team most probably has an affect. But you're under the microscope, whereas in Nashville, you could get by with playing poorly and no one will know.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm guessing this means that when they announce the three "finalists", the decision has already been made, right? These "finalists" are really just the top-3 vote getters?

This is correct.

All the voting is done before the playoffs start so as to avoid playoff performance bias.

The league already knows who all the winners are for every trophy except the Conn Smythe and the Cup itself.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
This is correct.

All the voting is done before the playoffs start so as to avoid playoff performance bias.

The league already knows who all the winners are for every trophy except the Conn Smythe and the Cup itself.

Hm, I never knew that. You learn something every day. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad