Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Jordan Binnington signs extension with the Blues (6 years, $6M AAV)

Benighted

Dec 15, 2011
What's the point of posts like this? Dude commented on the Binnington extension in a thread about the Binnington extension. There's no reason to bring up something completely unrelated, regardless of how much someone's opinion hurts your feelings.

The guy thinks 6 million is too much when his team has braden for 8.6 for two years . Do I need to draw a picture to explain its relevancy or are you good? Go look at stats and tell me the difference isn't worth that extra.

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
What's the point of posts like this? Dude commented on the Binnington extension in a thread about the Binnington extension. There's no reason to bring up something completely unrelated, regardless of how much someone's opinion hurts your feelings.
And I suppose your comment about a comment brings value? Get over yourself.

Good contract.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Ok lol agree to disagree. Thought the forums were to discuss things. Take it easy

Forums are for discussing things! I'm calling you out for trying to shut down discussion with stupid non sequiturs.

Like, Vancouver made a bad signing. I get how you might question Benning over it, but the idea that anyone who likes the Canucks now has invalid or unworthy opinions on goalie contracts is childish and absurd.

Benighted

Dec 15, 2011
6x6 is not a short contract but if blues want cup#2 it had to be done. Husso has promise but has shown he's no where close to ready and we got nothing soon after that. Anything in FA will be just as much or worse and binny works for us. It's either this or window slams shut. Good deal for all as far as I'm concerned.

Benighted

Dec 15, 2011
Forums are for discussing things! I'm calling you out for trying to shut down discussion with stupid non sequiturs.

Like, Vancouver made a bad signing. I get how you might question Benning over it, but the idea that anyone who likes the Canucks now has invalid or unworthy opinions on goalie contracts is childish and absurd.
Fair enough, let me put it this way. I think his opinion is wrong.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
6x6 is a perfect deal for both sides. He's a cup winning goalie and a reliable starter that can handle a good workload. Binnington probably thought he could get 7 as a UFA, Blues probably wanted something around 5ish.

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago

Simply replying "yikes" is asking for a reaction from others. He wasn't trying to discuss anything he just wanted to flame.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
They're paying him for 2019, but I don't think he's that guy anymore. The league seems to have figured him out and he looks like an average starter who had a great 60 games when there was no book on him.

Reactions: bh53 and apollo18

mail

Mar 2, 2021
Good contract. Signed to only 33, that's generally when goalies start to fall off.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm not an advocate for signing goalies to long term contracts. This is not one I'd like if I were a Blues fan. He's still solid for now but I don't know how many goalies actually have remained so through the duration of long deals like this. I know it's not many.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck makes more than him. Good and fair contract considering the Blues are trying to stay under the cap and has proven himself to be a starter. Think he could've gotten more, but Bowman taught us one thing is to not spend a lot on one player if they're contending.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
The guy thinks 6 million is too much when his team has braden for 8.6 for two years . Do I need to draw a picture to explain its relevancy or are you good? Go look at stats and tell me the difference isn't worth that extra.

Funny thing is Holtby was signed to a 5x6 contract when he was much better than Binnington and was trash for the last 2 seasons of it. Doubt Binnington's holds up any better given that he already fell apart once last playoffs and the league seems to have the book on him now

mail

Mar 2, 2021
I'm not an advocate for signing goalies to long term contracts. This is not one I'd like if I were a Blues fan. He's still solid for now but I don't know how many goalies actually have remained so through the duration of long deals like this. I know it's not many.
Well I mean if you're not going to give a good, relatively young goalie his term, someone else gladly will

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005

This is where I land too. Binnington is someone that you can reliably pencil in for 50 effective starts, but I'm just not a fan of 6-year commitments to goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad