Proposal: [STL] Husso for [NYI] Sorokin

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
NYI would gain a very good goaltending prospect who might be ready to take on a serious workload this season. STL gets (IMO) a stronger prospect, with a less certain future...which they can afford with Allen in net.

NYI Might need to add due to uncertainty.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Do you consider Dell a better long term solution than Husso?

Also, Dell might not make it to FA.
dell is better now and the isles aren't worried about the future. they're worried about the present and re-signing jt. also why wouldn't dell make it to free agency?

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Husso is the only legitimate goalie prospect we have in the pipleline (as Binnington, Fitzpatrick and Opilka are all inching toward the bust label), Hutton is a free agent after this year, and I personally don't trust Allen.

Sorokin is a good prospect, but I'd have to politely decline if I were Doug Armstrong.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
They're both good goalie prospects I wouldn't exactly view one better than the other to be honest with you. Regardless i see where you are going with this but I don't know if it's worthy the risk.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This is a pretty easy pass from the Blues. Even goalies need to make adjustments when moving to smaller ice, and Husso is doing that well despite not being put in the best position by the Blues over the past couple of seasons.

With Sorokin, who is a good prospect, to get him over you need to give him an NHL spot and let him sink or swim. It isn't ideal, but there is little incentive for him to sign an ELC to develop in the AHL earning a fraction of what he is on as the starter for CSKA.

If the Blues are looking for a young Russian goalie, I'd want to look at the undrafted Alexei Krasikov. Not as talented as Sorokin, but no asset cost.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
NYI would gain a very good goaltending prospect who might be ready to take on a serious workload this season. STL gets (IMO) a stronger prospect, with a less certain future...which they can afford with Allen in net.

NYI Might need to add due to uncertainty.

No thanks. Isles will wait another 2 yrs for Sorokin's contract to end..

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Do you consider Dell a better long term solution than Husso?

Also, Dell might not make it to FA.
We will take our chances on Dell hitting the ufa market

I am sure he and his agent are well aware of the teams with shaky starting goaltending, well aware of possible suitors on July 1st.

Reactions: Ruddy64

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Husso is the only legitimate goalie prospect we have in the pipleline (as Binnington, Fitzpatrick and Opilka are all inching toward the bust label), Hutton is a free agent after this year, and I personally don't trust Allen.

Sorokin is a good prospect, but I'd have to politely decline if I were Doug Armstrong.
Though I agree husso is a great prospect binning ton is killing it for providence ahl

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Sorokin is now the #1 goalie on the frontrunners for an Olympic medal. If he can backend Russia to gold, his value shoots way up, and I wonder if Snow doesn't start seriously considering that NHL roster spot.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Yeesh. Calm down.

It's not possible for him to calm down. That's just Colt.

Sorokin is better than Husso but the Blues probably wouldn't take the gamble of a swap of the two of them based on the uncertainty. Even with Binnington playing well in Providence, I think the organization sees Husso as the future in net. I imagine that they are going to want to see him in San Antonio next year for the first time as the full-time starter on a Blues run team. Good thought process for the swap though, I just think the Islanders would rather take the chance they can get Sorokin over here with his upside and their current goaltending situation.

Reactions: dood

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Clicked on "show ignored content", immediately regretted that decision.(not aimed at OP just for clarification)

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
From a pure objective standpoint...

Goalie prospects are a full blown crap shoot. No one knows. From what I have seen from NHL GMs is that most would rather go with 'their guys'.

When was the last goalie prospect for goalie prospect trade? Seriously, anyone know? (I mean legit prospects, not AHL fillers)

Reactions: IODCPiper

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Sorokin is now the #1 goalie on the frontrunners for an Olympic medal. If he can backend Russia to gold, his value shoots way up, and I wonder if Snow doesn't start seriously considering that NHL roster spot.

Doesn't he have 2 years left after this year in the KHL?

I would take Sorokin in a vaccuum, but Husso is closer and the current Isles team is pretty exciting.

Reactions: IODCPiper

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
eh they have basically the same stats at the same age but husso is in the ahl which is a harder league for a young goalie to have a good SP. for example, sorokins teammate has a .945.

that, plus the fact that husso is already committed to playing in NA makes me say no. pointless trade

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad