Stockton Heat Become the Calgary Wranglers

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I took a look at the Wranglers website to find ticket info and there is still nothing there... the first home game is only a few weeks away. I get the impression that the Flames are not exactly knocking themselves out trying to sell the product, haha.

I wonder if there will be anyone there, or is this going to be a pandemic hockey throwback with no one in the stands?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I took a look at the Wranglers website to find ticket info and there is still nothing there... the first home game is only a few weeks away. I get the impression that the Flames are not exactly knocking themselves out trying to sell the product, haha.

I wonder if there will be anyone there, or is this going to be a pandemic hockey throwback with no one in the stands?
doubt it's any different when the Moose were in St. John's after TNSE bought the Thrashers to Winnipeg to restart the Jets branding.... remember it's not just the Flames/Wranglers there, THERE's the Hitmen.... all owned by CSE

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
doubt it's any different when the Moose were in St. John's after TNSE bought the Thrashers to Winnipeg to restart the Jets branding.... remember it's not just the Flames/Wranglers there, THERE's the Hitmen.... all owned by CSE

The Manitoba Moose were actually a pretty big draw when they returned to town in 2015. They averaged 7,285 fans that season according to HockeyDB. That was probably the tail end of the brief period when it was damn hard to find Jets tickets, so for a lot of people this was an appealing alternative.

(Of course, it has declined since then... partly due to covid, and partly due to the increased availability of Jets tickets including cheap ones on the secondary market. Cheap upper deck seats on Fansfirst can be had for roughly the same price as lower bowl Moose tickets from Ticketmaster.)

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto

Ticketmaster has Wranglers vs Coachella Valley Oct 16 & 17 going on sale Oct 3rd.

Reactions: JMCx4

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Calgary Wranglers website is now live.... you don't have to go through the Flames page....

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
First AHL team to 40 wins and still can't draw more than 4000 fans. A little sad honestly. The Flames could definitely do a bit better job in promoting them, put some games on the radio, do more highlights in the intermissions of NHL games, work with their content team but it seems like they want the team to stand on its own two feet.

Only the 1st year too, lots of time to build a fanbase.

Reactions: Roadhog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad