PTO: [STL] F Nick Ritchie signs PTO with the Blues (released)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
If Nick Ritchie makes the team he will likely be our 14th forward and will be making league minimum. He’s more than good enough as a press box guy that can fill in on the 4th line, hit a bunch of guys and pop in a few goals.

Not sure why you’re over here acting like there’s any risk here at all. The Blues are deep up front so it’s a fine addition.

I’m not sure why you’re acting like I’m saying there is “risk”. I’m just saying he’s a subpar, frustrating player and doesn’t look good on any line. At least in my experience watching.

I do agree. He appears to have “assets”. But it’s amazing how he just cannot put it together into a worthwhile NHL player.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Another year where an NHL team isnt smart enough to sign both the Richie brothers and run a Bash Bros line. Maybe one day someone will put the brothers together, and they will dominate bottom 6s league wide with their physicality.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I’ll be back a few weeks into the season for the “oh nevermind” posts from all of the currently positive Blues fans. That is, if he can make the team.

No one does more standing around on the ice than Nick Ritchie. No one.

Clearly you did not watch the Blues Dmen when it was their job to watch the front of the net.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Nick Ritchie was a good pickup for the Coyotes. They got a 2nd round pick for taking on his contract. He played 82 games, had 19 goals and 35 points and was 4th on the team in hits last year.

On a 1yr under $1 million, Nick Ritchie is a good depth wing option. But because of the cap, most teams that might be able to use him just don't have the space. This is a good PTO by the Blues.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Any team that offers a contract to Nick Ritchie will need a really strong PK to handle all the dumb offensive zone penalties he takes.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Nick Ritchie was a good pickup for the Coyotes. They got a 2nd round pick for taking on his contract. He played 82 games, had 19 goals and 35 points and was 4th on the team in hits last year.

On a 1yr under $1 million, Nick Ritchie is a good depth wing option. But because of the cap, most teams that might be able to use him just don't have the space. This is a good PTO by the Blues.
I liked him on our powerplay. He had a tough time keeping up during 5on5 due to his lack of speed. But like you said, he can add a physical presence if motivated.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Its a good signing because it would seem they'd use him as a 4th line agitator/tough guy who can sometimes score points in limited minutes.

Its what can happen when you draft a guy with low hockey sense and out need over BPA.
He partly went #10 in 2014 because Anaheim had recently traded 6'2 Bobby Ryan who played LW on the Ducks top line. Ritchie being a 6'2 LW fit a need for the franchise at the time and their best forwards were right shots in Getzlaf and Perry. The hope was Ritchie would eventually become a LW who could play on the top line with Getzlaf and Perry.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Another year where an NHL team isnt smart enough to sign both the Richie brothers and run a Bash Bros line. Maybe one day someone will put the brothers together, and they will dominate bottom 6s league wide with their physicality.

Both Calgary and Arizona tried to get both brothers last season, and almost made it, they just didn't think their plan all the way to the end.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I hope the Blues have a video tribute if he ever plays against them
That video will be his one preseason fight where his jersey came off because he didn’t have it tied down, and he got ejected from the game because of it.

Seriously that happened, that was his one highlight he had. Would make for an amazing tribute video lol.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
That video will be his one preseason fight where his jersey came off because he didn’t have it tied down, and he got ejected from the game because of it.

Seriously that happened, that was his one highlight he had. Would make for an amazing tribute video lol.

He gave this team the shirt off his back and this is how they repay him?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
When the Habs start waiving their crumb bum players if one gets claimed, they should sign this crumb bum, waive him and have him there just in case.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Man I remember some vocal Leafs fans were furious we took Nylander over this stud.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Man I remember some vocal Leafs fans were furious we took Nylander over this stud.

I’ll admit he was one of my bad misjudgements. I thought he should have gone at 5 (at least I was right to have him above MDC, Virtanen, and Fleury), and was so disappointed Toronto passed on him. But it was because I was so sure he was Lucic 2.0 and didn’t want him in the conference. Anaheim taking him to go along with Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Bieksa, Maroon, Stoner, etc seemed like a nightmare at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad