Proposal: Stl-Tor

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
With Gunnarson coming back on a very team friendly deal, I think we’re going to deal from a strength and possibly deal Edmundson. I love the guy and over the last three years he’s played a lot on the #1 pairing with Petro. He regressed some this year, but I think he bounces back. What to leafs fans think of something along the lines of:
Edmundson & Fabbri
for
Kapanen +

Reason for including Robby is he could use a fresh start (wouldn’t necessarily have a guaranteed spot and him and Eddie are best buds. Fabbri could thrive with Marner & JT IMO.

Thoughts?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Only thing that makes sense for Toronto that would be expendable from us would probably be Schmaltz for very cheap if someone in Toronto beleives in Schmaltz

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If Edmundson was right handed, maybe Toronto would be interested.

But even then, I feel like we couldn’t pry Kapanen away, which is unfortunate. I’d love to have Kappy on the Blues.

Reactions: ktownhockey

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
If Edmundson was right handed, maybe Toronto would be interested.

But even then, I feel like we couldn’t pry Kapanen away, which is unfortunate. I’d love to have Kappy on the Blues.
I like that look. I think if it were Kappy going for Ed it would be Ed plus something pretty good (potential) or someone (Prospect or player) out of favour.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I like that look. I think if it were Kappy going for Ed it would be Ed plus something pretty good (potential) or someone (Prospect or player) out of favour.
Why Edmondson is top 4 and has been top pairing is young and tough which Toronto sorely lacks. But to say you need a significant add then your off. Just not a match besides I hear Montreal is interested and then he will be your problem.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Why Edmondson is top 4 and has been top pairing is young and tough which Toronto sorely lacks. But to say you need a significant add then your off. Just not a match besides I hear Montreal is interested and then he will be your problem.

That’s relatively disingenuous after the season Edmundson just had. In no way was he top 4 a year ago.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That’s relatively disingenuous after the season Edmundson just had. In no way was he top 4 a year ago.
He was top pairing with petro last year and this year. He was better last year had a set back this year towards the end but played top pairing mins how am I being disingenuous

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Agree to disagree I guess. I like Edmonson, the significant add I meant was on the low level like a 2nd round pick and we add a pick for a Schmaltz like player. I feel those are significant. Could be wrong value wise but for the leafs to trade Kap it would take that I think.

Kap, 2020 4th
Edmondson, 2021 2 nd

If not, no worries lol Habs can have him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Agree to disagree I guess. I like Edmonson, the significant add I meant was on the low level like a 2nd round pick and we add a pick for a Schmaltz like player. I feel those are significant. Could be wrong value wise but for the leafs to trade Kap it would take that I think.

Kap, 2020 4th
Edmondson, 2021 2 nd

If not, no worries lol Habs can have him.
Oh I thought you meant like a 1st or a list prospect.what you propose is very fair.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Oh I thought you meant like a 1st or a list prospect.what you propose is very fair.
I'm a Leafs fan but a realistic one. I don't know if either team does it. We have alot of winger depth so Kap is trade worthy. I think the proposal is fair but won't happen due to the rumoured signing of Kapanen. Hard to trade a dude who took less money. Would love Ed though haha.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'm a Leafs fan but a realistic one. I don't know if either team does it. We have alot of winger depth so Kap is trade worthy. I think the proposal is fair but won't happen due to the rumoured signing of Kapanen. Hard to trade a dude who took less money. Would love Ed though haha.
The East hates big tough dmen like him

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

You're still as biased and unreasonable as ever, I see. Come on dude, why you gotta cause problems in every thread? You'd make a great used car salesman though, I'll give ya that.

I like Eddy as much as the next guy but legit top 4 guys aren't usually healthy scratches during the playoffs. His value ain't that high right now.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
With Gunnarson coming back on a very team friendly deal, I think we’re going to deal from a strength and possibly deal Edmundson. I love the guy and over the last three years he’s played a lot on the #1 pairing with Petro. He regressed some this year, but I think he bounces back. What to leafs fans think of something along the lines of:
Edmundson & Fabbri
for
Kapanen +

Reason for including Robby is he could use a fresh start (wouldn’t necessarily have a guaranteed spot and him and Eddie are best buds. Fabbri could thrive with Marner & JT IMO.

Thoughts?
TOR doesn't need a LD.
TOR doesn't need Fabbri at all.

They'd rather move Kapanen for what they do need than just do this deal.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He was top pairing with petro last year and this year. He was better last year had a set back this year towards the end but played top pairing mins how am I being disingenuous

Because that's demonstrably false.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You're still as biased and unreasonable as ever, I see. Come on dude, why you gotta cause problems in every thread? You'd make a great used car salesman though, I'll give ya that.

I like Eddy as much as the next guy but legit top 4 guys aren't usually healthy scratches during the playoffs. His value ain't that high right now.
How is displaying my opinion causing trouble. I guess I should just ask you for what and how I think before I type. Good to know. Also I am not here attacking other people like you seem to be doing. So practice what you preach.

If eddy is not top pairing or hasn't been for the last two years please provide evidence to the contrary and I will eat crow.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Not ideal but not bad. Dermott will probably be shifted to the right so getting a LHD could work if necessary.

Odd to see a sane proposal with our team.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
They were never available. That's the funny part.

If they didn't turn the ship around like they did, then of course your GM would have considered making some bold moves. There were countless rumors involving both players earlier in the year, some of them from pretty legit insiders too. The majority of them, like any other rumor were probably baseless, but there definitely was some smoke to the Parayko and more-so Petro rumors back in December. In hindsight it was obviously a great decision to stick with the core because on paper they shouldn't have been where they were in the standings and the rest is history!

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
How is displaying my opinion causing trouble. I guess I should just ask you for what and how I think before I type. Good to know. Also I am not here attacking other people like you seem to be doing. So practice what you preach.

If eddy is not top pairing or hasn't been for the last two years please provide evidence to the contrary and I will eat crow.
He was healthy scratched in the playoffs, if that isn’t evidence, I don’t know what is.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

He was playing with Petro to start but played very poorly, so poorly that he was moved out off the pairing and at times, was a healthy scratch. Clearly the top 4 was Petro, Parayko, Dunn, and Bouwmeester.

That’s not to say he can’t be that player again, but it is disingenuous to pretend he was something he clearly was not this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad