Proposal: Stl-Tor

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If they didn't turn the ship around like they did, then of course your GM would have considered making some bold moves. There were countless rumors involving both players earlier in the year, some of them from pretty legit insiders too. The majority of them, like any other rumor were probably baseless, but there definitely was some smoke to the Parayko and more-so Petro rumors back in December. In hindsight it was obviously a great decision to stick with the core because on paper they shouldn't have been where they were in the standings and the rest is history!

You don't make good moves with your best #1 #2 defense man on the team when the problem wasn't them. That's what you and others don't seem to understand #1rhd don't go on trees and if I'm correct several teams have struggled to find that player so once again why would you trade one when the coaching and goalie were the problems. Just doesn't make sense unless your the team that desperatletly needs that player on their team.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
You don't make good moves with your best #1 #2 defense man on the team when the problem wasn't them. That's what you and others don't seem to understand #1rhd don't go on trees and if I'm correct several teams have struggled to find that player so once again why would you trade one when the coaching and goalie were the problems. Just doesn't make sense unless your the team that desperatletly needs that player on their team.

I'm not disputing any of your points about RHD's or trying to insist STL should have traded them because I fully get how difficult it is to find these type of players. But that team was bottom feeding in December and according to most insiders they were discussing significant moves with other teams to shake things up, and the names of Petro and Parayko were most certainly being thrown around in a lot of them. Just because they didn't get moved doesn't mean they weren't being made available for the right price at that time. It could just mean they didn't get what they were looking for in an offer. You're stating like it's fact that those two guys were never even remotely considered to be available, but you don't know that is all I'm saying. You gotta take insider information with a grain of salt most of the time, but I still put a lot more stock in what the insiders are telling me than hfboards posters. When you're hearing rumors day after day about certain players, you can be certain the answer STL's GM was giving rival GM's wasn't flat out "Petro and Parayko are not available". There's a lot of wiggle room between not available and not actively being shopped.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'm not disputing any of your points about RHD's or trying to insist STL should have traded them because I fully get how difficult it is to find these type of players. But that team was bottom feeding in December and according to most insiders they were discussing significant moves with other teams to shake things up, and the names of Petro and Parayko were most certainly being thrown around in a lot of them. Just because they didn't get moved doesn't mean they weren't being made available for the right price at that time. It could just mean they didn't get what they were looking for in an offer. You're stating like it's fact that those two guys were never even remotely considered to be available, but you don't know that is all I'm saying. You gotta take insider information with a grain of salt most of the time, but I still put a lot more stock in what the insiders are telling me than hfboards posters. When you're hearing rumors day after day about certain players, you can be certain the answer STL's GM was giving rival GM's wasn't flat out "Petro and Parayko are not available". There's a lot of wiggle room between not available and not actively being shopped.

That was pretty much Armstrong's message. Stillman even told beanie this was the team. You don't trade corner stone players to shake up a team. Also the insiders get paid to generate buzz can you actually count on one hand how many times they were actually right. One claimed that blues offered petro for nylander before nylander was signed and divas turned it down. Believe that was Friedman or kypreos. That is complete and utter b's. In what world does nylander come close to petro. So your right take it with a grain of salt. But if I said Allen for zaitsev or something like that spread it around enough sites does it make it real. Any way good debate. I see your point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad