PTO: [STL] F Nick Ritchie signs PTO with the Blues (released)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Friedman said this offseason was a lesson for bottom 6 guys who should have been aggressive right at free agency on taking the minimum, instead of waiting around when there is such little money in the system for those types of players right now

Reactions: banks

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
how do you mean?

hes on a PTO and he was closing in on 30 points last year if healthy. not lighting up the league, but hes a capable player for most teams

30 points doesn't tell you the story about this guy. Utter lazy and looks disinsterested most nights
Has the tools but not the toolbox

Everyone is bets on his 6'3 frame, his OHL numbers and his draft position thinking they can turn him around. Or he'll find his game

Been waived and nobody picked him up. Not fast enough or responsible enough to be bottom 6, not skill enough to be top 6

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I remember when the Leafs deliberated right before their selection at the 2014 draft...Ritchie or Nylander...?....Made the right choice..good pick.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I remember when the Leafs deliberated right before their selection at the 2014 draft...Ritchie or Nylander...?....Made the right choice..good pick.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. While no one has any proof it was speculated to be Ehlers or Nylander. It was Don Cherry who was livid the Leafs didn’t pick the good ole Ontario OHL power forward and instead the small Swede

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Blues love grit so this makes sense

We're kind of low on grit at the moment so I don't mind the PTO. If he wins a spot as a 13th forward then good for him. If not, whatever. Armstrong loves to give that last chance to veteran players and a few of them paid off in the short term.

Honestly I'm pretty unfamiliar with him but I can see that he's pissed off a few fan bases judging from the comments.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Just glad it's not with the Flames....although the most Flames thing to do would be to give up assets for him at the deadline after he signs somewhere else for free.

7z653g.jpg

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’ll be back a few weeks into the season for the “oh nevermind” posts from all of the currently positive Blues fans. That is, if he can make the team.

No one does more standing around on the ice than Nick Ritchie. No one.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
What a whiff of a pick that was by Anaheim.
Conner Bleackley by the Avs at #23 takes the cake on that draft though, only first rounder with 0 games played. It might be too early to judge but Pastrnak was taken 2 picks later.

Edit: nvm Nucks picked Jake Virtanen at 6 :sarcasm:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Conner Bleackley by the Avs at #23 takes the cake on that draft though, only first rounder with 0 games played. It might be too early to judge but Pastrnak was taken 2 picks later.
I mean, yeah but a pick at 23 is always riskier than a pick in the top 10.

The Ducks went with Ritchie ovet Pasta, Fiala, Larkin, Tuch, Fabbri...I could go on. To this day I still wonder if that was Bob looking for a kid with sandpaper in his game over someone else Madden recommended.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I mean, yeah but a pick at 23 is always riskier than a pick in the top 10.

The Ducks went with Ritchie ovet Pasta, Fiala, Larkin, Tuch, Fabbri...I could go on. To this day I still wonder if that was Bob looking for a kid with sandpaper in his game over someone else Madden recommended.
Yeah true, but Ottawa hit the jackpot picking Yzerman as the #100 pick. Oh shit wait it was Eiserman.

Any time teams pick either "because hes tough" or "we need a player in that position" its a recipe for disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: HanSolo

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got to think this is the last chance for him or at least close to it.

Cannot live off of the draft position forever....

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Like I said: “if he makes the team”

Unless you’re saying you will be happy with nothing if he gets a spot on the roster. But that wouldn’t make any sense at all.
If Nick Ritchie makes the team he will likely be our 14th forward and will be making league minimum. He’s more than good enough as a press box guy that can fill in on the 4th line, hit a bunch of guys and pop in a few goals.

Not sure why you’re over here acting like there’s any risk here at all. The Blues are deep up front so it’s a fine addition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad